Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rock Springs Green River
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Rock Springs
n/a
“Not bad.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

I stayed here for two weeks on business.The place seemed clean and welcoming.

Pros: The breakfast was good. There was one lady who was cooking the breakfast who was particularly nice and genuinely cared about the guest's satisfaction. The room and hallways seemed clean. I always check hotel beds, couches, and curtains, and I saw no bedbugs or critters in my third floor room. Walk-in shower was the best I've seen in a while. They also have a laundering service provided by a local cleaner.

Cons: Paper thin walls/floors (luckily, you can turn the heater/ac to constant fan mode and drown out surrounding noise). Pool room and workout room were sweltering hot inside, with no thermostat to adjust.

Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
tgreenWyoming, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rock Springs Green River, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We value all comments and suggestions. Glad you enjoyed your 2 week stay. I look forward to seeing you next time you are in the Rock Springs area.

Trish Green

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Tadley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

Comfortable bed, clean and well equipped room, and staff who were friendly and able to help. However, it lacked any form of charisma, and was, in the end, just a bed for the night. The surrounding area was built-up and heaving with traffic, and with nothing to commend it. In fairness, we were just passing through, and needed nothing more, but not a place I would visit again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tricia G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rock Springs Green River, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel.

Tooele, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

We are reward members and were warmly welcomed when we arrived. They gave us trail mix and water. The indoor pool was great. The room was clean and the furnishings were in good condition. The only con was that the walls seemed paper thin. Other than that, the hotel was great, especially when I forgot my purse after checking out and they were kind enough to let me back into the room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tgreenWyoming, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rock Springs Green River, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay.
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

This is a standard new Express. The staff was friendly, and the hotel was above average in all areas. I'd stay here again.

Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank WanderingApe
tgreenWyoming, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rock Springs Green River, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you! We appreciate your kind words!

North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

I have stayed at several Holiday Inn Express Hotels throughout the USA and this is one of the best. It is very new and eco friendly too. The A/C only comes on as you enter the suite so its not wasting energy. The bathroom was spotless as was the whole room. Maids were quick and efficient. The breakfast was possibly the best free breakfast I've had at any hotel. Everyday it varies slightly from sausage to bacon, biscuits and gravy, choice cereals, premium coffees, juices. Beautiful dining room too.

1 Thank jamesgangx5
tgreenWyoming, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rock Springs Green River, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Thank you!
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

I stayed at this hotel while in town for a conference and was very impressed with the design of the rooms--no polyester coverlets printed with dated floral designs here! The beds are simply made with white sheets and were very comfortable, with both soft and firm pillows available. The showers have a great, modern tile rather than a crummy plastic insert, and the towels were nice and thick. In addition to blackout shades, the sheers have a horizontal stripe and the drapes looked like dupioni silk. It was a really comfortable and chic room.

The breakfast looked good (I only had time to make toast), and apparently the cinnamon rolls are very popular. There were also biscuits and gravy and omelets, plus the usual bagels and cereal, etc. The manager could have been friendlier, but everyone else was very nice and accommodating, from other front desk people to the shuttle drivers.

The only problem that I had on my stay was that my room was right above the big electrical (?) system behind the hotel. It was really loud and even the noise from my air conditioning unit did not mask the sound. I was given a different room the second night and it was much better. Also, the wireless internet was not terribly fast.

I don't see myself being in Rock Spring again soon, but if I do ever visit, this is where I will stay.

1 Thank acsmith99202
Thank you!
Rawlins, Wyoming
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

I stay in HIE all over the state as I travel for business. This hotel is nice and new. It is modern in decor, which I found to be quite cold. As posted in previous reviews the staff were very rude and could use a course in hospitality etiquette! Indeed the AC unit is unbearably loud, the pop machine didn't work, the ice was missing and staff could give a care!!! The bed is very uncomfortable, hard and not what is usually in a HIE. On the bright side the hot tub is quite nice. I will stay somewhere else my next trip to Rock Springs!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank annoyed49
Tricia G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rock Springs Green River, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Dear Annoyed 49,
Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your experience with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Rock Springs. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have had.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations. Your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your business.