“Pet friendly”

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Rock Springs
Overland Park, KS
“Pet friendly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We chose this property because it is pet friendly and conveniently located off I-80. It is an older property but our room was very clean. No problem with hot water. Rooms was noisy, with lots of hallway, water, and adjoining room noise. The room had a severe shortage of outlets, making it difficult to get everything charged overnight.

When we arrived, the popcorn machine in the lobby was a big hit with travelers with kids. Unfortunately, the lobby still smelled of popcorn the next morning, which wasn't very appetizing, so we skipped breakfast.

We did drive downtown to Broadway Burger Station for dinner, which was very good. The chili cheese fries were excellent, as was the chocolate malt which we took with us as dessert.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kindra V, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Rock Springs, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear RanLady,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to TripAdvisor. Here at La Quinta we LOVE our pets! Across the country you can rest assured that La Quinta will offer your pet a room. I am sorry to hear that you did not find enough outlets in your room, we have since installed outlets on our side tables for your ease. I hope that the next time you are on your way through Wyoming you will stop in again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Aspen, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Another one night stay for us. Pulled in after dark with some trouble finding the hotel, checked in and there was a small football watching party going on. Ate at a nearby restaurant and headed back to hop in the hot tub before retiring to the room for the evening. Not a bad stay, no issues with our water temperature and the room was clean and slightly better than average. Complimentary continental breakfast in the AM is always a nice touch.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear HoboHealth,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to TripAdvisor. Helping out weary travelers is what we do. I am happy to hear that after a long day on the road that you were able to find the La Quinta Inn a great place to rest for the night. I hope that on your next trip through the area that you will again choose our hotel.
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is a great hotel when they have hot water. I have read other reviews about there not being any hot water & I thought it was a fluke. However, when we complained in the morning after discovering the water in the shower was cold, they did adjust our bill, so no hard feelings. We were told that the water heaters' pilot lights were out (apparently all over the hotel) and that's why there was not hot water. If you stay here--make sure you take your shower before you go to bed. I did have hot water the night we arrived--it took awhile but it was there. The breakfast was good and the beds were comfortable & the room was clean. No other complaint.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sandy821,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to TripAdvisor. We really appreciate it when our guests bring problems to our attention. I apologize that you had a problem with the hot water in the hotel. but I am glad that we were able resolve the situation to your satisfaction. I hope that you are able to stay with us again very soon!
ft recovery
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We arrived at the hotel and promptly given our key to our room. When we opened the door our room had not been cleaned from the last guests, this was at 3 in the afternoon. We were also suppose to have a roll away bed which we didn't get. While waiting for our room to be cleaned we called around and found an opening at another hotel for the rest of the week. We spent 1 night at La Quinta and left.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

A decent property. Really appreciated room location since we were traveling w/ our small dog. They were kind enough to put us on the first floor near an exit. Beds were very comfy. A friendly staff. Morning breakfast was sufficient.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kindra V, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Rock Springs, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear maryrtrotter,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to TripAdvisor. Here at the La Quinta Rock Springs we LOVE our guests pets! We try to accommodate our pet parents as much as possible. I hope that the next time that you are in town you will choose to stay with us again!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I arrived very late and tired. The clerk seemed like she was waiting for up for me and was fast and efficient getting me checked in and to my room. The long hallway leading to my room was disconcerting. My being tired, made the hallway seem to stretch out in front of me and I got a dizzy feeling. But the room was large and clean and most importantly the bed was large and comfortable. I slept like a rock. My morning shower was "invigorating" having little to no hot water. Apparently the boiler had broken down. The included breakfast was very good with sausage, bacon, eggs, waffles, cereals, yogurts, fruits and breads. The breakfast food area was very small, very busy, and very crowded. But there was another small adjoing eating area that was nice and quiet to eat in (1)(2). I had a room on a wing which was quiet and with access to the side entrance, parking lot and pool, and was able to avoid the long hallway. Overall a pretty nice hotel (3)(4). I would have given it a 4 but the broken boiler and no hot water demanded a demerit.

(1) The La Quinta in Reno, NV has a similar small/split-up breakfast/dining area, but put the waffle-maker in the dining area, resulting in a huge crowd of noisy teenagers waiting on waffles and not quieter dining area.
(2) Check out the La Quinta in Ely, NV. It has a much larger breakfast and dining area. Very nice, relaxing and enjoyable.
(3) I recommend travelers use I-70/US-50 rather than I-80 and stay at the La Quinta in Ely, NV.
(4) I recommend the hotel's owners/investors visit the La Quinta in Ely, NV when considering renovations.

Room Tip: Get a room on one of the wings overlooking the pool and parking lot. You'll be able to avoid the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear TrippingMaverick,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to TripAdvisor. I am happy hear that you enjoyed your visit to our property. It brings us all joy that you appreciate the things that we strive for every day like a clean hotel with great staff. I hope that you when you come back through the area that you will choose to stay with us again!
Omaha
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Old hotel that is run down. Staff does a fair job of cleaning considering the age of this place. Bed sheets were worn out. Rooms lack enough plug ins in convenient places. Room was small. Breakfast was overcrowded and not really available due to the number of people there. We had to go out for breakfast. One good thing - the air conditioner worked fine. Halls smelled musty.

Room Tip: Best tip I can give to travelers is to avoid Wyoming. Hotels are few, expensive, and disappointing.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gary B,
Tank you for taking the time to post your comments to TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear that you has a less than stellar visit when staying here in Rock Springs. The La Quinta is an older hotel but all of our staff take pride in keeping it very clean. I am very sorry to hear about breakfast as well, often when we are full nearly all guests want breakfast at the same time. As for the electrical outlets we have since installed free standing outlet ports on all side tables. I hope that on your next trip through Wyoming that you will give us another chance to impress.