“An older La Quinta that's overpriced...”

Baymont Inn & Suites Rock Springs
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Rock Springs
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This hotel was conveniently located off the freeway especially as I was dodging a snowstorm. The rooms are adequate just outdated--with older TV's, etc. Breakfast was surprisingly excellent and included bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffles. Great for a quick overnight stay but a little pricey for these rooms.

• Stayed: March 2012
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Rock Springs

Reviewed December 19, 2011

Clean room , friendly people but had to leave cause we needed Internet for work

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed November 30, 2011

The suite shouldnt be only the biggest room in the hotel, it should be the nicest. I might be being a little picky, but I am an Elite member, and I stay at LQ's across the US ALOT!!!

The cords under the TV, which was on the desk, so I couldnt use it for working, were very "ratty". The couch had stains, the chairs, had stains, and the fridge was akwardly sitting in a corner. Overall the room was nice and big, but it was very poorly designed and had a bit of a messy look. The shower curtain was tattered, and the curtain bar was about to fall off the wall.

For bfast, I noticed broken bowls being used to house the butter and cream cheese. Am I being picky? Maybe, but geez... but a dollar bowl!

The bfast is always rather gross as well. I have stayed here multiple times, and the biscuits and gravy are horrendous, the eggs are spongy, and the sausage is rather mysterious looking. Still with a pastry, bagel, or bowl of cereal.

I know this sounds like me just venting, however, the service is always top notch. All the ladies who work there go out of their way to make you feel wanted and comfy.

I hope to see some changes, as I come here a lot, but will still come even if they dont change.

Room Tip: They use this hotel for the Oilfield guys to stay in while training for Haliburton and Schlumberger...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I will not stay here again. The bed sheets were all stretched out and kept coming off all night long. The shower curtain rod was broken so the curtain would not stay put and got water all over the floor and the room was suppose to be non smoking and the entire place reeked of cigarette smoke. And the carpet was wet in front of one of the beds. If I ever have to stay in Rock Springs again I will choose a different hotel chain to stay at.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Linda W
Reviewed November 2, 2011

If you are not a smoker, but LOVE smelling cigarette smoke in your non-smoking room, this is the place for you! The stank just bellows through the hallways and permeates your clothes, nose and pet's fur, just everything. Walking down the hall through clouds of cigarette smoke to reach our non-smoking room, makes NO sense! If we didn't just drive over 500miles, we'd leave right now. The super slow wi-fi is a bonus! Driving cross country and will be happy to spend a little more $ and pay the pet fees at a more upscale hotel from here on in.

20minutes later: The smoking down the hallway got so bad that we were totally disgusted and actually on line looking for other hotels that accept pets in this area, even though we are exhausted! Gave up d/t the slow internet and called the front desk instead to see this hotel can redeem itself and move us to a different room FAR from any smoking rooms. The woman at the front desk was very sweet and accommodating and didn't hesitate to move us. Thankfully there were a few rooms available or we would have packed up and moved regardless of our super long exhausting day. My throat is itchy, my nose is stuffed up and my head aches from breathing in smokey air for the past hour. Not a nice end to such a long day on the road. New room is much better, but unless you are an avid smoker, I still do not recommend this hotel. Time for a hot shower and nasal wash before bed!

If you end up here and do not want to sleep in a room reeking of smoke, or walk through a hallway that stinks like a bar full of smokers, make sure you make it very clear that you want to be REALLY FAR away from ANY smoking rooms.

2 days later..... husband and I are still coughing, as if we actually smoked a pack of cigarettes that night, and I have a sore throat and feel like Im getting sick! Thanks La Quinta! Never again!

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker and do not wish to leave your hotel stay with a new lung disease, I either w...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2011

My husband and I just stayed here with our 2 dogs for an overnight on our way to Oregon. The room was smaller then the others we stayed in, the bathroom was a little cramped, but the stay was not that bad. It was clean, beds were comfy, and the breakfast was better then some of the newer LaQuintas we've stayed in. The front desk people were nice and even moved us out of the smoking section. I would stay here again.
One piece of advice for those travelling through and gassing up. Don't gas up at the Exxon or Sinclair by the hotel. Take a right at the street the Sinclair is on and go to the Loaf and Lug just 600 ft down the street. We saved 24 cents a gallon on fuel.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank TravelsWithHuskies
Reviewed October 1, 2011

The hotel is old but our room was clean and looked well kept. The lady at the front desk got us checked into our room super quick which was really nice. Overall it was a good stay and if I am ever in Rock Springs again I will most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple