“TERRIBLE!!”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Rock Springs
San Diego, California
“TERRIBLE!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

There was pubic hair all over the bathroom floor and behind the lid of the toilet. It was absolutely DISGUSTING! The hotel is pet friendly and when I went to go to sleep after a long day of traveling, I pulled back the covers to find an excessive amount of animal hair all over the sheets. I am most positive that they were never even changed after the previous guests. We had to wear our shoes the whole time we were in that room. My 2 year old daughters feet were BLACK from walking on the carpet. I have never stayed in such a dirty hotel!! I will not be staying at this one again!! It was a waste of $70!! It would have been cleaner outside on the ground

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lincoln, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

We stayed here on a fast trip to California. We called ahead for a reservation when we were about 2 hrs away (in a thunderstorm w/hail). The receptionist was very friendly. Glad we called ahead because when we got there, there were no rooms left.

We had a room on the 2nd floor. It was clean, but the bed was not a comfy one. Neither one of us slept well that night. There was a continental breakfast with the basics--rolls, coffee, juices.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Steeler-country
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2010

Location not the best part of town. The hotel needs to replace the check in staff hotel shirts that have holes in them. The first room the toilet did not flush, they quickly changed our room with out a problem. The bathroom was very small, hard to close the door with out stepping into the tub. Also the shower head was silly low, even for a 5' 5" woman. All in all not bad, but not great for the money.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Stillwater, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2009

Had everything we needed, queen beds, outside doors, first floor, coffee pot, microwave and laundry room (which I used). Restaurant was okay, lounge was small.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
San Jose, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2009

The rooms must have been upgraded since the previous reviews because our room was clean and even looked like it had been recently painted, etc. The continental breakfast was better than many others we've had. This motel is sort of in the low rent district;; you have to go up a couple more exits on the freeway and pay $50+ a night if you want something more fancy in a nicer area. This suited us just fine. Pets $15.00/night. Free internet access. Mexican restaurant adjacent to restaurant.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Breckenridge, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2008

I would have written this review a long time ago but I did not know about this site. I am cutting and pasting a letter that I wrote to the manager after my stay. This was hands down the WORSE place I have ever stayed at!

Ms. Megan Campbell
Econo Lodge
1635 Elk
Rock Springs, WY 82901

Dear Ms. Campbell:
I had the displeasure of staying one night at the Econo Lodge that you manage on Thursday, May 3, 2007. The reason that this letter is being sent over a month after my stay is that I waited until I received my credit card bill to see if the charges were taken off or adjusted which they were not.

I have stayed in hundreds of hotel rooms over the years and literally your hotel was the least clean out of any that I have ever stayed in. The bed sheets had blood stains on them, there were hairs in the bathroom and the carpet was not vacuumed. I tried to find another room at another hotel that night but every place in Rock Springs was booked. I was tempted to sleep in my car but since I was traveling alone I decided to just sleep in my clothes on the top of the bed.

The next morning when I checked out I complained to the worker at the front desk, she was very nice and told me that she would log a complaint and she gave me $20 off the room. I told her that I would prefer not to pay anything but understood that she could not authorize that, she said that she would speak to the manager. When I just got the credit card bill I noticed that I still had a charge of $99 on my statement.

I have never written a complaint letter like this before but I really feel that I should not have been charged because of the horrible conditions that the room was in. I know that my credit card is on file and if possible I would like you to credit my account.

If you would like to discuss this matter future please feel free to call me, my work number is (XX) and my cell phone number is XX.

In advance, thank you for your consideration of this complaint.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Eeverything Was Bad!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Western US
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2008

We were in the process of moving so we needed to spend a couple nights in town before heading out to our new destination. We have a dog and cat which is why we ended up here - not even close to our first choice.

This may have been one of the worst places I've ever stayed. We live in Rock Springs, so we were fully prepared for the oil-field workers, but weren't ready for the dirty bathroom and incredibly thin walls. Our first night, we were kept up all night with people going up and down the stairs. The next night - a Friday - was terrible. We spent an hour there before leaving and sleeping in our empty house in our sleeping bags. Apparently there was a high school sports team in town - and at 11:30 at night they were screaming and laughing in the parking lot (the rooms open to the outside). We could hear other people walking around and slamming doors.

The continental breakfast is okay, and the restaurant that's attached is actually really good and fairly inexpensive. It's in a fairly convienient location and takes pets.

• Liked — Pets welcome
  • Disliked — Incredibly thin walls and dirty bathroom
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple