“Hard to find”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Rock Springs
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Hard to find office unless looking - GPS had trouble finding hotel. Resturant attached to office and is seen first. Room was adequate. Said handicap accessible but bathroom was small and toilet was not ADA. Did have some grab bars. Front desk person was friendly. Breakfast bar in AM was adequate for needs - eggs tasted like they came from powder but ketchup masks a lot. Waffle machine worked well. Bed good. Quiet. Pet friendly fee but NO GRASS. Obviously a passing through stop. Just off interstate. Shower pressure was awful

Room Tip: Sits off the main road and a couple of blocks off interstate. Would ask for a ground floor to cut d...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 31, 2012

It was a nice room but the carpet was pretty dirty from alot worker type people. The rooms were full and I was wondering if the mirrors or something was going to be broke on our truck in the a m but it was not it has a good area to walk the dogs. Their was a bit of a mix up with our room so we were clear across the lot from our family.But it was down stairs and we were able to park close to our room. It was getting late when we arrived so i was glad we were able to find rooms and that they are pet friendly. It did upset me to have to pay $10 per dog because the room needed a good cleaning. However having cleaned rooms I appreciate the extra work it take to clean a room especially will people leave their dogs in a room alone or to get on the beds. My dogs have their own beds and they use them. They had contential breakfast along with pots and plenty of coffee in the rooms.And a good area for walking the dogs.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I told my wife to read the reviews. But she had to have something close to McDonalds.
I could not believe the place.
After dodging the pit in the pavement to get to our room we finally got to our room.
We had to get drunk to sleep.
The bathroom door had to be forced to close. Hair on the floor.
The only good thing (other than the personnel ). Was that the shower had water pressure.

Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Cissydee
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed here for one night on way from Grand Tetons to Estes Park. First thing was our toilet stopped up. The maintenance person had left for the day and the front desk did not have a plunger. They moved us to another room. Then we could not get good reception on the TV. Front desk said the cable system was lousy. We decided to get ice and wash some clothes. The nearest ice machine was not working. There was no soap in the dispenser in the laundry room. We had to dash across the street to buy laundry detergent at a convenience store. The laundry room was unbearably hot. There was a restaurant attached to the back of the reception area. This was Sunday,so the restaurant had closed at 4pm. Luckily there was a fast food Mexican place next door. The only good thing was the hotel was near I-80 so we could make a quick getaway the next morning.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DLfromATL
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Easy access to this motel, near gas stations and fast food restaurants at junction of I-80 and Wy 191. This is an older property, the rooms need updating, the pillows were uncomfortable, the bath/shower needed to be replaced. Good Internet access, AC worked great, and the room was quiet despite the motel being full. We appreciated the night manager taking the time to fix our TV. Breakfast was served next to the motel check-in counter so the seating area was small, but the food was fine: cereal, toast, waffles, eggs, bacon, juice, etc. Our room had a frig and microwave, but the room next door did not, so you might want to request this in advance.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Ihad checked a few hotels before picking the Econolodge, all the others were so over priced for my budget. I decided on this hotel for the price so I was a little concerned what the room was going to be like, but it was great. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the shower had plenty of hot water and good pressure. I will definitly stay here the next time I am in town. The Staff was very helpful and the restaurant was very good too.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Llracingwest
Reviewed March 24, 2012

First, as background I am a woman in my mid 30's, here on business and booked this hotel as part of a Travelocity package. Staff - super friendly, room was clean and bed was decent. The annoyances added up by: the bathtub faucet dripping all night unless you cranked it all the way shut like a hulk - and then the next morning couldn't get it to turn on....water was hot but not for long, no dilly dallying in the shower. The door locked but you could see light all the way around it and about an inch crack underneath...a little uncomfortable feelilng for security. Wi-fi was a joke - worked on and off and the tech support they gave me was a crackpot. No work getting done on my down time. A plus, the mexican restaurant right next door was delish. If I came back again and had hubby and kids - would not stay there.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business