“Clean and reasonable rate”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Rock Springs
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I was surprised after reading the other reviews, I found this hotel to be very nice, the staff was all friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. For the price in Rock springs, you cant beat it.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Loralee T

Reviewed November 19, 2011

Wow, i wish I had been able to check out Trip Advisor before booking this room, I never would have done it.
Poor parking, tiny bathroom, smoke filled towel (in a non-smoking room), flat pillows.Said it was pet friendly yet had no place for my dog to take care of business.

The employees were great, what a shame they don't have a property to be proud of.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BEEHAVE
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Spiders in room, bugs in bathtub, carpet filthy, human hair on bathroom floor, mold around tub and toilet, dust thick enough to write a three page letter on, white stains on bedspreads.Complained to corporate offices and was told the local manager/owner needed to take care of this. I didn't like paying to sleep in filth and asked that my money be refunded a total of about $24.00 was redeposited in my account. Please travel on a little further to find a motel cleaner than this. Have photos of the filth in case anyone is interested.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2011

First, BIG kudos' to the great, friendly staff. That was the best part, really.

FAR FAR FAR overpriced for a completely worn-out motel of yesteryear (as in 1950). Lots of trash and butts strewn everywhere. The room was basically clean, or as clean as I suppose you can get a room that's had 75,000 people sleep in it. I smoke, but I never smoke indoors - I felt like I was in a room that'd been used for a week long, 24hr poker game complete with cigars, pipes and chain-smoking cigarette smokers.

Did I say the staff was super? Under the circumstances, it sure helped.

I have a HUGE problem with motel franchises like this that miraculously get their annual inspection by Econo Lodge and are allowed to continue to rip-off the general public. It's tantamount to a B-Felony in my humble opinion - there's something criminal involved in allowing places like this to stay open for business. Where's the state Health Department? Shame on Econo Lodge - you higher-ups need to be forced to LIVE in your crappy motels for a year in EACH ONE you allow to operate in this fashion.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Please don't stay here. There is nothing good to say...
-The parking is difficult and not well lit
-Our nonsmoking room was filled with cigarette smoke
-The mattress sank down
-The bathroom was TINY
-The floor was gross
-The wi-fi was slower than a turtle's pace
-The sheets and pillow cases felt unwashed
-The breakfast room was TINY
-The only thing worth mentioning is that they had bacon for breakfast...but it's unhealthy anyways...

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Even when it was Memorial Day weekend, the price was not appropriate for that hotel. But anyway the prices in Rock Springs are high. The outside of the hotel was a little bit strange, it looked quite old. The room itself then looked nice. But I was disappointed by the lack of cleanness. The chairs looked so ugly, that I put a towel over it before sitting on. So I guess, when beeing again in Rock Springs I will not go there again. Wifi was free, but very limited.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Price and familiarity are the two reasons I stayed here. My vehicle had broken down so I didn’t have much choice as in which town to stay. I had someone check the internet and found that the Econo Lodge and nearby Days Inn were the cheapest places in town to stay, my corp pricing wasn’t even close in this town.

Room was nothing special for the price, but this is the going rate for this town. (It was also a little closer to the airport so my taxi would be less in the AM)

Restaurant is in the same building, Santa Fe Southwest Grille see that review.

Even though I had plenty of time, I still didn’t go for their breakfast. That is one thing that has not changed in the 3-4 years since I’ve been here. I remember last time the ‘crew’ filling their plates before heading out to the job. They have one thing you don’t see often, bacon. Plus eggs, and the other usual items for a motel.

Took pictures to keep the write-up shorter.

Front desk was pleasant both in the PM and in the AM.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business