“Blood on sheets! And who knows what else!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Rock Springs

Comfort Inn & Suites Rock Springs
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Rock Springs
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Blood on sheets! And who knows what else!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We would never stay here again. We checked in late and crawled into bed. The next morning we noticed blood on the sheets; it was not stains either. After checking ourselves to be sure it wasn't ours, my husband went down to the front desk. The manager told him the housekeepers don't speak good English, so he didn't know if our room was cleaned or not. They said someone would be up in a little bit to change the sheets, no one did and we checked out at 2 pm. Prior to checking out, I also went down to the front desk to see if we could be moved to a clean room and talk to the manager. The manager, Mike, was very rude. He told me that "this was as good as it gets" and they were "privately owned", so I "can make a bad review" if I wanted because it wouldn't change anything. I went down a few minutes later with some of my family who was traveling with me. The lady at the desk, Linda, told me they couldn't move me to another room because they had people coming in later. I told her I was checking out. My family also checked out (they lost out on 5 rooms). I called my credit card company to dispute the charges and found out that they were charging me over $700 for one night. My sisters credit card was put on hold and she couldn't use it the rest of the trip because of how much she was charged. My parents don't think their bathroom was cleaned, the toilet seat was up and there were half used bottles of shampoo in the shower. If the front desk would have offered to move me to a new room and reduced the rate of my first night I would have been a little more satisfied, but they didn't. I didn't complain about the daycare in the lobby or the small children that was helping the housekeeper, but I will not stand for someone treating me rudely. So if you want to sleep in someone's blood and body fluids, this is your place! If I were Comfort Inn I would take my branding off this building and let them be "privately owned!"

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want a clean room!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa S
mike g, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Rock Springs, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
First of all, I want to thank you for choosing Comfort Inn and Suites, 2nd, I am very sorry that there was discrepency with your stay. We value all of our guest and certainly do not want for them to experience anything but excellence. I would like to give you enough points on our Choice Privelege program for a free nights stay at any Choice Hotel. mike guinn GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

An extremely nice and new looking Comfort Inn, one of the nicest in which we have stayed. Staff was very nice and, as is usual for a Comfort Inn, the breakfast was very good. The beds had Temperpedic mattresses, which my husband liked but I did not. I move a lot when I sleep and it was like rolling over a foam "hill" every time I turned. However, it is certainly an upgrade for a moderately priced hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
thank you for your stay with us looking forward to your next mike guinn GM
West Jordan, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Rock Springs is an expensive town, and this hotel had some of the better prices. We arrived late and needed an extra bed, which wasn't ready when we arrived although I had specified it on my reservation. It was brought up to the room after check in, but then I was told that I needed to go down to the front desk to get the bedding. Okay, whatever. The furniture was a little stained in our king room with bunk beds, and the bunk beds were fine for our kids, but I wouldn't want to be a kid sleeping on them. Insufficient parking. Everything else was fine.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
mike g, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Rock Springs, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
first off mam thank you for staying with us i am so sorry about your children not feeling well we do strive to be the cleanest and profishent hotel that we can be i wish you would have spoke with me while you where here looking forward to your next stay mike guinn GM
Tustin, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

After checking online this appeared to be the place that we would be stopping for the evening. It appeared to have decent reviews and showed plenty of rooms available, so although the online price was listed at $89, I knew that I could normally get a cheaper rate by calling the hotel directly. This was not the case here, the person on the phone said that she would not be able to discount my room but I would have to pay full internet price. I explained that I knew how the "price game" worked and that the internet price was inflated to pay the site fees, but she would not budge. I also know they had many empty rooms for the night since the next morning they sent room cleaners home because they were so empty. Oh, well - I booked online and put the $10 extra in the pocket of the internet.

The hotel itself is a bit off the main highway, but easy to find if your have a GPS. It is tucked back in between other hotels and professional buildings but gives a nice clean appearance from the outside. The biggest complaint I have regarding the property is the vast lack of parking. There are only about a dozen spots to park in the front of the hotel and another 20 or so in the back (which is difficult to find or get to since the signage is lacking). The spaces in huge front fill up fast.

Check-in was efficient and hospitable however when I asked about recommendations for dinner, I was told either Pizza Hut or Dominoes...not my idea of great pizza places. We were also told about breakfast, the pool, the fitness room and the possibility of late check out.

The room was easy to get through - yes we were on the 3rd floor but the elevator is great! The room was spacious with a tall mini fridge, a microwave, a huge king bed with lots of pillows, and a great flat screen TV. The bed memory foam mattress was hard at first, but conforms to your body and gives you a great rest. Very little noise came through the walls and the space we had in the room was impressive!

The bathroom was also large and very clean. The shower was great with decent water pressure...again, my biggest pet peeve is that the shower is not labeled in any way so it takes you at least 5 minutes to figure outs which side is hot and which is cold! I also wish the management in this hotel would spend a few bucks and repaint the area around the tub. Paint is peeling on all of the walls around the tub and even on the ceiling, which is why this place didn't get my 5 star rating.

The pool was spacious and clean and they even have a nice hot tub! The fitness room was full of my favorite machines and they are maintained with excellence (thanks for the focus on this a Mike!) It was a real joy to be able to work out without having broken, squeaky or unfamiliar machines. They do provide extra towels for your workout but would really improve the room by adding a place to get cold water. We also had a nice ice machine right on our floor which was very convenient.

Breakfast was also very wonderful! A variety of food like eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit, pastries, cereal, etc....

Overall a few tweaks are needed to get to a coveted 5-star, but this was a great choice for a good price!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
mike g, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Rock Springs, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
thank you for staying with us and the wonderful reveiw would love to see you folks come back our way sometime again thank you mike guinn GM
Idaho Falls, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

we always try to find comfort inns,because the beds are so comfortable,this one had just put new memory foam mattresses in and they were the most uncomfortable mattress ! tried to get a room without one ,but they said all the rooms had them now and all the comfort inns were getting them.
I guess I won't be staying at these hotels any more ! couldn't sleep at all,a horrible night and sore back in the morning ! could have saved some money and gone across the street ,spent $50 and probably had a better nights sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
mike g, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Rock Springs, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
thank you for your stay with us mike guinn GM
West Bend, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were greeted by the very friendly staff at the hotel. The quickly got us checked in and gave us some suggestions on where to eat. The rooms were good size and very comfortable. In the morning there was a very good standard breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room to avoid the stairs
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
thank you for your stay with us looking forward to your next stay mike guinn GM
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had reservations and arrived after midnight - when we got to our room, our air conditioner unit was not working. The night manager tried to help us reset the unit but it didn't work. Exhaustion and a hot room are not a good combination. Breakfast was okay. The manager did knock 50% off of our bill and they couldn't have been nicer - but the room wasn't the best. We wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple