“A shining jewel in the middle of a desert.”

Comfort Inn & Suites Rock Springs
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Rock Springs
New York City, New York
“A shining jewel in the middle of a desert.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

I travel a LOT of places, and see a lot of things. City to city, state to state, country to country, I usually never have time to notice or care about where I'm staying. But then my travels brought me to Wyoming, a dry, desolate place with dust, dirt, grouchy people, and bland views everywhere you looked. I was ready to write the place off until I got to Rock Springs, and stayed at the Comfort Inn. The place was beautiful and clean, with a very friendly, capable staff, and all of my needs were seen to. It made my day during a very disappointing trip, and I can't thank them enough for that. Come stay here, you won't regret it!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Chris C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Kenya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

The rooms are a really good price for the quality -- all the amenities that you'd expect from a Comfort Inn; clean; nice staff. The hotel is close to a lot of shopping and restaurants... it's a nice place to stay for being in the middle of Wyoming!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Fruita, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

Nice clean rooms, temper pedic mattresses are comfy, nice deep tubs, tall shower heads, good value

• Stayed December 2011
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

It could have been the fact that we still had a bad taste in our mouth from Rawlings. I don't know but this hotel made up for it. As we were driving on the interstate from Rawlings, I jumped on and made the reservatons. Some of the reviews mentioned it was a newer hotel. They are correct, a few couple of years old I believe. And it looks it. The hotel staff, and in particular Susan, were awesome.

The lobby was warm and inviting, which is now an important critera that I look for after Rawlings. Our room was great. We had one king, a fridge, microwave and a bar sink. This room had a Tempur-Pedic bed. You know, from the commercials? As soon as I laid down on it I was sold. These beds are expensive. I don't know if all the rooms have them. Very nice and very comfortable. Last thing on the bed...hubby got up and went to the restroom in the middle of the night, and I didn't even notice.

Susan, what I doll. We went down to the computer to print something, then we realized that we needed to fax it. Susan faxed our pages to Kansas City and didn't even charge us! We couldn't believe it. Other hotels charge.

Not sure if we'll ever be near Rock Springs again, but I can at least pass the word along to everyone else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
NV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was our first experience with the Tempur-Pedic beds. We are not fans. . .5 inches of memory foam on a wood board, which does not let you turn over without lots of effort. The shower head was great as it was placed for someone over 6 foot tall, it's way up there. The hotel is the NEW design for Comfort, very nice as every thing is like new. Breakfast was a nice surprise as it was more than the normal carb-feast. Beside rolls, waffles, and cereal, hot eggs, sausage, bacon, cheese omelets, yogurt, and fresh fruit. Ask for the triple A or AARP rate and you can stay for under 100.00. We would stay here again! Very safe feeling.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Upland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

Nice clean room, bed has a temperpedic mattress - easy on the back. Very quiet room. The gym was well stocked with a cardio machine, weights (above average fro a samll hotel). Friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Idaho Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

Overall an excellent motel - we will stay there again - very clean - comfortable memory foam mattresses - nice, well-maintained pool and hot tub - many exercise machines - friendly, helpful staff - tasty continental breakfast - quiet room - easy access wi-fi - large, flat screen TV - iron, coffee pot, refrigerator and microwave in room.

Room Tip: Use the AARP or senior discount if you can.