“HAPPINESS AGAIN AT ROCK SPRINGS!!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Rock Springs
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Rock Springs
Sheridan
“HAPPINESS AGAIN AT ROCK SPRINGS!!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our stay at the hotel was absolutely flawless again this year...the staff was always friendly, the room was quiet and clean all 10 days we stayed...Ginny, the general manager goes out of her way to make everyone feel welcome at all times...Stay at this property for wonderful service, clean rooms and quiet nights....no better place to stay in Rock Springs!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I'm sure like most people we were in Rock Springs as a stop over on our way to Yellowstone. There is not much option on where to stay in this area, but the Homewood Suites is the same format where ever you are in the world. The hotel & room are very clean. The set up is very family friendly with a sofa bed in the suite. Can not fault this hotel as a one night stop over. The whole Homewood Suites by Hilton is really rather better than you think it is going to be. Well done Hilton for this chain.

Room Tip: Don't worry it's only 1 night & you are nearly at Yellowstone. If not why are you here?
maryland
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We reserved one room ahead and got another on arrival. Won't honor military rates that are online. STRIKE ONE. Did not honor standing request for HHonors for room away from elevator, and instead gave me one immediately across...did switch it...after going back down. Managers receptions at EVERY OTHER Homewood Suites has beer and wine...this one...nope...they never heard of it. STRIKE TWO. Also...if you're going to serve tacos, do more than serve packets of taco sauce. You have it...since I saw you give it to a couple who asked for salsa and jalapenos....PUT IT OUT...and stop being cheap.

Attitude of the front desk is stuffy and stodgy and made it seem like I was a pest for checking in and asking for a military rate and then asking to switch since they gave me a room next to the elevator. Rooms themselves were okay...bed was average. Toilet seat was not tight and actually came disconnected on one side. Do maids even check things like this? Breakfast was below average for Homewoods out of the many I've been at. The coffee was TERRIBLE and was not much more than water with a brown crayon dipped in it. Maybe it's the west and their taste for coffee in general since I've run into this at crappy gas stations, but for a Homewood Suites, their coffee was worse than the two Super 8 hotels I stayed at in Wyoming within the past few days...and worse than instant. STRIKE THREE. I'm not making it up about the coffee...I ran a coffee shop and lived in Seattle and know good from bad coffee...and seemingly every time I pass through Wyoming, the coffee is so week it is like they are re-using grounds to brew it. This may be a pretty new hotel, but it needs a major amount of work from someone who knows how to run a hotel (I also have years of hotel and hospitality experience, including a degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management from UW-Stout...so I know what I am talking about). The overall impression I got from this place is that the management is screaming CHEAPSKATES when you go from booking to staying. Never again....not this place. If you read my other review on a Homewood I've stayed at within the past two weeks, I am wondering what is happening to this brand.

Room Tip: Lower number rooms are closer to the pool and fitness room.
2 Thank jfwilder
fabricforme, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rock Springs, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry you feel that you received a poor level of service. I have visited with our staff on how we may next better meet your expectations. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience the level of customer service we have become known for.
Thank you once agin for your comments
Allen, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel appears to be brand new. We stayed one night as a halfway stop between Yellowstone and Denver. Arrived at midnight and the room was ready, clean and a welcomed stop. We stayed the next morning and enjoyed breakfast, a workout, a swim, and printing boarding passes in the business center. Would absolutely recommend.

Minot, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel staff was excellent to work with and did whatever they could to serve me and provide anything that was needed. The place felt like home! Will stay no where else next time I come to Rock Springs, WY.

Wyo
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. This hotel only has pros as far as I could tell in the short stay. Great for business or family. The only thing for family to consider is that my room did not have a bathtub, it has a nice walk in shower. They may have rooms with bathtubs, I am not sure.

Pros:

Very comfortable bed
Newer property
Great customer service
Clean

Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We recently wrapped a family trek across the country and stayed at a number of Homewood Suites properties. This one is newer than some, but not as nice. The rooms were about 20% smaller. We paid the most for this property and it was in Wyoming - which I attribute to the fact that there are very few similar properties in the area. The bed was comfortable, breakfast was the usual, but the big downside was I could hear every noise above, below and next door.

Not hearing my neighbors is criteria #2 after having a place to lay my head when I stay in hotels, otherwise I would be giving it a 3 our of 5. For what its worth the staff was great - gave us another blanket without a problem, but don't ask for extra pillows. They don't have any - apparently they are constantly being stolen.

1 Thank mwlest
fabricforme, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rock Springs, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests' comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our hotel. Please contact me personally so I may assign an area that may be a little more quieter.