“A Gem in the Middle of Nowhere”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Rock Springs
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Rock Springs
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Had a King Studio Suite which had everything you could want, full kitchen, living room, office sized desk with wifi and internet connections. Staff very friendly upon check in and during stay. Breakfast offered in the morning started at 6 AM, was fresh and had a good variety. My only complaint is with the manager, Trila Wood. I had phoned the hotel a few days after my stay with a question re: charges that were appearing on my bank account from the hotel. The young lady at the front desk that I had spoken with was very friendly and assisted me as much as she could. Unable to figure out the question she transfered me to Trila's voice mail. I stated my question, left my number and never had a return call. I was on the road, on vacation and had to make phone calls to the bank to try to figure this out. I am still giving this hotel a "5" based on my experience during my stay and the managers lack of response should not be taken away from the hard work the staff puts forth.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OnTheGoex2
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Rock Springs

Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is a extremely wonderful place to stay.. I was there for business and could not have been more pleased...the hotel is spotless,...the staff always has a smile on their faces..our suite was beautiful...in the evenings the hotel serves dinner instead of a cocktail hour and the meals are very good...The breakfasts are fabulous...truly real breakfasts...anything from fresh fruit bowl, any kind of cereal, pastries, waffles, omelets or quiches and some kind of meat (bacon, sausage, etc) every day...can't say enough good about this hotel,.A very quiet hotel to stay in for a good rest with comfy beds & pillows.....A wonderful place to stay anytime.,.I will return here on my next trip to Rock Springs..

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SheridanGreymare
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel has newer construction and is conveniently located. Excellent, friendly staff throughout. The breakfast is very extensive and changes menus daily. Evening meal is also included Monday-Thursday. Nice spa, indoor pool, businesss center. Room layout great for light sleepers, with kitchen/living area next to hallway, and bedroom well-insulated from hall noise.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed for two nights and didn't want to leave. This hotel has everything you could want for an extended stay. The rooms have a very appealing decor, comfortable beds, good pillows, nice linens, relaxing seating to watch TV, every pan and utensil you need to cook a meal and great WiFI. In addition the complimentary breakfast is beyond any we have experienced. There is actually someone cooking food. The choices for the days we were there were breakfast buritto's, breakfast tacos, individual fritatta's, cherry casserole, assorted sauages, bacon, sausage gravy and biscuits and the usual eggs, pancakes, waffels, fruit and cereal etc you would expect. This is a very well run hotel and the Manager, a Mrs Wagner, obviously enjoys talking with guests and making sure that they are enjoying a comfortable stay. All of the staff at this hotel go out of their way to make you feel welcome. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Travel34110
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We had never stayed at a Homewood Suites before and were really excited to stay here. We have to avoid most all Suites hotels because they generally are for extended stay guests and allow pets. This hotel was no pets & no smoking - which we needed & appreciated!

When we got to our room, we were so impressed! WOW! Huge & luxurious!!!! And only $99! It was larger than some 2 bedroom apartments I have seen! We were very impressed!!! There was a spacious living room as soon as you walk in (see photo) then to the left was a small dining room table with only 2 chairs for 4 people, plus a full size frig, 2 burner stove, microwave, and a dishwasher (see photo)! Plus cupboards full of dishes to use (see photo). There was even a bag of microwave popcorn for us to enjoy!

There were 2 bedrooms with their own door and full bathrooms! One had a king bed and the other had 2 queens (see 4 photos). The bathrooms even had neutrogena products (see photo)!

We loved it here so much we considered staying a 2nd night just for some more rest & relaxation or at least staying until the 12noon checkout time.

However, the thermostat is the king bedroom did not work. The highest it could be set on was 75 (see photo) but this did not matter as it was broken and stuck on 68 and was freezing cold all night. The thermostats in the living room and other bedroom worked just fine.

However, why this hotel gets a poor rating is due to how LOUD it was. You could clearly hear the people above us moving around, opening and closing the sliding closet doors, dropping things on the floor, and moving the dining room chairs. When we moved our dinging room chairs, it was loud due to being on the tile floor but I should not expect to hear the movements of those above me - no soundproofing at all! This made for a poor night sleep.

When we checked in, we asked for a top floor room or a quiet room, she said the only large suite she had was on the 2nd floor and it would be quiet, so we took it - but it was not quiet at all.

To make it worse, housekeeping pounded on our door at 8am and shouted "housekeeping" - I had to run to the door in my pj's and whisper through the crack that we were still sleeping; hoping that she had not woke up the other members of my family. Then she proceeded down the hall to vacuum - which we could hear. At 9am, housekeeping began vacuuming the room above up & with poor soundproofing - this made quite the racket. We gave up and just got up for the day, poor sleep made for a very long driving day.

Why would housekeeping pound on the door of a guest staying only 1 night, even if we let her in at 8am - she could not clean the room for the next guest as we were still using it. I can understand routine cleaning for extended stay guests that early but not guests who can only stay until noon. Attempting to clean the rooms of a single night guest and running the vacuum should wait until at least when breakfast hours are over at 10am as most guest are up by then....not at 8am!!!!

Breakfast was very fancy....on real ceramic plates with real silverware and real coffee mugs! The area to get food was very small and people were constantly in other's way. The only had 1 waffle maker with a long line - this greatly added to the congestion in the area. Several other guests complained to the staff about them needing a 2nd waffle maker.

The food was good - they had several cereal choices plus hot entrees too! Along with the usual yogurt, breads, etc.

If you want quiet sleep - don't stay here. If you need a spacious place to stay for a week or more, then this does provide luxury.

There is a Golden Corral restaurant right out front of the hotel. We walked there for dinner. It was hot inside but a good choice of adequate food. Not the cleanest restaurant but they did have huge antibacterial hand gel pumps right near the plates and silverware. It was adequate food.

Room Tip: Hang your "do not disturb" sign on your door before going to bed, housekeeping pounds on t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank nowincolorado
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This is simply another great Hotel my Hilton. Extremely clean, well maintained and a full breakfast as well. We will stay again and again.

Room Tip: Pool is clean, laundry facilities as well. This is an overall great hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. What a GEM! It has everything going for it - beautiful accommodations (they gave us a free upgrade), excellent staff, great price, fabulous complementary breakfast and evening meal. My husband and I wished we could have stayed longer. In our future travels, we will certainly be on the lookout for other Homewood Suites by Hilton. They have reinvented the motel/hotel service to a higher standard. Bravo!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple