“Good food, nice people”

The Trailhead
Ranked #4 of 56 Restaurants in Riverton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 24, 2018

We had stopped in RIverton on our way back to Nebraska after being in the Yellowstone area & drove around a little to find a place to eat since we had never been there before. Stopped at the Trailhead since there were quite a few cars there & it was a good decision. They had a great menu with lots of choices, home cooked type meals, a nice salad bar & prices were reasonable. We had a very good waitress & nice friendly lady at the check out register who told us we would receive an additional discount since we were staying at a local motel. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 27, 2018

They have a great menu for a good value. Their breakfast has been great! I haven't had anything other then their breakfast but it all looks good.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

Well stocked salad bar and a good variety on the menu. There is plenty of room for large parties, and the service was great. The place has a lot of character.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

My husband I made our first visit to The Trailhead for breakfast and lunch. The place has a very old and local feel - most everyone we saw there appeared to be local folk. Very casual. I don’t know how it compares to any other place but do like a local go-to, which this apparently is. Um, lots of older folks, too. : ) I had the salad bar - fresh and with a good variety of selections. I would suggest that they could add leaf spinach. The soup wasn’t very good; bland. My husband had a very large burrito which he said was great. Overall, the food is your typical family style lunch and supper diner fare and tasted good with good sized portions and fair prices. It’s a place we would frequent if we lived in Riverton!

Reviewed September 14, 2018

And I don't eat soup. This was arranged by our tour group, so not entirely the restaurant's fault, but it was the most mediocre meal of our trip. The decor is not especially attractive. It was a buffet, so no service at all. I would go elsewhere.

1  Thank Michael S