“Nice place”

Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Riverton
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My experience is that most hotels in the Holiday Inn chain are generally pretty nice. This hotel is nice but lacks in a couple areas. First, the hotel does not offer a complimentary breakfast. That is usually a deal breaker for me but in this case I was traveling for business so I can expense my meals. My only other complaint was that the pool is in a very odd place (right in the middle of the main lobby area) and was only 3 1/2 feet deep. (??) If you have kids traveling with you they would probably enjoy the pool but I felt a little too "on display" personally (it is completely visible from the front desk). If you are just looking for a place a good nights sleep without a lot of amenities then this is a good choice. The beds are very comfortable and the staff is very helpful and nice.

Room Tip: All rooms are street level so any of them are good.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Jessica R, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Tacoboy4000,

Thank you very much for your recent review of our property. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and we strive to provide competitive rates within the area. I'm deeply sorry that we fell below your expectations regarding the breakfast and the pool. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Riverton.

Jessica Rick on behalf of Tim Archer - General Manager

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable beds, plenty of room. Flat screen tv, with extended basic cable. Free WiFi. What gets me though? Why do they charge for breakfast? They do have Sunday brunch, but that's even a bit spendy..it seems a bit spendy for the room to not include breakfast. But! There are lots of opportunities for a more reasonable meal. All with in a 2 min drive or a 10 min walk. Great location, good customer service and a lot better than days inn!

• Stayed: January 2013

Good Afternoon tickerlock,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Sadly only the Holiday Inn Express's are allowed to serve a complimentary breakfast in our chain, but we are glad you enjoyed our proximity to downtown. We hope to be able to serve you again on your next trip to Riverton.

Jessica Rick on behalf of Tim Archer

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Just loved it, close to everything the feeling was that of the Ritz. staff was very attentive, the food from the restaurant was great, the internet worked flawless (multiple networks ) oh and the BEST part for me was the bed and pillows!! Fantastic stay Thank You again!
Brian Venne

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank BrianVenne
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was a little worried by the outside appearance of the hotel and the fact that I knew it had been there for a long time. I was pleasantly surprised once I went inside. From the moment the front desk staff greeted us we were very comfortable and the lobby area is beautiful. The room had been recently renovated and was welcoming and soothing. The bed comfortable, the bath nice and large. Even if I had to find a complaint about the room the only one I could come up with was that during the night the refrigerator was noisy. We still slept very well.

I cannot say the same for the restaurant. We were the only people seated on our side and our waitress initially had just our table. It still took half an hour for her to take our order. We were not particularly impressed with dinner and certainly frustrated by the terrible wait staff. I did not return for breakfast but many others staying there with our party said they waited over 45 minutes for their food. This hotel does not offer any continental breakfast.

The hotel was so comfortable to stay in, the facilities also very nice. The front desk staff and every other staff member we had contact with were courteous and went out of their way to be of help. We did stop in the lounge and the bartender there was incredibly friendly and fun. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for a stay. I'd also recommend you visit the lounge. You can even order food in there and we wish we had. But, I would avoid the restaurant. You can find other places within walking distance that will work much better.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Wyoming_traveler_2
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have stayed here a few times and everytime has been very nice. The rooms are always clean and ready when i arrive.Also the resturaunt food is great! There was one time i went to the bar and a lady bartender was a little rude, i think she was having an overwhelming day, so hope the next time she's working her tude is different :)

Room Tip: lol drier in the laundry room takes to cycles to dry a full load
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank von R
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel was a nice place to stay. Clean rooms and nice staff. We would recommend to friends and family; just wish it wasn't so expensive. Nice room, good staff, well maintained, It is in good shape and on the main road

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Gwen H
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Older hotel but in good shape. On the main road. Full service hotel so no continental breakfast. Did have available morning coffee. Main carpet was trendy, clean and in good shape. Front desk staff pleasant upon arrival. Rooms have had some renovation; just the bathrooms showing their age. Air conditioner worked fine, lighting was good, flat screen TV, microwave and frig. Had electrical outlets on lamps for all today’s electronics. Few smudges on walls. Carpet was clean. Furniture was nice and modern. Bedding good quality, comfortable mattress and pillows with option for hard or soft. Towels were substantial, nice shower curtain, vanity mirror, long granite countertop and good array of toiletries. Bathroom floors were not as clean as they could have been, older shower/tub enclosure with invigorating shower head. Noticed that there was just a hole in the tile where the shower head had been installed; no casing around it which made it look cheap. Pool was being re-tiled I think so it was not open. Back entryway/stairs clean. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paulloras
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverton
Hampton Inn and Suites Riverton
Holiday Inn Express Suites Lander
Paintbrush Motel
Paintbrush Motel
#2 of 12 in Riverton

Been to Holiday Inn Riverton - Convention Center? Share your experiences!