“Nice room after a long drive” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Rawlins

Holiday Inn Express Rawlins
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Rawlins
Rescue, California
“Nice room after a long drive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Not sure if the weather would get worse, we stopped here for the evening after a long drive from Nebraska. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool. The beds were comfortable or our weary heads, rooms were clean. And we were very excited to know breakfast would still be available at 6am even on a Sunday morning as we planned to leave early for our trek back to CA that day! Will stay here again when passing through Rawlins, WY. Also-as far as rates-We took a trip from CA to MD & MD back to CA the first 2 weeks of March 2014...by far the best rates were booking with the hotels directly and not going through Expedia or hotels.com etc. Just FYI. We are AAA members though. So perhaps the rates on those other sites would be better if you don't belong to AAA.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Doreen C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rawlins, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you for leaving us a review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us. I am so glad that your family enjoyed our hotel! We do hope your travels bring you and your family back to us again. We believe in Making Friends One Guest At A Time.
Doreen M. Cruz, Gerneral Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Thornton, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I and my wife travel a lot. One of our goals is visit every state. So on our way to Idaho, we were going to stay here at the Holiday inn, on our way there and again on the way back. What I found out about the pricing, make me look elsewhere. Let me explain. Our room was going to cost 112.00 a night so for two night, it would come to 224.00 plus tax. Booking the room, the agent at hotel.com read back all my info then gave me the final price of 267.00 as the total. That right 43.00 in tax, which translates to tax rate of almost 20%. That was high, so I look for another hotel (which was right next store). There the room rate was 119.00 per night so 238.00 total price including tax came to 257.00. So tax was only 19.00, which means a tax rate of about 8%. Conclusion, holiday inn must be in a special part of town or they was luring, people in with low rate them bumping the rate back up with a “special tax or fee. So look before you book.

Room Tip: look at the bottom line
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Doreen C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rawlins, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for your concern with our tax rate at our Holiday Inn Express in Rawlins, WY. I am very sorry about the confusion about the tax rate. The tax rate for our hotel is 8%. You mentioned in your Tripadvisor review that you were booking through booking.com. I can assure you that we don't have any higher tax rate compared to other hotels in Rawlins. Please call me direct and I would be more that happy to discuss with you anuy further questions or concerns you might have about our tax rate. Please call us directly here at our hotel property and we would love nothing more than to book your stay with you directly. Making Friends One At A Time.
Wheaton, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

What more can one ask for Great Staff, Excellent Room, Customer service outstanding, so clean and nice and comfortable bed and great coffee!!! They went out of there way to make us comfortable, Breakfast was great!!

Room Tip: Quiet and comfortable!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Doreen C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rawlins, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor! I am delighted to hear that this was the best stop ever!! We belive in "Making Friends One Guest At A Time! We hope to see you again in the future!
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Bad roads on Christmas eve forced us to stay over in Rawlins, WY. They offered us a great rate in a pet friendly room (we were traveling with two dogs). The lobby was very welcoming, particularly after 12 hours in a car. They had cookies, coffee and hot tea available that evening at no charge. Room was spacious and beds were very comfortable. The staff was wonderful, very friendly. Breakfast in the morning was great, lots of options: eggs, bacon, biscuits & gravy, pancakes, fruit, pastries, yogurt, etc. The coffee was very good. The Burger King drive thru next door was open on Christmas Eve, so we ended up picking up some dinner there. We will remember this place next time we need to stay in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Doreen C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rawlins, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for leaving us a review on Tripadvisor! I am so happy to hear that you experienced an excellent stay at The Holiday Inn Express in Rawlins, WY! We look forward to you staying with us again in 2014. Making Friends One Guest At A Time!
Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

This hotel, in my opinion, has the best employees. They are definitely customer service oriented. They go out of their way to make your stay a memorable experience. The rooms are clean and warm. The breakfast bar is always well stocked and excellent food. A++++++++++

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Doreen C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rawlins, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you Doug for leaving us a review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and for being such a great friend to all us. We consider you part of our "Family"! Providing a home away from home hotel for you along with great customer service and experience is what we strive for. Making Friend One Guest At A Time!
Hazlewood, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the holiday inn of rawlins while traveling for business. I found the rooms to be over priced but you have that. However my problem occurred when I went to check out the next morning. I stood at the front counter and waited to speak with someone. I could hear someone talking. I decided to grab a cup of coffee. When I returned to the desk I saw the desk attendant on her personal cell phone!!! I was a little it angry to say the least! I thought about speaking with a manager about this issue. But I figured any manager that would allow this to happen isn't worth speaking with! I stay at IHG hotels all the time and am a rewards member. This is the worst customer service experience I've had at a IHG property! I will never stay at this location again. Not will I refer people to it.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Doreen C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rawlins, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your recent visit. I am very sorry about our lack of service you experienced at check out. We strive for excellence in service and we will definately make sure this doesn't happen again. I would like to personally discuss your stay with you and make this right. We hope that you choose to stay with us in the future. Please contact me directly at 307-324-3760 so that I can make this right for you. Making Friends One Guest At A Time.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stopped here on the way back home from New Jersey- a long drive, indeed! The staff was very welcoming, and even gave us a decent rate. My children were restless, so I was happy to know that they had an indoor heated pool - that helped make their night! One staff member even gave my children a little goody box with little toys. The breakfast attendant was very nice and kept up with the supply of breakfast. Our room was very clean and rather large - enough space for my family. If I travel through the area again, I'll be sure to stay here.

PS. If you're looking for a good place to eat, the desk staff referred us to the Aspen House. Although not exactly kid-friendly, the food was amazing!

Room Tip: Hotel is near railroad, so maybe request rooms on north side, away from the tracks.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Doreen C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rawlins, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a positive review on Tripadvisor! When I read your review not only was I happy that you enjoyed staying with us, but that your children even had some fun with our pool and goodie boxes! We love making Families happy and we look forward to you staying with us again! Making Friends One Guest At A Time!