“NICE BREAKFAST. FREE COOKIES! FINE FOR A NIGHT IN TRANSIT.”

Holiday Inn Express Rawlins
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Rawlins
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I spent one night here whilst travelling between Jackson and Denver.

The room was very clean, breakfast ample and there were free cookies in the Foyer. The nearby goods trains are on the go most of the time, so wear earplugs. The recycling of breakfast crockery and cutlery was non-existent. Everything is sent to Casper landfill site 75 miles away. Appalling! The hotels need to get together on this and do something about it - why not use proper items and wash them, like we do in UK?

Don't even think of eating at Burger King opposite! (which we did as we'd had a long drive and it was convenient. The food was awful, the staff indifferent and the place dirty.)

Room Tip: Top floor away from train tracks.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Doreen C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rawlins, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and making us part of your journey! Come stay with us again....Making Friends One Guest At A Time.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We spent a night here in August on our way home to Denver from Portland. It was a Holiday Inn Certificate free stay. We also got the room above the lobby that a previous reviewer complained about. It was big, but very dark.

Upon arrival, we were checked in by Vanessa who did not impress me as being at all welcoming. Hello, this is the hospitality industry. And, it's Wyoming. People are supposed to be friendly. Otherwise, the rest of the staff were very pleasant and made me feel at home. But the check-in person is the one who sets the tone for a stay.

The other problem is as soon as we got off the elevator on the second floor to walk the very short distance to our room, I was hit by the smell of cigarette smoke. The room was fine, but I could have done without the ashtray feel on the way in and out of it.

Because it is in Wyoming, I gave it a very good. Otherwise, compared to other Holiday Inn Expresses, it would have ranked lower.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor. I have noted your comments about your checkin experience. I am very sorry that you didn't feel welcomed. We appreciate any comments and use them in our trainning. We do hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future. Making Friends One Guest At A Time.
Doreen M Cruz, General Manager

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was an overnight stop between Denver and Grand Teton NP. We had a very nice room with a whirlpool bath in an adjacent room where there was a second TV. Very clean and modern. Microwave and fridge in the room as well so we fixed our own food as there did not appear to be anywhere good to eat within walking distance. My husband was pleased to find a good sized pool where he could swim lengths ok, also a hot tub. Beds were very comfortable and we did not hear any noise in the night either from the railway or the trucks. Not too keen on breakfast : I increasingly dislike the disposable plates and cutlery, and there was not much in terms of fruit(other than apples and bananas) which I like for breakfast. Otherwise very pleasant stay here.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your quiet room and that your husband also enjoyed our pool. We hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future. Making Friends One Guest At A Time.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

To keep our sanity, with all the grandkids coming along we decided to break up the drive from Salt Lake to Estes Park into two short days and stay in Rawlins. I had been in Rawlins in my younger days and knew that there is not much there so I was a bit concerned about what the hotel would be like. When we arrived we found a new hotel, which was very clean, the staff very helpful and courteous. The rooms were good size and beds comfortable. The grandkids loved the indoor pool which was also very well kept. The hotel is located very closed to the train tracks and main I-80 off ramp. I thought that it may be a bit noisy but it was fine and actually made it a bit convenient . If for some obscure reason you should find yourself needing overnight accommodations in Rawlins Wyoming this is the place. This is actually one of the best Holiday Inns Express that I have stayed at; who would have thought it would be in Rawlins. The only downside to the place is that I thought it was a bit expensive but that was due to all of the railroad workers staying there during the week.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Doreen C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rawlins, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor. I am happy that our hotel was such a nice surprise for you. It sounds like you and your grandchildren had a wonderful stay with us. I smiled while I was reading your review and I can't wait to share all the nice things you had to say about our staff and hotel. We believe in Making Friends One Guest At A Time! Come stay with us again!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stopped here for an overnite while driving across Wyoming. We were driving from Mt. Rushmore to Salt Lake City. Rawlins looked about half way. We had a king room. The room was a nice size and was clean. The A/C worked great and they had a nice breakfast in the morning. Easy access to I-80. Would definitely recommend stopping here if you find your way crossing Wyoming on I-80.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully your future travel plans lead you to our hotel again as we would love for you to stay with us. Making Friends One Guest At A Time.
Doreen M. Cruz, Genral Manager

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed here for one night passing through from Jackson to Denver. We could not fault the hotel facilities. Our only complaint was its location. Having driven for most of the day, we did not really wish to drive to a restaurant. However, the only eatery within walking distance was a Burger King. I would recommend staying here but if you do so, be prepared to drive to eat!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is very important to us. We hope you choose to stay with us again should your travel plans bring you through Rawlins! Making Friends One Guest At A Time.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I recently stayed on my way back home from business in Rawlins. My stay was great, room was clean and everyone was friendly. Checking in was a breeze. After a long day of meetings I appreciated the fitness room. Thanks for the bottled water which was a nice touch.

• Stayed: September 2013
Doreen C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rawlins, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor. Exceeding guest expectations is one of the things we strive for with every guest. I am very happy to hear that your checkin experience was a "Breeze". We hope you stay with us again on your way home from business or leisure! Making Friends One Guest At A Time.

Doreen M Cruz, General Manager