“Good stop en route to the next stop.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oak Tree Inn Rawlins

Oak Tree Inn Rawlins
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Rawlins
Dallas
“Good stop en route to the next stop.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2009

Our room was large, clean and quiet. Everything in the room was functional. We had a coupon for the attached diner, and since we do not eat meat for breakfast, the coupon covered an ample hot breakfast. We enjoyed the show at the diner as they handled the orders very efficiently.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roadrunner5527

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fort Collins
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

We stayed here while moving for the summer. I was pleasantly surprised to find that each room comes with a plunger. I called the 'desk' (actually a person in the dirty diner) to tell them our toilet was overflowing.

Me: "Our toilet is overflowing. I flushed it when we came in as an experiment."
Them: "Oh, does maintenance need to bring down a plunger?"
Me: *after an incredulous pause* "No. There is one here already. . ."
Them: "Well just stick it a few times and it should go down." *click*

The beds were rock hard, the carpet was torn and ragged, the hotel diner was a greasy, overpriced, 50s style diner. On our way out in the morning I spotted some sticky mouse traps in the hallway hidden under an overhanging heater. One of them was covered in mouse hair from one that "just got away".

I have no idea how this place has gotten good reviews from people. Ignore what you may see. This is not a good place to stay. You may think this is an exaggerated account, but I swear on everything good and holy it is 100% true.

In fact, I wouldn't even consider staying in Rawlins again. They know that the only people staying there are on long drives. The lack of care and competition is evident throughout the town. If possible, make it to either Rock Springs or Laramie. You will be glad you did.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Katie W

Travelers are raving about these Rawlins hotels

portland, or
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2009

You check in at the attached diner next to the hotel, the free breakfast is a $7.75 coupon per person for the diner which is enough to cover some of the breakfasts but not tip, etc. The room was dirty..garbage left under the bed, no water cups, no coffee cups, no coffee for the coffee maker, etc. I called the manager and he delivered some coffee but he said they only have DECAF left!!!! Needless to say I wasn't happy. In the morning the maid opened our door at 8am and started walking in the room and I had to explain to her that we had not checked out yet! She said the front desk told her we where gone. The only good thing I can say about the hotel is that they have a nice fitness room and the decor is at least up to date and nice. Overall the experience was poor and I would not go back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Orem, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2009

We stayed with our boys (10,16) in a double room at this hotel this April. The check in is a little weird. You check in at the diner outside. The room was typical, but the very clean and the beds very nice, but maybe a bit firm. There was a fridge and a microwave in the room as well. We paid $90 which I thought was a lot until I priced the other motels in the town! It was in the middle and looking at the other reviews of the area motels, I thought a good deal.
Breakfast is at the diner next to the hotel. They give you a voucher for $7.50 so you can get what you want. I thought that was interesting. The diner was OK. Nothing to squeal about.
If I had to stay in Rawlins again, I would stay here.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2009

I was traveling with my dog and found a welcome respite from I-80. The place was easy to find, clean, and the staff members polite and friendly. The spacious and spotless room was nearly soundproof, and came with a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. There was a workout room and a diner on the property that provided a free hot breakfast. Free and fast WFi as well. What more could any tired traveler need?

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank xmascolors
Sterling
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2008

Clean from the hallways to the rooms, friendly staff. Honored internet price even though I checked in in person. Very good value for the Dollar. Pleasantly surprised at the quality of the Hotel. Highly recommend if your visiting or driving thru Rawlings to stay here. This review is being written connected to their high speed internet which is working awesome.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Papamelx4
Wichita, KS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2008

Clean/Decent hotel & room. Staff is very friendly. My only disappoints were that because I booked through a corporate discount card they didn't give me the free breakfast (a $7.75 disc. on any brkfst at the adjoining diner) - and no coffee in the room.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank diana9559