“A good place for an overnight in Rawlins!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oak Tree Inn Rawlins

Oak Tree Inn Rawlins
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Rawlins
Orem, Utah
“A good place for an overnight in Rawlins!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2009

We stayed with our boys (10,16) in a double room at this hotel this April. The check in is a little weird. You check in at the diner outside. The room was typical, but the very clean and the beds very nice, but maybe a bit firm. There was a fridge and a microwave in the room as well. We paid $90 which I thought was a lot until I priced the other motels in the town! It was in the middle and looking at the other reviews of the area motels, I thought a good deal.
Breakfast is at the diner next to the hotel. They give you a voucher for $7.50 so you can get what you want. I thought that was interesting. The diner was OK. Nothing to squeal about.
If I had to stay in Rawlins again, I would stay here.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2009

I was traveling with my dog and found a welcome respite from I-80. The place was easy to find, clean, and the staff members polite and friendly. The spacious and spotless room was nearly soundproof, and came with a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. There was a workout room and a diner on the property that provided a free hot breakfast. Free and fast WFi as well. What more could any tired traveler need?

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank xmascolors
Sterling
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2008

Clean from the hallways to the rooms, friendly staff. Honored internet price even though I checked in in person. Very good value for the Dollar. Pleasantly surprised at the quality of the Hotel. Highly recommend if your visiting or driving thru Rawlings to stay here. This review is being written connected to their high speed internet which is working awesome.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Papamelx4
Wichita, KS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2008

Clean/Decent hotel & room. Staff is very friendly. My only disappoints were that because I booked through a corporate discount card they didn't give me the free breakfast (a $7.75 disc. on any brkfst at the adjoining diner) - and no coffee in the room.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank diana9559
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2008

I was concerned when I couldn't find any reviews of this property. Well my concerns were unfounded. I was told this hotel was built for railroaders and was recently opened to the public. My husband and I stayed for two nights. I have to say that I'm a tough customer when it comes to clean rooms and this one was very clean. Even the bedspread was clean and crisp! Our room had an iron, ironing board, digital alarm clock, large TV,small coffee maker, mini microwave and fridge. The blackout draperies they advertise work well. The shower had great water pressure. It was built in 2006 so all the furniture is very new and "in-style" looking. My only small complaint is that all the lightbulbs were of the compact fluorescent variety, which is not my personal favorite, for ambience purposes anyway. Our heater/AC unit worked well. There are alot of railroaders that stay here waiting for their next train, so expect to see alot of men. Everyone we saw were friendly and minded their own business. They have a gazebo like smoking shelter outside, and that is the ONLY place you're allowed to smoke. The 24 Hour diner next door serves great diner fare, everything is cooked to order. I was almost turned off before we checked in because you have to check in at the diner-- don't let that deter you. I feel we got a great deal-- our room was 89.99/ night and was discounted 10% because my husband had a county govt. ID.

• Liked — Cleanliness, Convenient location
  • Disliked — Compact fluorescent lightbulbs
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business