“Excellent dinner”

Aspen House Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Rawlins
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Wyoming
“Excellent dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have lived in Rawlins for the the past eleven years, my husband and I go out of town for fine dining and I had never eaten at the Aspen House. Wow, had I known then what I know now. The Restaurant is wonderful! We had the Crab Rangoon appetizer, my husband had the fillet with the new potatoes and soup. He loved his meal, the meat was so tender, one of the best fillets ever. I had the cowboy steak with the veges and a salad that came with the Aspen House's homemade vinaigrette, it was fantastic. The waitress we had was great and I can honestly say that I will go definitely go to the Aspen House again and will recommend to everyone I know.

• Visited January 2014

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Nice find out in the middle of nowhere :-)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Excellent dinner. We started with the Thai shrimp. Very good, but a bit too sweet for my taste.
I had the spicy balinese beef which was very tasty. Not too spicy, just right. My companion had the Cajun ribeye steak. He loved it. The accompanying salad was extra fresh and the dressing home made.

We ate upstairs and I felt like I was eating at my grandmother's home. Very quaint atmosphere. Our waitress was prompt and courteous. We just loved this dining experience.

There is something for everyone on their menu. You won't be disappointed at The Aspen House.

• Visited September 2013
Kennewick
“Jewel in Rawlins, don't miss this one!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I travel a lot since we are now retired but not nearly as much as when we were in corporate America. Meaning, we have eaten in great restaurants all across America, and this one was superb. Chose this based on other reviews and after a long day of travel we were ready to set down and have a good meal. We were warned that it was expensive but that's a relative statement. I'll pay for a good meal.

Quaint little old house, limited seating but we arrived an hour before closing so got a seat right away. We brought our own wine which they corked for a minimal fee. My husband has a chicken Alfredo pasta which was heavenly. I had the rack of lamb - the best I have ever eaten. Anywhere.

Staff was polite, efficient, friendly. Food over the top. Ambiance quaint. Do not pass this one up if you like excellent food.

• Visited September 2013
Auburn, California
“Five star dining in Rawlins Wyoming?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is the only, and I mean only place to dine in Rawlins Wyoming. The service was excellent, the food terrific and the ambiance very nice.

Visited September 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
“Who would have guessed?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Who would have imagined that a little town like this would have such a fabulous restaurant? The Aspen House is a charming old house that contains an amazing restaurant. We shared steamed chicken dumplings, crab rangoon and calamari, which were all good, especially the dipping sauce for the dumplings. My husband had an amazing steak. My brother-in-law and I both had lamb, which was cooked perfectly and delicious. My sister had the seafood pasta. It had a delicious sauce; Alfredo with a kick. We shared two greatb desserts, carrot cake and triple chocolate cake. Our waitress, Natasha, was charming and efficient. It couldn't have been better.

Visited September 2013