“Great place to stay if you just want a place to sleep.”

1st Choice Inn - Rawlins
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Rawlins
Savage, Minnesota
“Great place to stay if you just want a place to sleep.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

Stayed here with a friend in July of 2011. We were just looking for a cheap place to rest for the night and this was the hidden gem we found. By no means a fancy place, it is a clean hotel with the bare necessities and a friendly staff. It gets the job done at a great price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Philip E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Colorado Springs
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

I stayed here for 5 weeks. The things I liked were as follows: The staff was friendly and professional. The room was big in comparison to the competition. The rooms come with TV, phone service, clock radio, and a table with chairs. Good lighting. The heater/AC worked well enough. Parking is convenient. No odors, no bed bugs, and most of the room was clean enough. Now for what I did not like. There was heavy mold in the bathroom. The water from the sink smelled like sewer occasionally. The staff missed my wake up call twice in a row after which I relied on the clock radio only. They tried to double charge me for a week that I would have missed had I not checked my balance online. The breakfast is paltry, they are frequently out of popular items, and they have signs out telling people not to take much. The doors are locked electronically with a card that they give you. The system has glitches. I had to have the card replaced several times because it stopped working for me. Worst of all, after staying there for 5 weeks they decided to significantly raise the rate on me. This is the main reason why I left disappointed and will not recommend this place. This place basically has no amenities. All you get for the money is a room and breakfast. It is not worth what they charge.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Rawlins hotels

Oakland, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

If there are any positive reviews on this hotel, they cannot be true. This was awful. There was not one good thing about it. The staff was run by young girls who didnt care about anything. Didnt answer the phones and were not at the desk. The hotel looks like a prison. The pix of it only show a part of the building and for good reason. It was extremely old, run down, smelled and had homeless looking people all around and in it. The other guests looked very poor and run down. The water started out as only hot. Then in the AM was only cold. The shower faucets didnt work and dripped all night. The hotel is located right in front of a railroad track and trains ran all night. Guests could be heard arguing and partying all night. I would have taken a pix of it but we left while it was still dark as we could not stand it.
DO NOT believe any positive reviews. I am alerting you to this. This does not even rate one star. This was one of 3 very bad hotels we just stayed at during our trip that were rated good by alleged guests here. Beware

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank frank d
Oakland, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

My husband and I found this place on line as we were approaching Rawlins in a Budget moving truck. We just needed to stop for the night, and this place did the job. It was clean, had AC, and good parking. Just what we needed for a good night's sleep before we hit the road again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Laramie, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

This was the best deal in town. They are bicyclist friendly. Clean room. Good breakfast in the morning. Super friendly and nice staff. Grocery store and restaurants nearby. I recommend this hotel to travelers visiting Rawlins, WY.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sprinkledonut
Lodi, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 11 days and thought it was great. The staff is very friendly and supportive. We will stay here again next year.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

No one goes to Rawlins because they want to. (at least I don't think so) We just wanted a quick place to stop for the night while on the road. Last year, we stayed at the Oak Tree Inn on a similar trip, and it was basic but new and clean. 1st choice was just, well...yuck. I didn't really feel comfortable sleeping there. I didn't want to look too closely at things. It was old, and there are much newer motels in the area. My advice: stay elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family