“Do not stay at this motel”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Rawlins

Super 8 Rawlins
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Rawlins
salt lake city, utah
“Do not stay at this motel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2008

This hotel is awful I was in Rawlins for a interview but that is another story. The entire hotel reeks with crigratte smoke houskeeeping is awful breakfast buffet is a joke the staff is rude and super 8 corporate does not care

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — I hated everything
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Brigham City, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2007

We usually find Super 8 Motels to be nice, clean and inexpensive when we are just going on a roadtrip. In fact, we had just left the nice Super 8 in Deadwood, South Dakota. (see my review for that one) The Rawlins Super 8 is an exception. Basically, it was a dive. It is hard to even know where to start. My first complaint would be that the entire building is marked No Smoking along with a no smoking sign on each motel door. However, it wasn't enforced at all. Not only was there smoking in the enclosed hallway, but also in the room across from ours, which came into our room by the large gap under our door. We were able to remedy that by going down to the desk and getting an extra towel. (since there were only 2 flimsy ones provided to us in the room.) We blocked the gap under the door with the towel and that took care of the smoke problem. It was quite hot, but when we turned on the window mount cooler, it rattled and hummed so loud, we thought it was breaking down. We left it on since we needed the cool air. Unfortunately, the racket from the cooler wasn't enough to drown out the hacking and coughing all night from the smoker next door. We could hear it as clear as if they were in the same room as us, because the walls seemed to be paper thin. The bed was as hard as a rock!

My advise to you would be to drive to the exact opposite side of town where you will find brand new hotels such as Comfort Inn, Holiday Express Inn, Quality Inn, etc. Right next to a new McDonalds and other nice eating establishments. Unfortunately, we didn't discover them until we had already checked into the Super 8.

I will say that the people running the desk were really nice and apologetic.

• Liked — The people at the desk were nice.
  • Disliked — Smoke, hard bed, paper thin walls
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Rawlins hotels

Kansas City, Mo.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2007

We stayed here one night on our way to Jackson. Management was rude and hard to understand their poor english. Charged us $82 which was less than the other chain motels in the town. The room was clean and everything worked. The breakfast selection was only cereal and toast with coffee or juice. The motel seemed to be in the bad side of town but we had no problems. Most eating establishments were on the other side of town with the other motels. We might stay here for another one night stop-over to save a buck but will probably stop in another town since Rawlins has little to offer.

• Liked — clean and cheaper than other area motels
  • Disliked — Management attitude
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
South Portland, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2007

My family after a long day of driving from California decided to stay at this hotel, and after eveything was saifd and done we were charged $256.00 for a stay that lasted 5 hours. . We wanted to find something that would allow our two dogs and the Rawlins hotel was it. When we got there the gentalman spoke very poor english which I dont mind, but he chrged us our rate twice on my credit card. Which I noticed when I checked my balance before we were going to get back on the road. I proceded to speak to the gentelman at the counter and he did understand what I was telling him about him over charging us. So he told me to wait until the manager came in which was about an hour. We spoke to the manager and he stated that we were over charged and proceded to refund our money but it never was credited and it has been 3 days sine our stay. The kicker is after all of that we were charged the next day for another stay and when I called the man acted like he didnt understand and told me that we were going to get that money refunded as well.
My advice to anyone DONT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

• Liked — ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2006

On 20 aug I made a reservation online for 31 Aug. I cancelled the reservation on 29 Aug online. I have confirmation numbers for both transactions.

In Sept when I reviewed my credit card bill I noticed a charge for TWO rooms at Super 8. I contacted the Super 8 in Rawlins, WY, the clerk took my name and number and told me I would be contacted later in the evening, no return call. I called the next night no return call.

I contacted Super 8 customer service and told them my story. I received a letter a week later stating that even though I had canceled my reservation I had contacted the motel directly and made another reservation which was charged to my card.

I explained that I had not made another reservation. Customer service gave me the confimation number and told me to take it up with the motel in Rawlins.

I contacted the Super 8 in Rawlins and asked them who made the reservation with the confirmation number that super 8 customer service provided me. The clerk told me it was an invalid confirmation number and no reservation exsisted with that number.

I asked the clerk who charged my cc for the two rooms under that number the clerk did not know and could not provide me with any explaination on who made the reservation, when it was made and what clerk took the reservation. The clerk told me to call Super 8 customer service if I had a problem.

I called super 8 customer service and was told that the super 8 in rawlins had all of that information I needed and that customer service was not going to do anything about it.

Do not conduct any business with the super 8 in Rawlins, WY. I would suggest not doing any business with any super 8 as you have no recourse when unauthorized charges are made to your credit card.

I have contacted my credit card company and I am in the process of disputing the charges.

Stayed August 2006
3 Thank B1019
Northeast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2006

We made reservations for one night two months prior to staying at the Super 8 Motel in Rawlins WYoming. We were quoted a price of $64.00 for a non-smoking, two queen room. When we arrived, there was nobody at the desk. Finally a man that we could not understand his english very well arrived and checked us in. He said the total was $85.40 with our AAA discount. Well, I said, I was told it was $64 when I made the reservation (I even wrote it down). He said no. We proceeded to leave. The hotel was not clean and the breakfast room had not been cleaned from the morning breakfast and it was after 1:00 p.m. when we arrived. Do not stay here the service is awful.

Stayed July 2006
1 Thank Parkspass
amma,WV
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2006

I was moving family accross country decited to stay here because it was the first place we came to. Staff and management unkind, management did not speak english. We should have learned from the two other people in front of us that seen their room and demanded a refund. But we were tired, slept six hours and left ASAP.

• Stayed March 2006