“Nice stay”

Days Inn Rawlins
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Rawlins
“Nice stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

it's a Days Inn so you should know what to expect really. Nice, clean, friendly staff, and good sized rooms at a good price. Nothing really nearby and was pretty quiet, but then again nothing nearby. If you're looking for a nice clean place to stay while traveling in the $50-75 price range this will do as well as any other.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Roosevelt, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

WARNING: This motel does no book rooms online. We had booked a room online only to arrive and be told they do not take online reservations. I thought the bed was uncomfortable, but my husband thought it was okay. The bathroom had mildew or mold on the tile. Other than that the room was clean. Breakfast was okay but not great. I don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
UncleStevie, Owner at Days Inn Rawlins, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
ERRONEOUS REPORT- While we are sorry that the guest's alleged stay was not wonderful, we work hard to make sure all stays are fantastic.
DAYS INN TAKES ONLINE BOOKING- This report is fully in error. We have daily online bookings. I do not know what allegedly happened, but all front desk staff know we take online bookings and it is in their training.
Since this guest stayed in August, it is possible they stayed while the actual breakfast room was being upgraded and the temporary breakfast room had some issues which were solved. Now, we again have one of the best FREE Continental Breakfasts in Wyoming.
We constantly work hard to improve our motel and upgrade the guests experiences, which includes the change from beds with removable pillow tops ( a step above the Days Inn requirements) to pillow top mattresses. These are fantastic and we have never had a complaint with the pillow top mattresses. . If you try our motel, you will be delighted!!!!!

Travelers are raving about these Rawlins hotels

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

Took a long time to check in. The pool is in a detached "building" (seemed more like a prefab shed), had missing windows & no clean towels. The back door to the hotel was still unlocked at 10pm. Breakfast in the morning was terrible...the hot items (dry eggs and cold, dry hashbrowns) had the almost full garbage cans sitting right in front of them, 3 of the juice machines were broken and my kids had upset stomachs after eating the waffles. I didn't sleep because I felt so unsafe.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank seejanerun77
I always believe the nasty comments with one response are from jealous competitors. This is really suspicious since there are so many errors.
Lets address them:
The pool is indeed a separate building. In August, the children of a guest were throwing rocks and broke one window. Our maintenance department put temporary plywood over that space until the local glass company could replace it, which was done reasonably quickly. There have never been "windows missing".
Towels for the pool are at the front desk and not at the pool since it is not guarded and we have no one in attendance. Guests are informed to come to the front desk for pool towels if needed.
Garbage cans in the breakfast room are at places where needed and emptied as time allows. If it is busy, the attendant might not be able to keep them looking empty.
There is only one juice machine ( recently replaced and upgraded) so any report of three, working or not, is erroneous.
While we do occasionally have valid complaints, this is not one of them.
If you come to Rawlins, make sure to give us a try. You will be amazed at how much The days Inn is spotlessly clean, unique and like family.
Greeley, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

I stay overnight in Rawlins once a year as part of a recurring summer road trip. I was reasonably pleased with Days Inn, which is easily reachable off I-80 but away from any highway noise. It may be a little worn around the edges in places, but I did not find anything to be decrepit, and the price was not too bad for an interstate highway motel ($87 including taxes through hotels.com). Rooms open off of wide interior corridors. My room had a king bed and easy chair but still had decent floor space. (It measured about 12x16 ft., excluding the bath). The accommodations were clean and included a microwave, coffeemaker, and mid-size fridge, which I appreciated. Days Inn touts “feathertop mattresses,” but the extra fluff on top of a standard mattress didn’t really do much for me. Still, I had a decent night’s rest. The bath is ok and had prompt and plentiful hot water, though the cheap fixtures have seen better days. Also, the less than fluffy towels have obviously achieved intimate familiarity with the inside of a dryer. The wi-fi connection was consistently strong, but there are several different Days Inn wireless networks, only one of which is accessible to guests. I eventually found the right network by trial and error. Breakfast is served in a large room off the lobby. It starts at 5:30 a.m.; however when I went downstairs at 6:15 they still had not loaded the steaming trays with the hot dishes. I understand that if I had waited long enough I could have had eggs and sausage, but I made a waffle for myself at the waffle iron and had some fresh fruit. Cereals and breads are also available. Check-in and check-out went smoothly, and the staff was friendly. There is a generous noon check-out time. The comfortable front lobby with a big sitting area has free coffee for guests, as well as a computer with a very gummy keyboard that is also available for guest use. I didn’t venture into the swimming pool or into the on-premises bar/lounge called Cuzins, cuz I was just too tired. I noticed several moving vans and cars pulling trailers parked in the parking lot, which is big enough easily to handle those type vehicles, in case you’re traveling that way. There are fast food restaurants within easy walking distance of this location, and a City Market food store is a few blocks distant. In case you’re looking for a restaurant in Rawlins, I had decent Asian cuisine at a place called Coco’s, located in an interesting old brick house at the corner of Cedar and 3rd Streets downtown. Best gas prices are also farther from the interstate, toward downtown. I did notice when checking in on a Friday night that a number of people came into the lobby asking if there were rooms available. The motel filled up its vacancies just while I was checking in and was quoting a price higher than I paid. This long stretch of I-80 is heavily traveled in summer, so advanced reservations are recommended.

Although Days Inn has a few minor problems, there are still more positives than negatives, and I would recommend this as a convenient overnight option, especially if you get a good rate. (See also my review of Comfort Inn & Suites, next door to Days Inn.)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Glenmere7
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

Have been on the road for weeks and stayed here on my way to salt lake city. This motel has an extremely friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are clean and very comfortable, expecially compaired to even more expensive hotels. It is a very nice place to stay. My only complaint is my nieghbors are a bit loud. Yet even so I would stay here again if I come back through this way.

• Stayed July 2011
Indianapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

Stayed here on our way back from Yellowstone, the hotel is decent and the pool is deeper than your average hotel pool at 8 feet. They do have free cookies and popcorn in the lobby, the breakfast is your average hotel breakfast with biscuits and gravy or waffle maker plus other options. Overall not bad.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Franklinton, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

We stayed there for 2 nights visting family in rawlins. My children loving the cookies and popcorn we got at check in. The front desk staff was very friendly even gave us directions to our familys house. The room was clean and roomy for our kids to play in. The best thing was the swimming pool and breakfast. The pool was very warm. Breakfast had a lot of varieties on it to accomadte all of my family. The outside just needed to be up dated. The colors didnt really go toghter on the building but other than that it was wonder full.

Room Tip: Not one by the doors