“Some minor problems, but an OK choice for an overnight”
Review of Days Inn Rawlins

Days Inn Rawlins
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Rawlins
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I stay overnight in Rawlins once a year as part of a recurring summer road trip. I was reasonably pleased with Days Inn, which is easily reachable off I-80 but away from any highway noise. It may be a little worn around the edges in places, but I did not find anything to be decrepit, and the price was not too bad for an interstate highway motel ($87 including taxes through hotels.com). Rooms open off of wide interior corridors. My room had a king bed and easy chair but still had decent floor space. (It measured about 12x16 ft., excluding the bath). The accommodations were clean and included a microwave, coffeemaker, and mid-size fridge, which I appreciated. Days Inn touts “feathertop mattresses,” but the extra fluff on top of a standard mattress didn’t really do much for me. Still, I had a decent night’s rest. The bath is ok and had prompt and plentiful hot water, though the cheap fixtures have seen better days. Also, the less than fluffy towels have obviously achieved intimate familiarity with the inside of a dryer. The wi-fi connection was consistently strong, but there are several different Days Inn wireless networks, only one of which is accessible to guests. I eventually found the right network by trial and error. Breakfast is served in a large room off the lobby. It starts at 5:30 a.m.; however when I went downstairs at 6:15 they still had not loaded the steaming trays with the hot dishes. I understand that if I had waited long enough I could have had eggs and sausage, but I made a waffle for myself at the waffle iron and had some fresh fruit. Cereals and breads are also available. Check-in and check-out went smoothly, and the staff was friendly. There is a generous noon check-out time. The comfortable front lobby with a big sitting area has free coffee for guests, as well as a computer with a very gummy keyboard that is also available for guest use. I didn’t venture into the swimming pool or into the on-premises bar/lounge called Cuzins, cuz I was just too tired. I noticed several moving vans and cars pulling trailers parked in the parking lot, which is big enough easily to handle those type vehicles, in case you’re traveling that way. There are fast food restaurants within easy walking distance of this location, and a City Market food store is a few blocks distant. In case you’re looking for a restaurant in Rawlins, I had decent Asian cuisine at a place called Coco’s, located in an interesting old brick house at the corner of Cedar and 3rd Streets downtown. Best gas prices are also farther from the interstate, toward downtown. I did notice when checking in on a Friday night that a number of people came into the lobby asking if there were rooms available. The motel filled up its vacancies just while I was checking in and was quoting a price higher than I paid. This long stretch of I-80 is heavily traveled in summer, so advanced reservations are recommended.

Although Days Inn has a few minor problems, there are still more positives than negatives, and I would recommend this as a convenient overnight option, especially if you get a good rate. (See also my review of Comfort Inn & Suites, next door to Days Inn.)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Glenmere7

Reviewed July 21, 2011

Have been on the road for weeks and stayed here on my way to salt lake city. This motel has an extremely friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are clean and very comfortable, expecially compaired to even more expensive hotels. It is a very nice place to stay. My only complaint is my nieghbors are a bit loud. Yet even so I would stay here again if I come back through this way.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Stayed here on our way back from Yellowstone, the hotel is decent and the pool is deeper than your average hotel pool at 8 feet. They do have free cookies and popcorn in the lobby, the breakfast is your average hotel breakfast with biscuits and gravy or waffle maker plus other options. Overall not bad.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We stayed there for 2 nights visting family in rawlins. My children loving the cookies and popcorn we got at check in. The front desk staff was very friendly even gave us directions to our familys house. The room was clean and roomy for our kids to play in. The best thing was the swimming pool and breakfast. The pool was very warm. Breakfast had a lot of varieties on it to accomadte all of my family. The outside just needed to be up dated. The colors didnt really go toghter on the building but other than that it was wonder full.

Room Tip: Not one by the doors
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Familyfun0882
Reviewed June 15, 2011

The breakfast is good but the tv channels suck need HBO. It would also be nice for you to have a resturant.I work out of town a lot. I stay with you but your motel needs these services for me to stay again.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We were stranded as our car broke down. The front desk was sure to get us the best rate. Rooms were very clean. Breakfast was the best hot eggs and sausage. i will deffintly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank roadtravelerhwy69
Reviewed April 13, 2011

I wrote a review before, but it never showed up. I stopped in again last month and in my opinion things are even better. It's an older motel, well kept up and very roomy. The staff really tries to make each guest's stay comfortable. Breakfast is as good as any continental at this level - fresh hot waffles and eggs the day I was there, along with the usual cold stuff. One thing I always like about Day's Inn is all the pillows they give you. This one also has foam toppers for the mattresses, which takes it a step above the usual motel in this class. All in all the best deal in Rawlins.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo