“Not bad.”

Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Rawlins
Grabs, Switzerland
“Not bad.”
Reviewed September 20, 2008

Convenient location and passable rooms for the price but the big plus is the truck stop next door. Fantastic food at rock bottom prices,

• Liked — Proximity to Interstate and the fantastic food at the truckstop
  • Disliked — Overrun by oilworkers
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed May 8, 2008

I travel with my 50-lb dog across the country a few times a year. I've learned that it always pays to do a little research before I set out. Reasons for this? A) your favorite hotel chain doesn't take dogs at all its locations; B) the hotel that says it's "dog-friendly" on the webpage only allows dogs under 20 lbs; C) same "dog-friendly" hotel charges you an extra $95 for your dog - and, no, they don't get their own room for that fee.

With 30 minutes of research, I found America's Best Value Inn in Rawlins. It was clean, they only charged $5 extra for my lovable pooch, their dog rooms are on the ends of the hall, so you're close to the side exits, AND by calling them, I got a better rate than any quoted on the web - better by $25 and that includes the $5 extra for the dog. Breakfast wasn't anything elaborate, but it sufficed. ABV is right off the interstate and next to a gas station, so I didn't have to spend excess time looking for either of these road-trip necessities. I'd stay here again for an over-nighter.

• Liked — Right of interstate, $5 pet fee
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Lauren D
Waltham, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 12, 2006

We stayed here on the third night of our cross-country move along I-80 in July 2005. Two days before we left, I was given a phone call to say that the hotel had changed from a Sleep Inn to a Best Value Inn - but that my reservation and price would be honored. This was completely true, and we had a nice stay at the hotel. The hotel was situated right next to a truck-stop, which had a Subway where we ate dinner, and although the area wasn't the nicest - we still felt relatively safe (even with a car full of our belongings).

The hotel had the standard amenities we've come to expect from a Sleep Inn, which included a quality breakfast and free wireless internet. We were situated near the end of the hallway, so the signal strength wasn't great, but it was adequate enough to check email, etc.

We had reserved a room with a fridge and when we got there, they put us in a room without one - but when we told the front desk, they actually went into the storage room and carried us down a small fridge to use. Overall, we had a very nice stay.

• Stayed July 2005
5 Thank dunlin57
Kansas City
Reviewed July 2, 2005

Loud environment, but it was fairly priced. The Best Western was twice as much and it looked to have the same rooms and a pool. The staff was very friendly and it was a great experience.

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank Wurdack
Reviewed June 27, 2005

I've stayed at a lot of Sleep Inns and have found them very consistent. Decent room, nothing fancy, but good value. Good stopover place if you're on the road. Stay here if you can rather than Rock Springs, where you will be overcharged -- for inexplicable reasons, as it is certainly no resort town. The Comfort Inn in Rock Springs was awful and more expensive than this one. Sleep Inns have never disappointed me yet.

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank SeattleTrvlr
Ann Arbor, MI
Reviewed April 20, 2004

I haven't stayed at a Sleep Inn before so I don't know if they're all this good but we were thrilled to find this hotel in Rawlins. It has nicely lit interior corridors, well designed cozy rooms with euro-style built-ins, and pizza delivery! The circular shower was slightly old but worked well. The front desk staff were nice as well.

4 Thank robhafer
Long Eaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2003

Stayed here on way to Yellowstone. Located next to a very busy road - but the soundproofing works so you do get a good nights sleep. Nice room - although I wish I hadn't paid extra for Jazucci bath it was awful. Good facilities, friendly staff. Main problem is the location.
without a car the only place to eat was truck stop next door. Rawlins itself is definitely a place to drive by although the prison is interesting to see. In Short, the hotel is a good value stop off place.

4 Thank ALEX08