“This was an okay place.”

Americas Best Value Inn Rawlins
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Rawlins
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had a king bed no smoking room. The room appeared to be clean, carpet was clean, the bed slept well, the linens were good, the tv was outdated, but we were there only to sleep. The shower had good pressure and hot water. Our king bed had king pillows and nice ones at that! My only interaction with staff was to request more pillows, which they did with a smile. May be a little over-priced when compared to others.
Breakfast was very ordinary, but enough to get you going for the day.
It was quiet.

Room Tip: Do not settle for a pet room or smoking room unless that is what you need. Get there before 5:30 whe...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I am accustomed to staying at Motel 6's because of their long standing pet friendly policy but this trip I though I would try something different. I stayed at Americas Best Value Inn in Rawlins Wy for the first and last time. I am a non smoker who travels extensively with my small dog. I try to stay on the first floor of motels for ease of relieving my dog. The only non smoking pet friendly rooms they had were on the 2nd floor so I decided to take a smoking room on the first floor. This was MY mistake not theirs. The room smelled strongly of cigarette smoke and had several burn marks on the carpet. Maybe this is the case with all smoking rooms everywhere but I don't know. There was a sliding window in the room. The window was so dirty that on the screen side, all I could see was images of nearby objects. The non screen side was better because I could see the outline of images of nearby objects. The window was stuck open about an inch. I could not slide it open or closed or lock it. Later that night, I worked with it and was able to get it closed and locked. The shower once had a dome light in the ceiling of the shower stall itself. The dome was gone, the light bulb was gone and all that was left was a bare empty light socket which was recessed in the hole about 6 inches. Even so it was exposed to steam and water splashing. There were peices of what I believe to be cork on the shower floor which seemed to match a cork gasket which once protected the dome but which now was mostly gone. I plugged my shaver into the bathroom receptacle and it was so loose that the movement of my shaver cord kept cutting off the electricity. In my opinion, this room was not only unacceptable but it was unsafe and should never have been rented out in its condition. To add insult to injury, the cost of this room was about twice what I pay for a motel 6. I am going back to Motel 6. Gary K

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I-80 was closed at Sinclair. We got the last room here in Wyoming. The staff was so great- two of the desk clerks went to clean the room. We checked in and refueled. They accomodated us with our dog - switching us with non-pet people, I guess. They had warm cookies!!! SO glad we are not sleeping in the truck somewhere. But I had stayed with this chain before - traveling with one big and five cats -and they were all good places. But this one was above the norm. I actually heard another desk clerk tell someone on the phone to call back in a few minutes and he would check availabilty in other hotels for them!

Room Tip: Stay here even if the Interstate isn't closed!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2012

On Dec 19th 2012 my husband and I had to stay over night in Rawlins, Wy because the roads were a mess and some closed down. It was cold and I mean COLD , windy, snowy you get the picture. I went in and asked about a room the girls that were there that night were very nice. I asked about discounts they gave us a room which was old looking smelled and dirty. By the looks of the whole place I'm will to bet the every room looked like ours. In the morning their so call breakfast was so bad. I tried to eat biscuits and gravy it was like trying to eat glue with hamburger in it. I thew it away as did my husband and we went to the place next door to eat. What topped everything off was when I went to check out. The woman at the front desk (short reddish hair with glasses middle aged) told me as I was signing the credit slip that the girl the night before had given us the trucker rate. She started to move her hand towards the slip as I was signing as if she was going to take it back so she could charge me more. I just held it and finnished signing it and said well thats to bad sorry. She grabbed the slip from me , I'm a veteran so I asked for the heck of it do you give discounts for military . With a stern voice she snapped at me " No we do not " at this point she was really upsetting me with her actions. So I told her thats to bad sense they are protecting her. This place is only good if your desperate as we were that night. We are not Hotel/Motel snobs I just feel for money the rooms should be clean and have some up dates ,and beds that aren't borads. They need some one at the front desk that's friendly and cares about doing a good job!!

Room Tip: Go some where else.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank darkcloud1
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed there on 11/24/2012 and went down to have breakfast and although the front desk clerk was very good and busy with making sure that breakfast was stocked and clean there were housekeepers there cussing and ranting about their personal lives. We have a small child and felt it was very unprofessional and unappropriate! Then even though we had a do not disturb sign on our door the housekeeper named Arlene started pounding on my door at 9:15 am!!! Then when I said that we were still in the room I heard her say why dont we get our $h_t and leave! My child picked up a dirty q-tip from under the bed and there were stains on my sheets. For the price of 89.00 and the mess that we had to deal with I should have went else where. Do not stay here!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Teddy R
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Literally put in this property on a motorcycle dodging a strong thunderstorm. It was the only place in Rawlins with rooms so there we were. We were luckly in that we were the first people to find this place before everybody else. Nothing really special about the hotel except the lone front desk woman who, after we signed, had a line out the door waiting to get a room. We felt sorry for her, but she was as good and professional as anyone I've seen in that situation, and I stay in hotels 14 to 18 nights every month! That hotel is luicky to have her.

Room Tip: Okay for that class of hotels..nothing special...next to a truck stop, away fron town.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jim M
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Only stay in Rawlins if you have an unavoidable reason to be there. This town is a refinery and the smell hangs over the town. From Monday to Thursday the motels are full of refinery, and some other, workers, usually prebooked. We arrived on a Monday at 5pm and tried a lot of motels before booking this one. It was a last resort. The Holiday Inn had two rooms at about $185 and the Days Inn had a room but when I looked at it nothing seemed well kept and the corridors were dirty. The Microtel had a handicapped room. I asked to look at it (which is always my policy) and it had not been made up. Everywhere seemed completely full and there were queues at the doors.
The Americas Best Value was busy with regulars, but they had a room and we were too tired to go any further. The rooms are clean, but small, well used, and the walls are paper thin. You think other people are coming into your room, and you can hear conversations in the rooms/reception area. The wash area is small and the loo/shower(only) is in a sort of closet. Beds and pillows are firm. B/fast with some hot food is in a sort of cubby hole. Reception does its job: efficiently. Unless you want to go searching there is food at the truckers stop next door which also has a Subway and shop. There is nothing to bring one back to this area or motel. It's hardly best value for the price you have to pay here. The market is such that motels can charge prices you would not accept in the same chains elsewhere. If you want a reasonably priced good, comfortable motel plan to be 100 miles either way on the I80 from Rawlins. That is how far other/good accommodation is!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple