All reviewswindow seatgreat value for the pricepotatoesan excellent place to stayroom was cleanbiscuits and gravyawesome stayhot breakfastunder new ownershiphot itemsstandard farequeen bedguest laundrynice ladybreakfast includedsitting areaneeded a place to stay
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This was the nicest hotel we have been in since our trip acrossed the United States.

A total of 45 days in different hotels, and this one is at the top.
From helping us open a package by finding us scissors, recommending a good place to eat to having a nice breakfast layout. I will recommend this place to everyone. As the prices are a great value for the service that is given.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank simplykathyh
Melinda M, General Manager at Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham Rawlins, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

I am pleased that you had such a wonderful experience at our motel. This type of customer service is what we strive for at the Microtel. As always, we appreciate you taking the time to report your experience while staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Wow. I really miss the old manager. (Justin?) I had stayed here last fall & was really impressed with the cleanlines of the rooms & the personal service offered by the manager. On this last stay, the rooms were not as clean, but they were not filthy either. The place had seemed to have lost it's polished look. The biggest surprise however, was the rate increase of $25. I asked the clerk to check my history to see what I had paid last time I was there & she verified that it was indeed much lower a few months ago. She explained that management had made a rate increase. (wow). I had always looked forward to staying at this hotel when I was out west so I agreed to the higher rate. I continued on further west the next day to California. On my way back, after completing my business, I stopped here again to get a room for the night. Now my room was yet another $5 higher than a few nights ago!! I once again asked the clerk to check my bill from the other night & she explained that the other clerk had charged me an incorrect rate. Now the rate was $30 higher than last fall. At these prices, I will stay at one of the higher end hotels just one exit down from this one. I feel this huge rate hike is just more than the room is worth. Maybe if the old manager was still there & you felt as though you were welcome instead of just another booking. No more for me.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Melinda M, General Manager at Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham Rawlins, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2012

I apologize for the lack of customer service you found at our hotel. We strive to make your experience the best possible and your feedback will help us do that. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Im so saddened to report a decline in satisfaction and a steep incline in price. We travel for work and have been staying here every trip through Wyoming for the last year. There has been a management change and quality is rapidly declining. After being hit with a $20 per night rate increase, we then had to deal with dried coffee grounds and a dirty coffee pot from a previous guest. Then discovered the alarm clock was broken. The good hot breakfast was short eggs that were to be in around noon. (Too late). There were 'workers' sitting in the lobby drinking beer and watching tv. We ask for a room on top floor to ensure quiet. We were given a second floor room. Guess what? 5:00 a.m. we were stomped awake by the same rude inconsiderate mud tracking loud talking group that we ask to be separated from. The clerk seemed helpless and somewhat indifferent to our dissatisfaction. We rated this same hotel 5 stars just 5 months ago. This was our bright spot in this otherwise harsh road we have to travel. We will try one more time to reestablish our trust in this Microtel. If not, Holiday Inn Express and Quality Inn are only one exit away. We miss the former GM Dustin Neuhaus, he always kept things in great shape and new us by sight.

• Stayed: March 2012

I apologize that your stay with us was anything less than exceptional. We appreciate your feedback and will be making an effort to change those things you have mentioned. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

I've written before that the Microtel in Rawlins is the only clean, affordable hotel in town. I would like to confirm that this is still the case, that their customer service is systematically supreme, and that I won't travel to Rawlins unless I can make arrangements at this property. I visit on business several times a year, and stay one or two nights at a time. Today the Wyndham Rewards hotline notified me there was no vacancy at Microtel. Instead, I called the property directly. Regina took my info, then called me back in ten minutes with a reserved room, discounted because of my previous stay. If you want extremely clean, comfortable, and affordable lodging, with the friendliest service available, call ahead and get a Microtel reservation. Note: Please, do not stay at the Super 8 in town, it's filthy and smelly beyond belief, and I hope the Trip Rewards reviews agree. The only feasible alternative would the Best Western at $80+, but their older rooms seem to have grown more dark, dingy, and depressing through the years. The Choice Hotel properties in Rawlins, which are new buildings, are usually charging upward of $120. Check my stats, I'm a discerning traveler, and I never give an excellent rating. In this case, it's been earned repeatedly.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask if there are any manager's specials. Despite being a Microtel, the suites are exceedingly roomy, comfy, and plush.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Edgetheow
Melinda M, General Manager at Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham Rawlins, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Thank you for choosing Microtel Inn Rawlins yet again on your travels. Thank you for your feedback and look forward to seeing you again. - Melinda

Reviewed December 7, 2011

We are traveling from WI to OR for the 2nd time and this is the nicest place we've stayed. We typically stay at Holiday Inn Express bc its adequate and consistent. We only ended up here bc the HIE was booked but we would definitely choose this hotel should we be passing through again. Room was clean, food much better than most hotel fare, and service was friendly. I definitely recommend this exceptional Microtel!

• Stayed: December 2011
Melinda M, General Manager at Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham Rawlins, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2011

I am glad that you had a wonderful experience at our motel and look forward to your return.