“Huge rate hike”

Pronghorn Inn & Suites
Pronghorn Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Rawlins
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Wow. I really miss the old manager. (Justin?) I had stayed here last fall & was really impressed with the cleanlines of the rooms & the personal service offered by the manager. On this last stay, the rooms were not as clean, but they were not filthy either. The place had seemed to have lost it's polished look. The biggest surprise however, was the rate increase of $25. I asked the clerk to check my history to see what I had paid last time I was there & she verified that it was indeed much lower a few months ago. She explained that management had made a rate increase. (wow). I had always looked forward to staying at this hotel when I was out west so I agreed to the higher rate. I continued on further west the next day to California. On my way back, after completing my business, I stopped here again to get a room for the night. Now my room was yet another $5 higher than a few nights ago!! I once again asked the clerk to check my bill from the other night & she explained that the other clerk had charged me an incorrect rate. Now the rate was $30 higher than last fall. At these prices, I will stay at one of the higher end hotels just one exit down from this one. I feel this huge rate hike is just more than the room is worth. Maybe if the old manager was still there & you felt as though you were welcome instead of just another booking. No more for me.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Melinda M, General Manager at Pronghorn Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2012

I apologize for the lack of customer service you found at our hotel. We strive to make your experience the best possible and your feedback will help us do that. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Pronghorn Inn & Suites

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Im so saddened to report a decline in satisfaction and a steep incline in price. We travel for work and have been staying here every trip through Wyoming for the last year. There has been a management change and quality is rapidly declining. After being hit with a $20 per night rate increase, we then had to deal with dried coffee grounds and a dirty coffee pot from a previous guest. Then discovered the alarm clock was broken. The good hot breakfast was short eggs that were to be in around noon. (Too late). There were 'workers' sitting in the lobby drinking beer and watching tv. We ask for a room on top floor to ensure quiet. We were given a second floor room. Guess what? 5:00 a.m. we were stomped awake by the same rude inconsiderate mud tracking loud talking group that we ask to be separated from. The clerk seemed helpless and somewhat indifferent to our dissatisfaction. We rated this same hotel 5 stars just 5 months ago. This was our bright spot in this otherwise harsh road we have to travel. We will try one more time to reestablish our trust in this Microtel. If not, Holiday Inn Express and Quality Inn are only one exit away. We miss the former GM Dustin Neuhaus, he always kept things in great shape and new us by sight.

• Stayed: March 2012

I apologize that your stay with us was anything less than exceptional. We appreciate your feedback and will be making an effort to change those things you have mentioned. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

I've written before that the Microtel in Rawlins is the only clean, affordable hotel in town. I would like to confirm that this is still the case, that their customer service is systematically supreme, and that I won't travel to Rawlins unless I can make arrangements at this property. I visit on business several times a year, and stay one or two nights at a time. Today the Wyndham Rewards hotline notified me there was no vacancy at Microtel. Instead, I called the property directly. Regina took my info, then called me back in ten minutes with a reserved room, discounted because of my previous stay. If you want extremely clean, comfortable, and affordable lodging, with the friendliest service available, call ahead and get a Microtel reservation. Note: Please, do not stay at the Super 8 in town, it's filthy and smelly beyond belief, and I hope the Trip Rewards reviews agree. The only feasible alternative would the Best Western at $80+, but their older rooms seem to have grown more dark, dingy, and depressing through the years. The Choice Hotel properties in Rawlins, which are new buildings, are usually charging upward of $120. Check my stats, I'm a discerning traveler, and I never give an excellent rating. In this case, it's been earned repeatedly.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask if there are any manager's specials. Despite being a Microtel, the suites ar...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Edgetheow
Melinda M, General Manager at Pronghorn Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Thank you for choosing Microtel Inn Rawlins yet again on your travels. Thank you for your feedback and look forward to seeing you again. - Melinda

Reviewed December 7, 2011

We are traveling from WI to OR for the 2nd time and this is the nicest place we've stayed. We typically stay at Holiday Inn Express bc its adequate and consistent. We only ended up here bc the HIE was booked but we would definitely choose this hotel should we be passing through again. Room was clean, food much better than most hotel fare, and service was friendly. I definitely recommend this exceptional Microtel!

• Stayed: December 2011
Melinda M, General Manager at Pronghorn Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2011

I am glad that you had a wonderful experience at our motel and look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

Rooms r great. Microwave refrig flar screen tv. Laundry facilities. Friendly staff. Little pricy but everything in rawlins is pricy. Good place to stop.

• Stayed: November 2011

We strive to make our guest experience the very best, so we appreciate you taking the time to comment on our motel. We hope to see you soon. Melinda

Reviewed October 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on our way to California. Exceptionally friendly staff, great rooms, and wonderful breakfast. Scrambled eggs are a nice extra. We loved the CDL discount, as my husband drives machinery. We will stop here again. Great stay!!

Room Tip: Any room would be great as they have an elevator. We did have some problems finding it as they have...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We were needing an clean, inexpensive place to sleep on a recent business trip across Wyoming. Because of a late afternoon meeting in Jackson Hole and the need to be back home in southern Colorado Sunday afternoon we had to find facilities in Rock Springs, Rawlins or Laramie to arrive late and leave early. I had attempted to find a 3 star place in one of those town for a couple of months prior and the rates consistently remained high ($120.'s). I am frugal (cheap) and for an 8 hour stay this was more than I cared to part with. My wife got on line and found this inn, in Rawlins, for $69. The beds were very comfortable and queen size and the linens were equal to the brand name places. The rooms were nice size and totally adequate for our short stay needs. The exterior appearance was nice and the facility seemed clean and well kept. Keep in mind it is a relatively new Inn. It looks like a pre-fab building construction and I don't believe it is too soundproof but for our specific needs on this trip it actually exceeded expectations. They served a "hot" breakfast in the morning of potatoes and breakfast burritos. along with cereals with juice or coffee. This isn't a place I would vacation at but it served as an oasis for us on this trip with a clean, functional and inexpensive alternative to driving alnight.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business