“New, Clean, Inexpensive”

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Rawlins
Westcliffe, Colorado
“New, Clean, Inexpensive”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We were needing an clean, inexpensive place to sleep on a recent business trip across Wyoming. Because of a late afternoon meeting in Jackson Hole and the need to be back home in southern Colorado Sunday afternoon we had to find facilities in Rock Springs, Rawlins or Laramie to arrive late and leave early. I had attempted to find a 3 star place in one of those town for a couple of months prior and the rates consistently remained high ($120.'s). I am frugal (cheap) and for an 8 hour stay this was more than I cared to part with. My wife got on line and found this inn, in Rawlins, for $69. The beds were very comfortable and queen size and the linens were equal to the brand name places. The rooms were nice size and totally adequate for our short stay needs. The exterior appearance was nice and the facility seemed clean and well kept. Keep in mind it is a relatively new Inn. It looks like a pre-fab building construction and I don't believe it is too soundproof but for our specific needs on this trip it actually exceeded expectations. They served a "hot" breakfast in the morning of potatoes and breakfast burritos. along with cereals with juice or coffee. This isn't a place I would vacation at but it served as an oasis for us on this trip with a clean, functional and inexpensive alternative to driving alnight.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ft. Collins, CO
Reviewed August 30, 2011

My second stay at the Microtel Inn in Rawlins, WY has completely improved the experience of travelling to Rawlins on regular business. It became apparent when I made my reservations that the exceptionally polite, helpful, and professinal customer service of my first visit was not a fluke, but was an actively reinforced characteristic of their staff. I also stayed in two separate rooms that were each much nicer than during my previous stay (during which the non smoking room smelled like smoke). This Inn has modern, clean rooms with great beds and pillows, very attractive bathrooms and fixtures, and an overall comfort that I greatly enjoy. By its nature, Microtel is prone to noisiness from other guests, but I did not experience any of that during this stay. My previous stays in Rawlins had me at the Best Western, but the room cleanliness deteriorated with the building to the point of unacceptability. I can't overemphasize the politeness of the staff, even the younger employees. Give them a chance...they may sound dull, but they're top notch.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Third stay here. We miss the GM, Dustin. Hope standards stay high with new team. Great beds, nice hot breakfast.

• Stayed August 2011
Laramie, WY
Reviewed June 16, 2011

The motel was clean and the staff was very friendly. I had not stayed at a Microtel in many years as I have had problems with them in the past, not this time everything was great. The breakfast was more than your average continental breakfast as it had eggs, biscuits and gravy and more on it.

The rooms were clean and overall it was a great stay. I have to say the price was right also all in all I will say it again it was a great stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank spookemook
Gilroy, California
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I had been driving through the construction on I80 for miles and just before I stopped for the night, my windshield caught a rock and busted. I had arranged to stay at the Microtel in advance and when I arrived, Dustin Neuhaus, the GM, was very gracious and helpful in locating numbers and company names for me to arrange repairs. The facility was a very pleasant suprise in the Rawlins area. I would happily recomend the Inn to my family and will stay again myself. The room was clean, modern and very comfortable. Be sure to ask for the special managers rate when you call for your reservation.

Room Tip: Ask for manager spoecial rate when you call.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Victoria, Illinois
Reviewed May 31, 2011

unfortunately, the alternator went out on my car outside of rawlins. i stay at a lot of microtels because i travel with pets and they are always pet friendly. the staff knew of my plight and made all efforts to make my and my pets stay as comfortable as possible. this motel has an EXCELLENT discount for travelers with a military ID. because there are so many oilfield workers, they also have a well stocked TV dinner/quick meal freezer. the staff was most kind in extending my check out time due to my not knowing at what time my car would be done. the owner/manager is a very friendly and accomodating young man. i recommend anyone having to stop in the rawlins area to stay at this fine establishment.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed March 28, 2011

This hotel was very clean and nice... updated also. Front desk was also very polite. Breakfast was good for a continental breakfast, the lady who is in charge of it even poured our OJ! She was very friendly. Only problem we had was the website showed no rooms available for everyday we selected, so we decided to call the hotel and rooms were available. So their website is having problems. This hotel gets 5 stars from me for the price....

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple