“Excellent hotel in Rawlins”

Hampton Inn Rawlins
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Rawlins
Sacramento, California
“Excellent hotel in Rawlins”
Reviewed August 19, 2010

We were driving through Rawlins on our way to California from Illinois. The hotel is very clean and new. The staff was very friendly and professional. The rooms were spotless! The breakfast was excellent - far better than Holiday Inn Express! The complimentary cookies were great too.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We booked a standard room with two double beds. Very pleasantly surprised to find that we were given a huge suite with 2 doubles and a sleeper sofa. I had to double-check my reciept to make sure they didn't charge me extra. Nope, they didn't. This place is nicer than my own house. Sigh. The front desk staff were very nice and check-in was a breeze, despite the fact that there was a huge thunderstorm and the power was out. There was no hassles or panic at all. They greeted us like family and calmly gave us our room key (which worked even with the power out). The outage only lasted a few minutes, so no biggie. The room had a nice kitchen area. Everything was very clean...the bedding, the bathroom. The front lobby is nice. The pool was everything you could hope for. Clean, well stocked with large towels, and WARM WARM water. The free wireless worked perfect. We really loved this place! Rawlins really is the middle of nowhere, so it was quite a surprise that this Hampton Inn was so impressive. I would most-definitely stay here again. I wish all our hotels were this nice. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Philly
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Sutes in Rawlins, WY on our way to Colorado from Yellowstone. A very clean and freindly hotel. The room was very clean and new. We stayed in a suite which had 2 double beds, a couch, HD TV, Wi-Fi, Microwave, refrigerator, sink in the room, and a clean bathroom. Breakfast in the morning was very tasty and plenty of food for everyone. My kids enjoyed the waffles that you make yourself. The pool was warm and the hottub was excellent. A nice work out room as well.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Henderson, Colorado
Reviewed April 14, 2010

We travel to this part of the state quite often and we have stayed several times at this Hampton Inn. It is a relatively new Hampton, and the staff is very friendly and accomodating. The rooms are spacious, typical Hampton Inn. In the standard king rooms, the beds face the window. This is a nice feature. The suites are standard Hampton layout, and are very relaxing. This inn is located just off the interstate, but far enough away that you do not even hear the traffic. Parking is very handy and free. The pool and hot tub and clean and well kept up. The breakfast staff is very friendly and keep the area very clean, well stocked and fresh. We visited with one of the staff who was from the East Coast and had some great stories to share. We have stayed at this inn twice now, and plan to make it our Rawlins home away from home!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Nice Hampton Inn with all the usual amenities. The TV at breakfast was loud, annoying, and tuned to a station I did not want to hear. I appreciate when hotels have their morning news on mute with captions and those what want to can get the news that way.

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
The Avenues, SLC
Reviewed March 27, 2010

I was traveling cross country and stopped in Rawlins for the night... I was dead tired from 12 hours of driving and I arrived at this hotel at 1am. I was pleasantly surprised to encounter a very polite, very respectful, accommodating employee (she might have been the manager) at the front desk. Usually when I check into hotels late at night the employees are rude and cranky, but this woman was just as nice as can be.

As soon I entered my room I couldn't believe how classy it was! This property must be almost brand new, and it shows. The decor in the room was something I would expect from a 5 star hotel; i was SO surprised at how nice it was! The carpeting was extremely clean, the bathroom was spotless (and the shower was spacious!), the bed was unbelievably comfortable, and everything had an upscale feel to it. The housekeeping crew was very thorough, and that is hard to find in a lot of hotels! Also, the hallways in the hotel were beautiful and the indoor pool looked very inviting... if I had brought a swimsuit I would have loved to take a dip.

The lobby of this hotel was also very nice and cozy. The furniture was comfortable and upscale (the decor kind of reminded my of a gentleman's library -- very nice), and they offered free tea (wide selection of flavors) and coffee. They also provided free pastries and bagels. I could not believe that this was a Hampton Inn! I stayed at a Hampton Inn in California about 10 years ago and I vowed never to stay at one again because it was like staying at a dumpy motel. But their design and service has obviously improved tremendously. I would definitely stay there again. (My only fear is that next time I go there it will be all booked. After all, it is seriously the best place to stay in the whole town -- especially compared to all the dumpy-looking places surrounding it.)

A++ Hampton Inn at Rawlins!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 24, 2009

Hampton Inns are owned by Hilton! This one, in particular, was wonderful. It was very clean and the bedding in these hotels are so comfortable. There were both soft and firm pillows (five per bed) and an extra blanket in the closet, if needed. The bathroom was very clean and elegant, with cherry-wood look. The manager had a small store with candy, gum, chips, etc. (things you normally find in a vending machine), as well as vending machines on each floor. His prices were a little lower than the vending machine prices. He also had a large refrigerator / freezer (with sliding glass doors) stocked with water, soda, milk, ice cream, and frozen dinners. You could cook frozen meals with the microwave in the hotel room and save money on eating out. Breakfast was awesome! Mini pizzas with eggs and bacon, sausages patties, fresh fruit, fruit juices, cereal (hot and cold), pastries, milk, coffee (different blends), tea bags, and cocoa packets. Nice swimming pool, too. We will definitely stay here again. All hotels are non-smoking!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family