“Wyoming”

Hampton Inn Rawlins
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Rawlins
Reviewed October 25, 2012

A very nice room ... and our small dog was welcome! This one finally has the shower idea (which we all seem to do when on the road) ... down ... a walk in without climbing into a bathtub. Breakfast was excellent. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mimisusan

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

New, clean, no fee for pet and excellent breakfast. I would stay at this Hampton Inn again. The service was excellent and lots of parking spaces.

I don't understand why trip advisor requires a 200+ character review if I am able to succinctly describe with less.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Denise S
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Convenient to the Interstate. Large room that was spotless. Comfortable bed and good shower. The only problem was a rather surly morning room clerk. I would stay here again. The motel also accepts dogs, which is essential for our family.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Fisherman01Colorado
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We checked in on Sept 22nd for one night. Lobby was very clean, front desk people were very nice and the room was spotless. We were very happy with Hampton Inn. The only thing we would have changed was the room we got was a handicap room and I didn't like that because I felt like if someone came in needing that kind of room, we had it. The front desk said they were booked and didn't have another room to put us in. I don't know if this was the hotel or the booking agents fault. It was not that big of a deal as long as no one needed that room. Thank you

1  Thank Jim R
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We were moving cross-country and stopped here for a night. We got in pretty late- around 11pm. When I went to the checkin desk, the woman looked scared and confused. She almost immediately called the manager who informed me that the hotel had "squatters" and that she was trying to find a room for us. She disappeared up the elevator and I was left to make small talk with the receptionist who assured me that we'd have a room. After about 10 minutes I asked if they really had a room and she said yes and I went out to our car to gather our bags. 10 minutes later I was back at the desk but no manager and no room and so we waited... and waited. About 20 minutes later I asked where the manager was. The clerk went upstairs to find her. When they came back it became clear that was, in fact, no room. My friend who was helping me move was irate. At this point it was well past midnight. They two employees just kind of looked at us like they didn't know what to do. Finally my friend said you need to call other hotels and find us a place to stay. A comedy of errors ensued where they were on hotel phones, cell phones and none of the numbers seemed to work which just made the employees more and more confused. Finally my friend found the number for the hotel across the street which had rooms and the manager drove across the street with us- u-haul in tow, and secured us a room. By 1:00am we were finally in a room. The new accommodation was nice, but come on, that manager knew the whole time there wasn't a room for us. Why the song and dance? What was she doing upstairs for an hour? If there are really squatters call the police. You knew we were coming so why not proactively book a room for us elsewhere?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jason M
Sara K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rawlins, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

I am very sorry for your experience. I am a bit confused and would love for you to email me if you could. sara.karstens@hilton.com. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I will be sure to resolve the issues that you had at my hotel.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stopped on our way from Jackson, WY to Estes Park, CO. It's an 8 hr drive and Rawlins is about half-way. From the moment you enter this Hampton Inn you feel welcome. The freshly baked cookies, coffee, tea and the daily newspaper await you in the modern, well-furnished Lobby. Baskets of fresh fruit are also available. The Staff is friendly and accommodating. When I asked if the vending machine had laundry detergent, the front desk personnel gave me a box of detergent FREE. Nice touch. Our king size room was spacious and immaculate. The room was large enough for the king bed, a desk, two night tables, TV, and a microwave. Someone was always cleaning and sprucing up the property. Hats off to this Hampton Inn. It's a winner.

1  Thank Mountaingirl2501
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed for a one night stopover at the Hampton in Rawlins, driving to Jackson. Clearly a new property the lobby and public areas are attractive and give a very good first impression, as did the friendliness of the people on reception. The room was very spacious and well equipped as was the bathroom. Wifi was free but a bit slow. Breakfast the norm for Hamptons and Homewood Suites, the hot food dull but toast and bagels etc fill the gap, But the breakfast room is definitely above the norm for these hotels.
The excellent service continued throughout our stay and after. A bulb in the bathroom failed in the evening and when we got back after dinner had been fixed despite the late hour. Then when the next day I found I had left a jacket in the wardrobe, a call had the jacket delivered to me by Fedex without fuss. Great service!

Room Tip: Good Thai restaurant, Anongs, down town, which makes a nice change.