“One individual made all the difference.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Powell

Super 8 Powell
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Powell
“One individual made all the difference.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Sunday Sept 18th, we booked online, the front desk (I think her name was Michelle) went above and beyond to make our short stay very enjoyable. She had coffee ready a bit early knowing that we were scheduled to checkout quite early in the morning. Overall, a good super 8 that was made special by a super nice person. She should be recognized appropriately.

• Stayed September 2012
April D, Manager at Super 8 Powell, responded to this review, December 20, 2016
Thank you for your kind words. Please come back and visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Nataligh1234
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

This was a very odd place. The location isn't bad since we went up into Montana to get into Yellowstone, but the whole place is just oddly decorated. Our room was clean, and breakfast was nice and also clean. I guess it wasnt bad for a night or two stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Bingley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed here as a convenient jumping off point for Yellowstone Park (about 90 minutes away). Staff were friendly, and rooms adequate - smallish, but sufficient. Pricing is fine, and breakfast limited but reasonable. Only noise came from the railroad tracks across the road (loud horn around midnight). Laundry on site is useful :)

Room Tip: Get a room at the back if you can
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Greater Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

The building looks nice and the desk clerk was friendly, room was clean, but it's not that great a hotel for the price. Pool is VERY small, suite room was very tight (3 beds crammed into a room meant for two), and not enough electrical outlets. One corner of our room had a coffee maker and a floor lamp with no outlet to plug them into. Had to stretch those cords into the bathroom and use the razor outlet. Shower pipes were installed reversed so hot meant cold and vice versa. Wifi forced you to view spam before you could use it. Had to answer some random survey or watch commercials before the wifi worked, and even then the survey froze preventing the wifi from even starting. Worked for a while and then forced me back to the spam surveys where it froze again. Spam wifi is not free wifi. If you need wifi for a business stay, don't come here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
April D, Manager at Super 8 Powell, responded to this review, December 20, 2016
I am so sorry about how your stay was. The hotel is now under new management and the Room linens are done daily. Please come back and give us another try.

Travelers are raving about these Powell hotels

OLYMPIA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

low price=low quality in this case. you might be better srved in cody powell seems to hace limited options

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Eastlake, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed here on 6-26-2012. The table had sticky rings on it. The toilet bowl was disgusting. The tub was black with dirt. BUT the worst thing was that after taking time to get my ill daughter to sleep, I pulled back my sheets to find they were covered with pubic hair. It was after 11 and I could not wake my ill sleeping child so we slept on the top sheets. THIS HOTEL IS DISGUSTING. They basically have no maid staff.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank RomenHoliday
Furore, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

It must be hard to find good help in a small town like Powell, WY. The comforters are washed once a month and the blanket on your bed not much more often. My sheets had blood dot stains, there was mold in my shower, my toilet had bm in it at checkin and the chair i sat in for breakfast was covered with what looked like week old dry gravy. When I said something to the manager I heard her snickering to another employee that this is not a high end hotel. I make in a day and a half what a stay there cost and I expected more. When I stay in any hotel I want to feel like no one has stayed there before me. The service was superficial and must be the only pride of the hotel because the place is very dirty. I had to stay extended for business and would get to breakfast well before the hotels 9oclock breakfast cut off time but there was not much to pick from after the rest of the hotel made their way through. The front desk staff did not keep up on the breakfast area during breakfast so if someone spilled the milk earlier I got to deal with it dry and crusty. It is just disappointing that visible standards are so low. It makes me wonder what is going on behind the scenes. I am writing because my company is sending me to the same area again this year and was about to book me here. I said no. I never again want to cuddle up with a hotel blanket for a week only to look under it and find hard dried stains on it from whomever before. When I asked and they said they don't wash them after every customer, I was done with my stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Chris E
April D, Manager at Super 8 Powell, responded to this review, December 20, 2016
Also consider these accommodations in or near Powell
Americas Best Value Inn Powell
Cody Legacy Inn
Cody Legacy Inn
#10 of 29 in Cody
Buffalo Bill Cabin Village

Been to Super 8 Powell? Share your experiences!