“DIRTY SHEETS”
Review of Super 8 Powell

Super 8 Powell
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Powell
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed here on 6-26-2012. The table had sticky rings on it. The toilet bowl was disgusting. The tub was black with dirt. BUT the worst thing was that after taking time to get my ill daughter to sleep, I pulled back my sheets to find they were covered with pubic hair. It was after 11 and I could not wake my ill sleeping child so we slept on the top sheets. THIS HOTEL IS DISGUSTING. They basically have no maid staff.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
2  Thank RomenHoliday
April D, Manager at Super 8 Powell, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2016

I am so sorry about how your stay was. The hotel is now under new management and the Room linens are done daily. Please come back and give us another try.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

It must be hard to find good help in a small town like Powell, WY. The comforters are washed once a month and the blanket on your bed not much more often. My sheets had blood dot stains, there was mold in my shower, my toilet had bm in it at checkin and the chair i sat in for breakfast was covered with what looked like week old dry gravy. When I said something to the manager I heard her snickering to another employee that this is not a high end hotel. I make in a day and a half what a stay there cost and I expected more. When I stay in any hotel I want to feel like no one has stayed there before me. The service was superficial and must be the only pride of the hotel because the place is very dirty. I had to stay extended for business and would get to breakfast well before the hotels 9oclock breakfast cut off time but there was not much to pick from after the rest of the hotel made their way through. The front desk staff did not keep up on the breakfast area during breakfast so if someone spilled the milk earlier I got to deal with it dry and crusty. It is just disappointing that visible standards are so low. It makes me wonder what is going on behind the scenes. I am writing because my company is sending me to the same area again this year and was about to book me here. I said no. I never again want to cuddle up with a hotel blanket for a week only to look under it and find hard dried stains on it from whomever before. When I asked and they said they don't wash them after every customer, I was done with my stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Chris E

Reviewed July 3, 2012

The room itself was decorated in western motif, however, it did not appear to be very clean. There was an ant trap on the floor in plain sight and the bathroom cleanliness was questionable. The sink and counter were outside of the bathroom and the area was too small even for a child. It is worn and dated.The breakfast was non-existent so we left and found a really great little restaurant. Drive to Cody.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

We have changed a lot since your last visit so please come back and see us again

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Veryy clean. Comfortable beds. Great place to stay for a night without the high price. Reasonable breakfast. Very cute decorations.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed June 25, 2012

The hotel exceeded our expectations for a small town. The room was nice and clean but the breakfast was meager compared to other hotels we have stayed in. It was without eggs or waffles, only cereal and sausage gravy with biscuits. The pool is rather small but fine.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

My husband and I were in Powell to watch a basketball tournament. We asked for a late check out time because the last game was at 7:30 PM. They were MORE THAN accommodating! They said that they would have their housekeeping staff do our room last and that we were welcome to stay as long as we wanted! The breakfast area was great. They have a sitting/reading room too. The room/bed was really nice for a Super 8. If we had anything at all to complain about . . . it might be that the walls are a little thin. It was sort of noisy, but not after ten o'clock. Overall, we were treated so well, and it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed October 8, 2011

Room was clean. Breakfast OK. Nice staff. Close to Yellowstone and cheaper than Cody's hotel prices.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Also consider these accommodations in or near Powell
Americas Best Value Inn Powell
Best Western Premier Ivy Inn & Suites
A Western Rose Motel
A Western Rose Motel
#10 of 29 in Cody

Been to Super 8 Powell? Share your experiences!