“Typical hotel, EXPENSIVE for what you get.”

Best Western Pinedale Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Pinedale
Portland, Oregon
“Typical hotel, EXPENSIVE for what you get.”
Reviewed November 6, 2010

I ended up staying here unplanned on a road trip on the way to meet a business contact. They only had what they called a Suite available and charged 145 or so for it. First of all I stay at hotels all over the US, even more on the west for work and this was NOT a suite by any means. It was two beds and a microwave and a fridge. I see rooms just like this and nicer that go for half as much.

They claimed they hand Internet, it never worked on any of the three devices I tried it on.

I got in late and the housekeeping staff was making all sorts of noise pretty early in the morning which woke me up.

Breakfast ends early. Not too useful.

Would not stay here again, I emailed customer service with my complaints and they never even called me back. Bad customer service.

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Virginia
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Good Best Western, almost new. Friendly staff. Everything was fine except the dryers in the laundry room didn't get our stuff dry, needed maintenance on their vents. Otherwise, a nice place.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Colchester, Connecticut
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Pinedale is a quiet town with not alot going on. The Inn was clean, comfortable and had very accomodating staff. The woman cleaning the pool turned the heater up a bit when we told her we liked the pool warm. Nice scenic drives in te area

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Vancouver, WA
Reviewed December 7, 2009

Nice clean room, good service, satisfactory breakfast. Next time I won't forget my swim suit.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
montana
Reviewed October 29, 2008

OK motel , lovely area.

Typical BW room, comfortable, clean, expensive, good breakfast offered.

Pinedale is full of gas field workers and rigs with resultant traffic and congestion , but is the epidemy of Wyoming- huge vistas surrounded by mountains, nice folks.

• Liked — it was in Pinedale
  • Disliked — expensive. no wireless internet
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank rdweary
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2008

Travelling down Highway 89 from Yellowstone National Park, there are not a lot of options for accommodation. We went a couple of miles past the south junction of Highway 89 into Pinedale as we thought there would be more options there,
we hadn't pre-booked as we didn't know where we would be for this night.

Spotting the BW my friend and I went to enquire if there was a vacancy. We both heard the rate and agreed to take two rooms.
On checking our receipt we found out we had misheard the rate. We both had heard $49.95 which we thought cheap, but it was in fact $149.95 which we thought very expensive for a small town BW.

Our room was the usual standard BW, two beds (which were very comfortable), tv, clean and plenty of towels and toiletries. Our friends room however, was not made up, so we had to go back to the lobby for another room. This one was further down the hall and they had very noisy neighbours, so they weren't impressed.

Complimentary breakfast was included in the rate and this consisted of cereal, juice, toast, muffins, fruit, coffee, tea etc. Free internet access is available in the lobby.

As it was Sunday a lot of restaurants were closed, but the checkin lady recommended the Stockyard just down the road in town and we enjoyed a good meal there - although the service was slow as thety were busy.

• Disliked — Price
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
Wyoming
Reviewed February 13, 2008

I have stayed at the Best Western in Pinedale many times; however, I don't think that I'll be staying there again. Don't get me wrong. The rooms are decent enough, they have a swimming pool, and the continental breakfast is not bad. It's just that their customer service is a little lacking. Allow me to explain my most recent problem.

I travel to Pinedale about once a month for work. I've always stayed at the Best Western. For my last trip, I booked two rooms (one for myself and one for a co-worker) through a well-known travel website. When I booked the rooms, the cancellation policy stated that I had to call the hotel by 4:00 PM on the day before my arrival to cancel the rooms or I had to pay the full rate for one night. Unfortunately, I had to cancel my trip due to bad weather. I called the hotel at about 3:55 PM on the day before my arrival to cancel both of the rooms. However, I was put on hold while the desk clerk. By the time the clerk picked up the phone, it was after 4:00 PM.

The clerk recognized that my reservation should be cancelled with no consequence. However, since it was past 4:00 PM, the computer system had already locked the reservation and a manager was required to unlock the reservation. The manager had already left for the day and I was told that the manager would call me in the morning.

The manager did call, but refused to cancel my reservation telling me that I had not met their cancellation policies (even though I did meet their cancellation policies - barely) and that I would be charged the one night penalty. I tried reasoning with the manager telling him that I had stayed at the hotel before and I had plans to stay there in the future, but the manager would have none of it. As such, I will not be staying at this place again.

To be fair, the hotel itself is a decent place. Pinedale is an expensive city to find a room in. The Best Western does a decent job at giving you a decent room at only a slightly expensive rate.

• Liked — The swimming pool
  • Disliked — Customer service
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank flyfishing11