“Power outage”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Pinedale
Rock Springs, Wyoming
“Power outage”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Power went out at 1 AM and never came back on. Was denied any reimbersement. They claim it was a county issue and not the motel, and that it was a discounted room because it was booked online. Won't stay here ever again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CindyBS7023BY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dubuque, Iowa, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had been in Jacksonhole, WY after exploring Grand Teton National Park. Hotels were rather expensive in the Jacksonhole area. We chose to drive approximately an hour and a half to this location as we were headed east anyhow. The room we had was in a new addition. It was probably one of the nicest, cleanest and newest rooms we had on entire trip. Décor seemed mismatched-but it still a nice room. Breakfast was the best of all the hotels we had been too also. Hot eggs, waffles, bacon, cereal, juice, milk, and coffee were several of the highlights. We did not get to use the pool area.

WEST VALLEY CITY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

This motel was pretty plain outside and just mediocre in our room. The pool and hot tub were nice and our favorite part of our stay was the great breakfast. It was pricey but all of the motels were pricey in this little town.

San Jose, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed there twice. The first time was in room 203. Two lightbulbs were burned out. I brought them down to the front desk and an hour later someone showed up with replacements. Not serious in itself, but it should have been a warning sign about the facility's operational deficiencies. One lightbulb is a coincidence; two suggests no one's paying attention.

The second stay began and ended (there's a story there) a couple of days later in room 201. The air conditioning did not work. You could set it as low as 60 degrees (which is where I ended up after starting at 75) and it would run for two minutes, shut off, and not resume for a long time. The room was incredibly stuffy as a result. I would have run it on the fan setting, but none existed.

The front desk clerk, who obviously had had similar complaints before, told me to run the heat first and then switch to a/c and it might work. I tried this but no cigar.

The front desk clerk told me that the hotel's maintenance man was on vacation. At the height of summer that seemed like an odd time to have no one around.

So I asked to switch rooms and was sent to room 122, whose a/c also did not work, and did not work in exactly the same fashion as the a/c in room 201. Back to room 201 I went. I decided I would just leave the window open and not worry about anyone climbing in. It was just as well not to worry, because I discovered the window locks were missing! Although Pinedale is not a hotbed of crime, you'd think window locks are basic to security. I mentioned this to the front desk clerk. She apologized.

Apparently someone took my complaint about the nonfunctional a/c seriously enough, I will admit, because a maintenance man showed up in the morning and knocked on my door even though I had the do not disturb sign in place and was trying to sleep.

The only thing that stops me from giving this motel a one-dot rating is that the wi-fi worked and the hot breakfast was quite good. But I'd stay well away from it if I ever return to Pinedale. Something is seriously wrong there.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor. Who knows if your first-floor room will have window locks!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mtnbiker2
Hayden Lake, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

The tone is set by the airlock security entrance to this hotel. Impossible to roll your bags through the two offset doors, but if you try to use the entrances at the ends of the building you have to thread a very tough course around an oddly disconnected set of sidewalks. Room is basic and clean. Breakfast was one of the worst I have ever had at a BW. Food ran out, no one was attending the tables, which never got wiped down between customers, and the sausage was inedible. Stay here if you have no other choices or want the BW points only.

Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Things were OK here until sometime after midnight... when the fire alarm went off accompanied by in-room strobe light. I arose quickly and after brief investigation determined it was a FALSE ALARM. I got back to sleep only to be awakened AT LEAST FIVE MORE TIMES by additional false alarms. I don't think there is any plausible excuse for this ... if it's not working - shut the [--] off and have a night watchman patrol for fires until morning.

After a horrible night, I asked the AM receptionist about this and she apologized and said the best she could offer was a 10% discount on the room rate. Ummmmmmmm thanks, but had I known I'd have saved 100% ... I'd rather have slept in the parking lot.

Two follow-up e-mails with (local) hotel management and BW corporate management did not result in any additional accommodation other than the promise that:

"I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience."

Really?
No, I don't think I want to risk it....
I'll be avoiding this hotel in the future, and while I realize that BW "branded" hotels are independently owned and operated, my opinion of BW has been diminished as a result of this experience.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank James W
Sarasota, FL, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Nice clean room. Easy check-in. Comfortable bed. Fast WiFi internet and a good breakfast. This is a nice hotel to stay in on the way to or from the National Parks in NW Wyoming. There is no elevator, however there are only two floors and for those who are visiting Wyoming, most likely you are healthy enough to walk up one flight of stairs. The breakfast was nicely laid out and an attendant was there making sure everything was stocked and clean for a full breakfast crowd. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to the area.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western