“Hospitable, clean and affordable”

The Log Cabin Motel
Ranked #1 of 10 Pinedale B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed three weeks and very comfortable in my cabin. Owners are very accommodating and friendly. Very clean and peaceful. Great location. Can walk into town. Off the main road and quiet. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Stayed in cabin 10. Spacious and full function kitchen. Nicely decorated
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paula A
Sofia W, Owner at The Log Cabin Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Hi Paula, Thanks again for staying with us for several weeks. Our weekly winter rates are the best in town - we are grateful for all visitors coming our way in the deep winters of Wyoming. Maybe it inspired you to make Western Wyoming your home in the near future. Let us know if we can be of service again! Your LCMotel team

Reviewed January 14, 2014

The Log Cabin Motel is a cluster of remodeled historic cabins. Immaculate kitchenettes, comfy beds and comforters make this a perfect place to stay for one night or for one week or longer. For an authentic Wyoming experience I highly recommend The Log Cabin Motel. Did I mention how great the staff is?

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank FamilyO4_10

Dear Maggie, We truly appreciated you staying with us, and letting us know that you enjoyed your stay! How great to attend the race of your daughter and seeing her shine with each cross country race. Winter in Western Wyoming has its own attractions, and all of us living here know the sweet spots! Hope to see you soon again, Forest and Sofia

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I very much enjoyed my stay through the holidays@ the Log Cabin Motel so much that I decided to relocate to Pinedale. Alma the property mgr was very kind and helpful with all of my needs. My cabin was clean and very comfortable. I would highly suggest to anyone who is considering coming to Pinedale, Wy. to stay @ The Log Cabin Motel!

Walter and Tina Cole

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sofia W, Owner at The Log Cabin Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Tina and Walt, we enjoyed getting to know you during your month-long stay at our Motel. It is the perfect base for relocating, for getting to know our area, or for a one-night stop on the way to your destination. We are in down-town Pinedale, and all amenities are right on your finger-tips. We wish you well in finding a new home in our town, and will see you around! Sofia, Forest and our manager-in-residence Alma

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We stopped by the log cabin motel for overnight in Pinedale on our way to my daughters new job. We decided to try the historic motel , wanting to feel the true Wyoming experience . We are sop pleased that we did. The log cabin motel was so cute, cozy and affordable . We had a warm cabin with a full kitchen . Very clean .Easy to access cabins . Alma was very friendly and helpful. Making us very comfortable and happy. Don't pass this place by without stopping at least for a night you will fall in love like we have. Hope to get back this way again for longer next time.

Room Tip: number 3 is awesome
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

So happy to hear that you found us on the way to your daughters new job. These historic cabins are authentic and have the charm of the first drive-in Motel in Pinedale from times gone by. For 85 years, the Log Cabin Motel was a lodging facility, first with a bath house, and now with individual log cabins who have kitchens and baths, sleeping up to 5 guests. We hope you can plan a longer stay this summer - it is gorgeous here when wildflowers bloom and the mountains call. Greetings!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Alma had the cabin warm and toasty before I even arrived (freezing cold night!). The cabin was immaculate and very cozy. I loved every bit of it, and was very comfortable. With free internet and free satellite, you couldn't ask for a better place to stay with such reasonable prices. Though simple, it has everything you need to enjoy your stay, feel clean, and enjoy the beauty that is here in Pinedale. They also included in a binder activities, local restaurants, and drives that you can enjoy while here, with great details. I couldn't have felt more welcome.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Katie, thanks for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying in one of our historic cabins - we are going to celebrate 85 years this summer! We have the best rates in town during the cold season, and with all the many upgrades we made, the cabins are extremely cozy and warm with down comforters and flannel sheets. Let us know of your travels bring you back to Pinedale! Kindly, Sofia

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I drive semi truck cross country. The night before thanksgiving my bunk heater went on the blink and I didn't want to freeze to death in the night. I first stopped at high country suites the first hotel I saw . When the clerk told me the price for a single room for the night . I knew I was in trouble , since I don't make that kind of cash in a day even maybe even two days.The clerk said that she would call the Log cabin motel and see if they had any rooms open for a cheaper rate. but since it was 2 am I might be out of luck . I asked to please try . She came back telling me that the manager of the log cabin motel said that she had a nice warm cozy cabin for only $59.00 plus tax and she even would allow my dog also. I said I would take it . The manager named Alma said that she would be in the office waiting for me . Also she would go turn up the heat in the cabin and leave a light on for me. WOW ! What a lady doing that at 2 am in the freezing cold night. I found the motel very easily located just of the main drag , alma was true to her word welcoming me to the log cabin motel , as I was checking in she asked me when I had to leave tomorrow ? I told her I have 34 hours off so no hurry leaving tomorrow. she smiled and ask me if I would like to join her and her husband Kevin for thanksgiving dinner at her house which is behind the office. I told her I would love to come. as we walked to my cabin she asked if her husband could follow me over to a good safe place she knows that would allow me to park my semi truck so my reefer unit on the trailer would disturb the surrounding neighbors. Kevin bought me back in the motel and said he would knock on my door when the food was on the table. the cabin was very cozy and warm . Nice comfy bed , very clean and well stocked with all the things I need to prepare my clam chowder and coffee in the morning. nice clean bathroom with lots of hot water. Slept like a rock that night , waking up around noon . Kevin was at my door about an hour later telling me I was welcome to come over anytime. when I got there the house was full of other guest who could go home for the holiday because of work or didn't have any place to go. What a very nice thing for these two people to do for all of us. The food was great and the company delightful. I totally recommend this lovely truckers dream in the small town of Pinedale Wyoming . Well I returned to my cabin with a full happy belly and a warm heart knowing that there is still people in the world that go way out of there way to give other people a very thankful thanksgiving this year . At least they did mine. Thank you for the good food, great cabin, and friendly welcome I got from the delightful staff there , Alma said that she hoped I enjoyed my cabin and would give me a ride to my truck whenever I was ready. I thanked her for the enjoyable holiday and I will be back as soon as I can that's for sure. You will have a great time here , stay a night or two you will see that I am right. Thank you Alma and Kevin god bless !

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank randall m

Randall: how delightful to hear about your Thanksgiving adventure in Pinedale, and we are very happy we were of true service to you. We supported Alma and Kevin to prepare a turkey meal for all customers who happened to stay with us over the holiday giving thanks to customers like you who make our business a success.Hope to see you again! Sofia, Forest and Alma at the Log Cabin Motel

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed at the lovely log cabin motel while we were hunting in the pinedale area. The first night i locked myself out of my awesome cabin at 3 am . I thought the manager was gonna really let me have it ringing her bell at that time , but i had no choice but to wake her up . In less then 2 or 3 minutes alma answered the door with a very nice smile telling me it was no problem at all ! Never worry about ringing the bell at night . Thats why shes there is to make sure we have the best service possible here at the log cabin motel. Our room was cleaned everyday and the heat was turned up with a light on in our cabin as we arrived that first night. Alma is always there with a very welcoming smile. Thanks for making our trip this year the best in ten years , even though we struck out hunting. Dont pass up the chance to stay here unless you like paying too much for a chain motel room with rude staff then this is not a place for you. See you again alma for sure! Thank you ! Steve A.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Crazyhunterhere
Sofia W, Owner at The Log Cabin Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Hi Steve, we are so happy to have found Alma, our manager-in-residence. She is on-site to be of service - even in the middle of the night when someone needs assistance like you. We love to hear about it- thanks for taking the time and giving some praise to our manager. Its great to know that our customer's experience is great when staying with us in our small gem out West. We hope to seeing you soon again! Sofia, Forest and Alma - your staff at the Log Cabin Motel