“very nice historic cabins”

The Log Cabin Motel
Ranked #1 of 10 Pinedale B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Switzerland
“very nice historic cabins”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

in town of pinedale, near mainstreet, but in a quiet setting. very nice cabins. clean and charming. the hosts take really care of the buildings, which where built in 1929. the cabins have all services needed. including wifi access, tv, heating, kitchenet and fridge. we can only recommend this cabins for any kind of stay in pinedale. pinedale is also a perfect stay to discover the surrounding nature hiking trails and canyons.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank silvio g

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed September 29, 2012

There is a ton of stuff I could say about my time in Pinedale last June. My family and friends and I took over the whole place for my wedding weekend! The "Honeymoon cabin" was cozy and perfect! The accommodations were just what we were looking for. We all stayed within shouting distance of each other and no one minded that we stayed up to late and were a little rowdy. The staff at the cabins were fabulous and hospitable. The delicious homemade bread left in our cabin was the best especially to a hungry bride who didn't eat that much due to the events of the day. Sophia and Forest thank you so much for all your hospitality, we will be back next summer as two of my guests and life long friends are getting married in July!

Room Tip: The cabins had soft comfy beds, and small kitchenettes. Warm, quaint cozy accommodations in a super...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kristina H
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We booked one of the 5 person cabins for 2 nights last week. There were only 3 of us and we were very comfortable. The cabin had been up dated with new bath fixtures, stove and refrigerator. The beds were quite comfortable and even had down comforters. The cabin was small but provide everything you might need down to pots and pans and BBQ's outside. They provided organic soaps and even had recycle bins in the room! Sophia and Forest were great (he's a baker and his bread is stupendous!). The Farmer's Market is on Thursday evening. The grounds are very well maintained and the flowers were gorgeous. My only regret was that we couldn't stay a week. There's so much to see and do and not nearly enough time to relax on the front porch! We'll definitely go back and will refer our friends and family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank TirzahWolf
Saranac Lake, NY, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I would recommend this motel to anyone looking for comfort, atmosphere, and a staff who knows a lot about hiking, boating, and generally enjoying one's self in the region. I stayed at this motel the entire summer while working in Pinedale, and during this time I stayed in three of these cabins and was very pleased with each of them. Each cabin definitely has its own unique history and character. Many of the cabins have porches to sit and relax, with charcoal grills for use (where many of my summer afternoons were spent!) The owners are exceptional people whom I had the pleasure of getting to know over the summer, and they will supply you with just about anything you need (including homemade bread if you're lucky!) None of the other hotels in town compare; you won't be disappointed with the Log Cabin.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Josh__P____12_12
being2012, Owner at The Log Cabin Motel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
It was great to have had you for the summer. The adventures that you enjoyed around your work schedule were inspiring. I thought it was pretty great visiting you and your co-workers on the porch when I was out watering flowers, as you always had a cold bottle of Odell's Shilling 90 for me. I'll miss you guys this summer. Happy Trails!
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The cabins were all booked and our room was the efficiency guest room on the back of the owner's quarters. Wow was this room tiny!! It was very clean and very quaint but tiny. There were no luggage racks for our bags to sit on and when packing for a week space would have been nice. We were cold and found an electric heater in the closet space which worked to heat well. It was nice to see a nice small refrigerator/freezer in the room as well. We did find the bed softer than we are used to and we did roll together in the middle. It was a cool night to cuddle I guess!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alwaysgone_10
Colorado City, Colorado
Reviewed September 16, 2012

First, we like cabins and we know pretty much what to expect. The website on "The Log Cabin Motel" says these are historic cabins (true enough) that have been "updated" (an extreme exaggeration).

The bathroom (I use the word "room" loosely), like the cabins, was installed in 1929, and it appeared that almost nothing had been done to it. It consisted of a lone washstand, a pot and a shower made of some kind of paneling. The water temp turned out to be a crapshoot for both of our "as quick as possible" showers. Not even a small shelf had been installed so you could put anything down (eg., my saving kit).

The cabin was very small inside, so both double beds were pushed up against walls, which made it difficult to get off the covers, etc., The 50's era kitchen was marginally acceptable, but you couldn't use the word "updated" in your wildest imagination.

What concerned me most was the maze of wires that were plugged into hanging power strips, which seemed way overloaded. I think this is a potential disaster waiting to happen.

Sorry to burst the illusion cleverly created by the very well-done website. I honestly can't understand the positive tripadvisor reviews and I'm wondering if "The Logcabin Motel" is somehow gaming the system. Maybe our cabin was atypical.

BTW, there are many other places to stay in this town, some that aren't even listed on this website. So, I suggest you by-pass the "#2 Rated" Log Cabin Motel and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to stay, even if you like "rustic" cabins.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Err0l
being2012, Owner at The Log Cabin Motel, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
As owners of the Log Cabin Motel since 2006, we spend the better part of everyday at our Historic property. Every year we continue to upgrade and enhance our cabins and the service we provide our guests. We have also been in the lodging and hospitality business for over 20 years and know that despite our best efforts, we can't please everyone. We know our rating is justiified, as we strive to meet everyone of our guests and strive to make their stay with us and their experience of Sublette Couty comfortable, unique and memorable.
We really put our heart into this business and feel it is a part of ourselves. As our main season comes to an end and Fall is in the air, we notice that we are worn out a bit from the hard work it takes to provide exceptional service day in and day out, so a review like this is especially painful. All we can say to any potential guest who has read this review, is to take the time to decide if you really want a unique and cozy stay at a Historic property with personal service or something else.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I had the unfortunate experience of arriving home to realize i didn't have my bag of gifts I had been purchasing during my travels. After careful "re-tracing" of my steps, it occured to me that I might have left my bag of treaures in a dresser drawer in our cabin. I emailed the owners explaining my dilema. They responded immediately that my bag was indeed in the drawer as I had suspected. At their own time and expense, they mailed the bag to me the next day. So, not only are the cabins clean, cute and comfy, the service and caring nature of the owners is exceptional!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family