“Not quite...”

China Gourmet
Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Pinedale
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The restaurant is just lovely. It's well-appointed, nicely decorated, and very clean. Unfortunately, the Pad Thai was a COMPLETE miss. It was more like sweet and sour noodles. I have had super spicy Pad Thai and Pad Thai that is too 'fishy', but never have I had a sweet Pad Thai. Literally, it was the same bright red color as the sweet and sour sauce that came with my friend's egg rolls. Not really what I expected at all. As I am unable to eat gluten, this was the only readily available choice on the menu (note: Moo Goo Gai Pan was surprisingly not listed).

Still, my friend loved his food, so if you aren't on a heavily restricted diet this place may work for you. If you have celiac disease or are on a restricted diet, then this place is probably not your best choice.

PS-- Pinedale is a surprisingly beautiful little city that is well worth the visit!

2  Thank thebioarchaeologist

Reviewed April 8, 2014

great best chinese food,and thai food is really really good. service are nice. lettuce wrap chicken is best, so delicious .

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Really good, fresh Chinese in a small town. I usually get the vegetable fried rice and it is delicious! Can't complain!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I was skeptical - a Chinese place with a big moose statue out front?! But no, this place is GREAT. Portions are huge. The puupuu platter appetizer is a fun treat. That and one side would be plenty for 3-4 but we always order too much. Service is good to great. Always make a stop when in Pinedale.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

great fresh cooked food, very clean , lots of yummy choices. great location. very quick service and I will be back as often as I can.

Been to China Gourmet? Share your experiences!