“Cozy Creekside Retreat”
Review of Rivera Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pinedale
Rivera Lodge
Ranked #2 of 10 Pinedale B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Cozy Creekside Retreat”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed in one of the cabins along the creek at Rivera Lodge for a weekend of wedding festivities in nearby Merna. Emi is a warm and easygoing host and takes great care to maintain a peaceful and pleasant environment. She's also a font of knowledge about nearby hikes and lakes and the community of Pinedale and had we had more time I have no doubt she would've sent us on many an adventure. Her dog, Bird, barkless and friendly, made the lodge all the homier and breakfast (Sundays they serve pancakes along the creek) were delicious and fortifying for a day in the mountains. The cabins are cozy and rustic, as to be expected, but but the kitchen is fully stocked and the shower was great, essential after being outdoors all day. Good sleeping, too, as the creek's running water was a constant and soothing background music. It was just bliss. We didn't want to leave and we can't wait to return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jtc8z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is the third time I have stayed at Rivera and I cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Pinedale, or even in Jackson. The Rivera is the kind of place where it feels good to stay. It is a small business, one where you meet the owner. The accommodations are clean. The breakfast is hearty and tasty. The breakfast area encourages conversations with others. Chairs around the area call you to relax and enjoy simple things like gurgling creeks, crisp air, star-filled skies, quiet conversations. Windows and doors can be opened so you feel like a part of the great outdoors instead of cooped up inside. I am already looking forward to my next stay with Emi and Bird at the Rivera.

1 Thank Shelly E
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Five family members used Rivera Lodge as base camp to prepare for a 5-day llama trip into the Gros Ventre Wilderness, and we couldn't have found a more gracious hostess than Emi! She welcomed us, provided clean, comfortable cabins for three nights, and greeted us each morning with coffee and a freshly made breakfast with eggs, meat, fresh fruit bowl, yoghurt, sweet breads, and cereal. My husband and I delighted in being able to keep windows and door open each night, falling asleep under down comforters to the sound of the nearby creek. Emi and Rivera Lodge are the best in western hospitality!

2 Thank Barbara I
Basingstoke
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Sadly we only stopped off briefly at Rivera Lodge in Pinedale as we were on our way to Jackson from Moab. Lovely setting next to the river where we paddled in the refreshing water and barbecued our supper on the BBQ provided. Delicious pancakes for breakfast and a very comfortable night in the Cabin. Woudl love to return and explore the area more one day. Thanks Emi.

1 Thank Ben H
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My brother, sister-in-law, neice and her husband stayed for three nights in two cabins at Rivera Lodge and we loved our time there. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and provide so much more than a hotel room. The breakfast served by the owner, Emi, each morning was wonderful; the creek running behind the hotel provided a soothing lullaby each night; and the sighting one evening of a moose and her baby were special treats. Emi was so gracious and accommodating that you felt like a guest in her home, rather than a stranger passing by. If you are in the area, don't pass up the opportunity to stay here!

Room Tip: I would stay in any room on this property.
1 Thank Liz B
Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My wife and I were driving randomly during a vacation in Wyoming.We did not want to stay in Jackson so we drove on. We saw many cheap looking motels at the entrance to Pinedale, but soon later we encountered this unassuming bed and breakfest next to a rumbling creek. The owner (Emi) was extremely friendly and pleasant, the guests we encountered were raving about it. We spent one night in it. This place could not be rated by the number of stars it carries, however the experience was outstanding.
N&U

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank pnatwe
Sonora, California
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My son and I recently had the pleasure of returning to my hometown for a Class and Family Reunion. I was very pleased that we got to stay for a 2nd time at the Rivera Lodge. The owner Emi was prompt in returning my emails and advised that the cabin my Family stayed in 5 years ago happened to be available and she had remembered our stay, (which had only been 2 nts.) This time we got to stay for 6nts and loved every minute of it. The only down part was we were so busy we didn't get to just relax and enjoy staying there. Emi is a wonderful hostess and cooks the best breakfasts for you right in her kitchen. She and her adorable companion Bird are very knowledgeable about the area, and I should know, I grew up there. I would highly reccommend a stay here. Pinecreek is right outside the back side of the Lodge and with the windows open at night, you listen to the flowing glacier lake water lull you to sleep. thanks Emi & Bird

Room Tip: For those of you that enjoy walking, the Lodge is just a short distance away from two city parks and...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family