All reviews grand tetons red fox saloon small kitchen gas station sleeper sofa two queen beds hot tub living room jackson hole great cabin south entrance yellowstone park out of the way beautiful area pots and pans national forest togwotee pass
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I stayed in one of the cabins and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. The food in the restaurant was not too expensive but tasty and portion sizes were generous. The kitchen does lack a freezer, but has a small refrigerator. Ice is available at the lodge. It is quite a trip to go to the parks, but not as far as staying in Jackson would have been. Unless you want to travel back to Dubois or to Jackson for groceries, you will pay a premium, so stop on the way to the lodge to get what you need. The staff actually replace the coffee used each day, so you have Starbucks coffee and hot chocolate provided. Shower gel, shampoo, lotion and conditioner are in dispensers in the shower and by the sink. Everything worked, the cabin was in great shape and dishes and pots and pans were available for my use. Overall it was a great visit. I would suggest you check their website for specials before you book. I got a night free after staying two nights.

2  Thank jean5608
Reviewed September 23, 2010

We recently stayed at Togwotee Mountain Lodge and were very impressed. Our cabin was lovely, clean, welll stocked with dishes, cutlery, pots and pans, etc. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was very clean and the shower was great! We chose the Lodge from the Internet and were pleasantly surprised - it exceeded our expectations and we thoroughly enjoyed our four-day stay. The location between Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, was convenient to them both. And we took a scenic river raft ride with Signal Mountain. Our guide, Mark, was terrific. We'd do it all again in a minute! .

1  Thank Mauivisitor60
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Absolutely wonderful...This is a vacation spot best suited for couples or families that are into the wilderness. I would not recomend it for people with small children. I would recomend it for lovers of animals and wilderness. It is secluded and very quiet. My wife and I went in Sept. and we had a blast! The cabin was cozy, basic equipment for cooking. Fireplace was always stocked with wood. It was always clean and comfortable. Restaurant was very good, wonderful food and the whole staff was pleasant and helpfull. It is remote...you will spend about an hour to get to Jackson and Teton Nat'l Park or Yellowstone but it is pretty near smack in the middle of both. That was one of the things the wife and I were looking for...solitude, removal from the everyday hustle and bustle of the modern world. Don't get me wrong this place is first class just a little off the beaten path. We used the hot tubs after long days of hiking, ate in the restaurant for dinners and breakfast (pub was closed for season so I can't comment on it) gassed up before we headed out, they also have a small convenience store and you can get nice boxed lunches for day excursions. The staff was knowledgable and helpfull and anything we found to be broken (a hair dryer in this instance) was fixed immediately. We cannot wait to go back!! Great Job and a many thanks to the wonderful staff at the Togwotee Lodge.

2  Thank silverback67
Reviewed September 6, 2010

I took a gamble after reading the reviews on here because of the location and price, and I am so glad I did! We arrived very late because of poor planning and well...kids, so we called knowing that the office closes and they left a envelope with our key and info (along with others that were arriving late), we were very pleased with our little cabin. It was clean and had everything we needed for our stay.
The furniture and bedding was exactly what I would have picked out if we had a cozy cabin in the woods, all wood and comfy blankies and comforters not those stiff hotel bedspreads.The bathroom was clean with a stack of fluffy towels and things you usually don't find in a hotel I thought was nice like q-tips and mouthwash. The kitchen was well stocked and perfect for us, we cooked a couple meals and packed our lunches for the days in the parks, they had cable/satellite which was great for my toddler when we were busy trying to get other stuff together.
It is right off of a main road which is nice for accessibility but back off the road and into the trees far enough you don't feel so close. The cabins are somewhat close together but the whole time we were there I think we seen one other person. We went during hump season so the restaurant was closed and gas station/store had just opened and was pretty empty. I understand the mixed reviews of the staff, when we were on our way we spoke to a younger "kid" who wasn't much help but the rest of the staff we dealt with were very kind, helpful and knowledgeable. Just make sure you call the front desk number to get better directions BEFORE you leave if you aren't familiar with the area mapquest and our GPS were about worthless. For us this was the best choice we made on our vaca across country and we will be back again!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank nicolechatel
Reviewed August 21, 2010

Very nice cabins and a goodbreakfast for an extra cost and it would've been better value if we had four in a cabin but you pay a premium for being within an hour of yellowstone and the tetons.
Dinner was ok but the bar was good and had a pool table.
The shop is badly stocked and expensive so if you want to use your kitchen stock up in Jackson.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple