All reviewsgrand tetonsred fox saloonsmall kitchengas stationsleeper sofatwo queen bedshot tubliving roomjackson holegreat cabinsouth entranceyellowstone parkout of the waybeautiful areapots and pansnational foresttogwotee pass
Reviewed August 22, 2008

"What a Dump"!!!!!! The pictures look so nice on the website but the fact is, they are "OLD ROOMS", in desperate need of updating. I stayed there for 3 nights only because every where I checked was booked solid and I thought I had found a great place with availability. They HAD AVAILABILITY only because Nobody would want to stay there. When I asked about their rate, which was pretty high to begin with, she said she "might have a special rate right now", she then lowered the rate per night by $50 a night, I was very happy. But what I didn't know was WHY she dropped the rate. They couldn't book any other guests because the place is so rundown and is being run by idiots.

I've filed my complaint with the manager, Joe Golightly and haven't heard anything back as of yet. It seems like the kind of place where they really don't care, they will suck some other people in and continue to lie about their accommodations and post fake pictures on their website.

Oh and last by certainly NOT LEAST.....they failed to inform us that the main highway to the lodge was closed for periods of time. We would have to wait for an escort (construction worker) to drive with us for 5 or so miles, what a joke!! Even in the morning, when you want to get going, all the cars were lined up, waiting for the escort car. Our last night there, we waited at midnight for ONE WHOLE HOUR for the escort.

Do your self a favor and STAY AWAY FROM TOGWOTEE LODGE!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank karmar5666
Reviewed August 19, 2008

We recently spent just one night at Togwotee Lodge while passing through the Grand Teton NP area. Our stay was not a pleasant experience. Prospective guests should be warned about the extensive road construction that is going on right outside the lodge...all night! The blinking of the construction lights and the clattering of construction equipment does not make for a good night's rest.
While the staff was friendly enough and the rooms older but clean, the place is NOT worth the price they are charging. The restaurant was, at best, average and the whole "resort" at bit shop worn.
On the plus side, it appeared (we didn't participate) that the lodge has good recreational activities for families. Also, the location is spectacular BUT is not very close to Grand Teton and Yellowstone. The drive is made even longer (and less scenic) by the current construction.
If you're traveling to this area and are tempted to stay here.. call and check the status of the road construction first!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank TahoeDon
Reviewed August 7, 2008

We stayed three nights at Togwotee Mountain Lodge recently. Although we loved the area and plan to return to Teton and Yellowstone, we absolutely will not be staying here again. Proximity to the park is not as advertised...it takes at least 45 minutes to get to the entrance, and the road is steep and a little scary, especially right now because of construction and at night.

The room was large but not very clean, the beds were not comfortable, sheets and towels were tired and worn. Food in the dining room was acceptable for breakfast if you like cereal and toast, but otherwise, plan to eat elsewhere. Front desk staff was cheerful but not helpful, and when we got our bill I noticed there was an extra $8.95 "service charge" per night. When I inquired about it, I was told that it was "some kind of gratuity for the seasonal help." Whatever.

The place wasn't terrible, and because we spent from early morning until almost dark hiking, rafting and enjoying the area, Togwotee was jus a place to shower and sleep. But if you are planning a trip, I would highly reccommend showering and sleeping someplace else!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wolfwatchers
Reviewed July 15, 2008

This is a nice lodge with nice cabins which would be nice in the winter but it isn't anything special in the summer.

The staff is friendly but consists of young college kids who tend to be inexperienced.

The hotel restaurant is over priced. Good food but small quantities. The atmosphere is that of a country lodge where you would expect hearty portions but that is not to be. Note that the cabins have a small kitchenette allowing you to fix simple meals for yourself.

It is a two hour drive to Old Faithful and a two hour drive back.

You will be hit with unexpected charges on your bill including a nebulous "Service Charge" and the questionable "Friends of the Forest" charge. You should add 12% to the quoted price to account for taxes and these fees.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank BHunsaker
Reviewed July 13, 2008

First the positives. We took a trail ride, which was the highlight of Togwotee; the horses were well trained, the guide was delightful and the scenery was awesome. Aside from that, there wasn't much good about Togwotee. We stayed in the lodge. The room was clean but worn. The sleep sofa was unusable since the mattress was the most worn-out I've ever seen. The staff was friendly and tried to be helpful but, for example, there was no fishing gear for rent although I had been told before our visit that there was. The restaurant is weak and extremely overpriced. Next time, I'd stay in Grand Teton and spend less time driving.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family