Lowest prices for your stay
$144
View deal
Free cancellation until 02/05/23
$144
View deal
Free cancellation until 02/04/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
Algotels
All reviews horseback riding float trip buffalo valley buffalo cafe guest ranch trail guide fly fishing jackson hole family vacation grand tetons snake river negative reviews national park minute drive log cabin front porch wranglers
Selected filters
Reviewed February 25, 2019 via mobile

We got stranded here after Snowmobiling in Yellowstone. This the most down to earth staff ever. After thinking they were going to not have any guests our party rolled in, 20 strong! They were so amazing, they got us room, served us and then made dinner. They don’t have a breakfast menu they just make what ya want.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

My family of four stayed here for 4 nights at the end of July, 2018. We wanted to love it. It’s a gorgeous location and convenient for the Tetons in particular, but Urllowstone too. Unfortunately we did not love it. I don’t like writing critical reviews so I will hit the key points, but am not including all my concerns.

First, rooms are not great. We stayed in a large cabin, but the bathroom was dirty, carpets were worn, dirt in all corners, mattresses sagged, etc. There were mice in our cabin, which we learned with certainty on day two when we saw one. Since it had run out from under my kids bunk beds in the living room, they moved into the bedroom with us which thankfully had two queen beds. We quickly moved all our bags up off the floor, moved food into our car, and reported the mice. When we reported the mice, we got mixed responses. The first woman at the front desk acted surprised and said she would ask the manager Terry to take care of it. Another woman told us the mice were a protected local species and nothing could be done except keep cats around the property. Terry later told us he set a trap in our cabin (which we never saw, although we looked everywhere in our cabin), and the owner later told us the mice were protected. We were not given any discount for the mouse problem, we were essentially told it’s a ranch, what do you expect. To be clear, this isn’t the first ranch we’ve stayed at, I haven’t seen mice at all of our cabins.

Service was inconsistent. For example, when we asked for clean sheets to be delivered because we saw signs that the mice had been in our bed (gross, I know), the front desk told us they would deliver them. They never did. We called again, same response, but again nobody delivered them. My husband finally walked into the room with the sheets (which was wide open) and got us new sheets. We made our beds with the new sheets.

This leads to a third issue we did not realize when we booked- there is no housekeeping service. We were told there’s no housekeeping for the privacy of the guests, but we heard from some staff that there may have been prior theft issues. I have no idea if that is true, I’m only reporting what I heard. All I know is we had mice but nobody would clean our rooms. Even if there hadn’t been mice, when you come in from a day of hiking or horseback riding, you bring in dirt. This is one vacation when we really wanted housekeeping.

Employees at the front desk are not empowered to address customer issues, they always said either the manager Terry or the owner Frank needed to address issues. For example, when we checked out we were mistakenly overcharged for one night of our stay (a higher rate one night). The woman working at the front desk could not refund us, she said that only Terry and Frank were allowed to deal with money. What?! She understood that the overcharge was a mistake, she saw all my documentation showing the rate we were supposed to be charged and agreed it was a mistake, but she could do nothing about it and Frank and Terry were gone. She told me to email them. It took me over two weeks of sporadic, back and forth emails to finally get a refund for the overcharge.

This place could be amazing. The location is lovely and convenient. There were some great things, like a gorgeous horseback ride on trails with spectacular views. I hope management makes some fundamental improvements so this ranch can live up to its potential.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
9  Thank AugustAtHeart
Reviewed December 30, 2018 via mobile

I stayed with my partner and 13-year old french bulldog at Heart Six the weekend before Christmas and we basically had the place to ourselves - a perfect getaway for us from the touristy feel of Jackson. Frank and staff and the puppies were super nice and gave tons of recos for things to do and wildlife sightings (moose take the first roundabout! :) while we spent most of our days skiing and snowboarding, we absolutely loved waking up to coffee with Kevin at Buffalo Valley Cafe and coming back to a quiet snow covered ranch. For someone who finds it difficult to "get away" (business owner) & who has been wrapping up a tough year, this really was a respite. The staff made us feel at home - thank you!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Claire M
Reviewed December 18, 2018

Had such a great time with my horseback tour that Last September I went again. The first time I got a perfectly named horse called Rascal. He eventually wouldn't move.... literally. They had to tie him off to the horsein front of him he was so stubborn (We had a lot in common). The second time I got to go with my beautiful wife. She rode a horse named "Rocket" while I was put on a Teddy bear of a horse named Goliath... "This is Goliath.... our biggest horse" they said.....He was huge and dark, and looked like the stuff that nightmares are made of, however I was assured he was one of their friendliest horses, and he was as gentle and easy going as they come. Easy to ride, comfortable, and I have to say.... I kind of felt like a Bad A** on that giant. I scheduled a half day tour, but hunting season prohibits those so we had to go with a two hour when I got there. Although getting my refund didn't happen immediately (computer problems) I eventually got my refund. As for the ranch itself, I did not stay there, but have a friend who has and she is in love with the place. I did sit around in the common area and enjoyed a cup of coffee on their beautiful property. Its a pretty special place. OH! By the way.... This place isn't right up against some resort property. It is in Moran and being out there gives you a much prettier countryside to experience on your tour. A guide I have struck a friendship up with recommended Heart 6 without even realizing I already had them booked. He had a lot of good things to say about the care and quality of their horses.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2018

We stayed at Heart Six for two nights while touring the Tetons. It was a really neat ranch. Stayed in a cabin type building which was very comfortable. Staff was great and responsive to needs. Had dinner at the lodge which was beyond excellent. Atmosphere of the whole place is great. Would love to go back and stay in the covered wagons and take advantage of the whole place - horseback riding, etc.

Date of stay: October 2018