Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$160
Hotels.com$160
Travelocity$160
eDreams$144
Priceline$160
Orbitz.com$160
All reviews horseback riding float trip buffalo valley buffalo cafe guest ranch trail guide fly fishing jackson hole family vacation grand tetons snake river negative reviews national park minute drive log cabin front porch wranglers
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2018

I booked this hotel from Booking.com. Two guys broke our room (#BV-3) at 12:30 night and walked directly into our bedroom even after they saw ladies cloths, bags , shoes in the living area behind the main door, when I was sleeping with my wife. One guy claimed that he had the key of my room and he booked this room. After this incident we dragged two heavy wooden chairs to support and block the door and could not sleep the remaining night. Went to the front desk to report this incident to the manager in the morning, manager was not available and we wasted two hours waiting for him. I shared my Number and Email with the receptionist and Manager Tarry (or Terry or something similar) did not bother to write us back. We freaked out in the middle of night as someone from the management messed up the keys and that spoiled our entire vacation. My wife got so scared that she became sick and wanted to return very next morning. Fortunately that day was our check-out day and we managed to continue with our existing plan of Yellowstone. There was no lock present on the bedroom door and the lock on main door was damaged, it sometimes opened without even completely inserting the key. In a remote area like Moran with no mobile network availability if something goes wrong nobody would come to your rescue. We felt very unsafe, insecure. Fortunately I was not armed, otherwise, this could lead to a very unpleasant consequence.
Also the room was unclean and there was no housekeeping, food was way overpriced.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
7  Thank Sayak R
Reviewed September 13, 2018

We just spent three nights at the Heart 6 Ranch. The view was nice, especially watching the Tetons at sunrise and sunset. The rooms were clean. But the stay was hotel hell.

My husband and I had a reservation for 3 nights. After checking in and being given a map to find the cabin, we misread the map and went to the wrong room. As we later found out, we were given a master key, so we got in anyway! The people who were supposed to have that cabin showed up while I was in the shower and my husband was at the lodge watching football on tv. They just walked right in - they had a key! They apparently walked back out after seeing the it was occupied.

Then after I got out of the shower, someone knocked on the door and I expected it to be my husband because he'd left the key behind (we were only given one), but it was the man who'd checked us in four hours earlier (I think he was the manager). He told me "you aren't supposed to be in here," and he acted like he'd never seen me or heard my name before (I have an uncommon last name and I gave it to him when he asked). He left saying, again, "you aren't supposed to be here," but he gave no explanation why. I told him to talk to my husband at the lodge, but he didn't. My husband returned about 20 minutes later and I told him what was going on, he went to talk to the manager, the manager told him we were in the wrong room but the other group was ok with using our cabin and we could just keep theirs.

We were concerned about how we'd been able to get into a cabin that was labeled "South Bear" when we'd used it and gotten into "South Buffalo," and we felt bad about going to the wrong cabin, so we put all our stuff back in our car the following morning and told the young lady we'd be back in the evening, if the other group wanted the cabin we used we'd be glad to trade, we'd pick up the key in the evening. We also explained that we knew we shouldn't have a master key. The manager said "we don't really have a problem with you having a master key" - ?? Another employee in the room said, "yeah, this is Wyoming, not New York" ??? When we returned in the evening, they said to just use the same one we'd used the night before and gave us a key for that cabin (labeled for that cabin).

We went to the cabin, unlocked the door, and SOMEONE WAS USING IT!! We went back to the front desk. They had no idea what happened and decided to put us in a room in the hotel. It was smaller, one room instead of two, it didn't have a sofa, front room table or a nightstand like the cabin did. I haven't seen the credit card charge yet, but it had better be lower since we were in a smaller room for two of the three nights. At this point, though, I'm just really glad to be out of there.

AND - The key they gave us to the hotel was a master as well!

We won't be back.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
7  Thank DeboraJN
Reviewed September 12, 2018

Horrible experience here! What people said are true this is a HEART SIX RANCH Without HEART!

They only care to take your money and that's all! No service whatsoever were given to clients. They treated you whatever. Once you pay, that's it. Here are the details of what happened to us:

1. Not enough pillow case provided (slept without a pillow case)
2. Book the room for 4 people but only 2 sets of towel provided.
3. USED bed sheets, stained, and DIRTY blanket! Overall, DISGUSTING! Imagining all those germs from previous clients! Ended up sleeping in the car
4. HUNDREDS of FLIES Dead and ALIVE LITERALLY in your room EVERYWHERE. If this was mentioned we would not come for sure.
5. Charged a premium price for people to stay over here per night!

LITERALLY THE WORST NIGHTMARE THAT HAPPENED IN MY LIFE! Never I have experienced such a thing here, especially in such a place where tourists would come. I am sure this place is not going to last long!

Help us share this horrible experience all over social media, let those tourists know how horrible it is. Now they are still cocky as there are people still constantly checking in. But mark my word, this place will close down if they keep doing the same thing. No integrity at all.

Check my pictures below to see yourself how disgusting this place is. I only uploaded two. I have detail videos of those flies EVERYWHERE, even inside the light covering.

The only good thing is the design of the room. But what worth it is if you can only stare at the room and not able to enjoy them as they are very very very dirty!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Bernard M
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Positiv:
Tours are great fun with nice guides
Location with fantastic view

Negativ:
100 Flies in the room, stains on carpet. Asked for cleaning before moving in the room.
When given the key still a lot of dust an stains...
Had flies again the next morning, kept windows shut, must be coming from vents ....

Price reduction was immediately promised to us by a staff member and then denied because „The manager is not available at check out, you should have adressed that earlier“ (9.30am check out)

Food was not what we expected seeing the high prices. We see people return their food multiple times

At check out we found Staff members laughing about their bad online restaurant reviews (at reception pc)

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank cherome90
Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

Didn’t stay at the ranch but did 2 day trips with them in late August. I wish I could give 2 reviews.
We did a 4hr horseback ride and it was a fantastic experience. While there were other doing horseback rides that day, our group of 5 was the only crew doing the 4hr so we effectively had a private tour. We had an 8 and 5yr old and all of us were inexperienced. Our guide was amazing. She was knowledgeable, friendly and an absolute expert with the horses. She made our horseback ride the highlight of our entire trip to the area.
On the other hand, we booked a private Yellowstone tour for a lot of money with the expectation that our guide would have in-depth knowledge of the park. Contrary to that expectation, our guide did not even know directions, let alone interesting facts or stats on the areas. The tour also started an hour late as they couldn’t find the keys to the van or who was driving us. Now to be fair to our guide, he was a wonderful person and had tremendous knowledge of the ranch, their hunting cabin, horses, etc but he was not a Yellowstone tour guide. I was furious at the ranch but not at him at all.
Bottom line, 100% Recommend a horseback tour and 0% recommend a Yellowstone tour.

Date of stay: August 2018