Heart Six Guest Ranch
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Alpenhof Lodge(Teton Village)
View Hotel
Inn at Jackson Hole(Teton Village)
View Hotel
All reviewshorseback ridingsnake riverjackson holebuffalo valleyfly fishingpool tableset of bunk bedsgrand tetonslounge areascenic viewsnowmobiling tripthe main lodgefelt like homehour ridecontinental dividebisonwrite this review
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The pictures do not lie. The setting is gorgeous. Wonderful staff. Loved the riding opportunities. Great breakfasts at the Buffalo Valley Cafe down the hill. (Dinner at the ranch was a big disappointment.) My cabin was beautiful and very comfortable. Also very short trip into GTNP. I live in a urban, multi-family dwelling, so I'm used to noise. But I was certainly grateful to have ear plugs here. My cabin was next to the walk-in fridge/storage room, and the room shook every time the staff exited it with a big SLAM of the door. The other cabin wall was so thin I could hear every word my neighbors said. With a front door that almost opened onto the pool, I was relieved it wasn't yet "open" for the season. I would definitely stay here again, but I think it's better suited for families than a "solo" traveler because of the activities.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank vwag
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We are a family with 5 children (ages 14, 12, 9, 7, 5), boys and girls, one of which has special needs. We went in a group with 4 other adults and 3 additional children.
From the moment we were picked up, every staff member we encountered was pleasant, professional and willing to do anything to accommodate our family. Our log cabin was clean with a rustic flare. It was obvious there had been recent updates. There was plenty of room for our large family. Although the bathrooms were a little outdated, they were completely functional and It did not bother us at all. The beds were extremely comfortable (which was important after a long day of exploring the surroundings on horseback).
Very little time was actually spent in our cabin because we took advantage of all the amazing opportunities that were available. Between horseback riding, fishing, flyfishing, a scenic boat trip, a tour of Yellowstone, campfires, live music, movie making, games, paintball, archery, rodeos, swimming, squaredancing, billiards, ping-pong, and listening to my kids play piano, there was NEVER a dull moment. Each of my children had plenty to do at any given moment - A relief for a mother with many children, varying in age. However, for the average traveler, there is plenty of space and time to take it down a few notches and enjoy a good book while admiring the Tetons in the distance, if that is what you are looking for.
I cannot say enough about the wranglers, staff and ranch hands. They were phenominal! They made connections with each of my children at their level and made the trip a very personal and special experience. The entire staff went above and beyond to help my son with special needs have the trip of a lifetime - it seemed as though they had special training to understand him like they did.
Our biggest surprise was the food - AMAZING! My sister-in-law was planning her activities so as to not miss out on a meal. There was great variety and 5-star quality behind everything, from the main courses down to the pumpkin cookies at snack time. There were always kid-friendly foods available so everyone was happy. Also, as a special treat, the wranglers occassionally ate with the kids at dinner and had special "kids meals" to give the parents a chance to actually enjoy their fabulous meal!
The only negative experience was altitude sickness. It took a few days for some of our group to adjust to the high altitudes. Otherwise, a splendid trip all around!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MamaB45
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The ranch was facing to snow Mountain, around an hour driving to south entrance of Yellowstone . Very nice people in the ranch. Nice guest club. Very relax.

Room Tip: Room window facing to mountain.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SallyRocky
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We had two nights at this beautiful place - waking up to the view of the Tetons. The scenery is wonderful and the People Are friendly. The little cafe by the ranch is serving good food and local beer. We went flyfishing with Sam in the national park - also a great experience - we actually catched a lot of trout. Great place!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank MarianneD76
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Nice location and relatively close to Grand Teton National Park, and roughly a half hour-45 minute drive to Jackson Hole. Front desk staff was nice. Our room was decent, but seemed a little shabby. We were so grateful for a shower after a night camping, but I found a long, black hair awaiting me on the white wall of the shower, and the tub had some slight drainage issues that left me standing in water most of the time. There was a gratuity envelope for the housekeeping staff next to the nightstand and it actually appeared dirty, with more hair on it. The irony was not lost on me. Overall, it's a nice enough place and the views are lovely, but the room could use some updates and, more importantly, the cleanliness of the room left something to be desired. Nothing we experienced seemed worth complaining about at the time, especially after a night of roughing it, but I wouldn't be eager to stay here again if I had the opportunity. It was a pretty unremarkable stay.

• Stayed: June 2012