Hatchet Resort
Togwotee Mountain Lodge(Moran)(Great Value!)
$243
$230
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgas stationgrand teton national parklog cabinshared bathroomnice showerwest sidebeds were comfortablelong drivevisiting yellowstonemoran junctiongreat cabinwhetstonetetonsparksentranceaccommodationsbrandy
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We couldn't find any rooms available, so I settled on Hatchett. It's close to Ox Bow Bend, where I wanted to photograph. The room was over $160 and not worth it. The restaurant was over priced as well and the whole place looked like it was struggling to stay afloat. The ice machine was in the hotel kitchen, so I had to walk there every time I needed ice, very inconvenient. Internet was not free--really? For those prices it should have been. I could not recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Rainbird1948
Reviewed October 11, 2012

On the Plus side: very nicely decorated room. Hatchet Resort is a nice place to stop close to Grand Teton and has all you need: a gas station, a small store and a VERY nice grill (see separate review).

On the Minus side: we couldn't push the heater up beyond 65F and the entrance door had a draft. The whole thing was not very well insulated. Mold smell in the bathroom. The internet was supposed to work in our room but it didn't and we (and all the other guests) were using our laptops over dinner in the restaurant.

Room Tip: This is a log-cabin motel, so I guess most rooms are similar
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We adored the log cabin and the staff were very friendly and professional. A light bulb had died in our room but the house service was quick and efficient and sorted it out and also gave me an iron as requested, within the hour. Clean and comfy rooms!The atmosphere and surrounding area is truly amazing if you like being in the sticks (which I do.) The food was delish and the breakfast was plentiful and set us up for the day! I had the short stack pancakes with lots of blueberries and maple syrup..yummm! 5 minute drive to the Teton National park and follow that through to reach the South entrance of Yellowstone. This was the highlight stopover of my stay! Highly recommend.

Room Tip: If you have a larger family, or reunion you might want to stay in the 'osprey House' Detached cabin. Looked nice from outside.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This place is in the middle of nowhere. The room smelled like mold and we had a mouse runninbg around the room all night. The window was broke by one bed and would not even close tight. I would stay away from here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank fishing_crazy5500
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stumbled acrosss the Hatchet Resort by chance. The hotels in Grand Teton were full and they suggested we try them. The rooms were kind of cool, they are made of log and kind of felt like a little cabin. The room we were in was very small, but the front desk warned us before we booked. I would not recommend this room for a long stay, but for the night it was fine. I happened to look at the other room and it was much bigger and had two beds instead of the one. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful and the restaurants were good as well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple