Hatchet Resort
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Alpenhof Lodge(Teton Village)
View Hotel
Inn at Jackson Hole(Teton Village)
Flat Creek Inn(Jackson)
View Hotel
All reviewsgas stationgrand teton national parklog cabinshared bathroomnice showerwest sidecute cabinbeds were comfortablelong drivevisiting yellowstonemoran junctionwhetstonetetonsparksentranceaccommodationsbrandy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My faimly and I stayed in the Hatchet Resort for one night in between Cheyenne and Yellowstone, and one night was enough. Great location, the road construction in and around the Hatchet was bad. The rooms were ok, they had upgraded the bath room not bad. There was a strange odor however, something like construction adhesive

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The picture is misleading, as there are only a few places like this on the property. We got one of the last "motel" rooms online. No hairdryer or room coffee machines which my husband says is due to the all wood construction is a "safety feature"??? Over-priced restaurant for breakfast, although the meal was okay. Gas overpriced by 50 cents a gallon. We arrrived about 10 pm, and thought we had missed it completely, until we asked a road crew truck if we had passed it. Neon signs did "loom" eventually along the highway, but was much further than we anticipated from the park entrance. Faded room curtains, and obviously the room bathroom had not been cleaned as there was soap from the previous guest, and coffee in the sink. Behind one of the beds was what I thought was underwear, but turned out to be the last guest's cap. Bed extemely hard - glad we only had to stay about 12 hours... My husband quite liked the "set-up" - would probably be great for a mens' retreat if half the price.

Room Tip: Perhaps the cabins would have been lots better???
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LoveScenicTravel
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I took a three week vacation in July and I was trying to save money when I made this reservation. I was a little unsure about the place when I read some of the reviews but decided to give it a try. That was a mistake. It was rustic and neat from the outside but once we entered our room we were very disappointed. The bedding and curtains were faded and the beds uncomfortable (Having two queen beds made it a little better since we could at least move around without disturbing each other.) The pillows had an "old" smell to them for lack of a better discription. When my husband set down in one of the chairs he was stuck by a wire sticking out of the cushion. When I asked about wi-fi I was told there would be a $3 fee (daily)...forget that! All of that was bad enough but the thing that bothered me the most was the skimpy bathroom curtain. Not only was it too small to cover the window but you could see through it. I solved the problem by using three towels to cover the window.
The bedside hotel book had the menu and prices for the on-site restaurant but when we ate breakfast everything was two dollars more than the book stated. The food itself was not too bad but the coffee was only lukewarm even when the waitress brought a second cup.
There was really nothing we enjoyed about our experience there. Even at a lower price than many other hotels it was overpriced for what they offer.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JustmeTennessee
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is they type of place that is usually follwed by "Value Inn". However, the price doesn't reflect the value part. I stayed at an America's Best Value Inn before with similar results. Bugs on the walls, dirty, thin walls, old thin sheets and blankets. The cabinets and drawers were broken. Just a horrible place!

If it wasn't 10:30 when we checked in we would have never stayed here. Don't stay here by choice! There are many poor reviews on this place for a reason.

The manager is a complete imbecile who could care less if his customers are taken care of. I always give a company a chance to make things right when I get poor service or products. He didn't even try and seemed to thrive on making a bad situation worse.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank freej9876
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Avoid this place. The manager was surly, there was no soap or shampoo and not even a drinking glass in the room. Next morning there was no hot water -- I shampooed in cold. The beds are hard. They now close their Cafeteria at 6:00 p.m. and you have to go to a new "high-class" eatery where the meals are over-priced and poor. This used to be a nice place (before 2012) but it has gone to the dogs. They are only interested in money, not service. The prices are the same as the Jackson Lake Lodge cabins and higher than the Colter Bay cabins. Go there instead.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple