“Good stay at the RV park”

Headwaters Lodge & Cabins at Flagg Ranch
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Moran
Denpasar Bali
“Good stay at the RV park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed in the RV park. We used a tent space and also a drive through RV space. Full electric, sewer, and water hook ups for the RV. Some of the sites are near the road but you can request a site away from the road. Staff is friendly and helpful. Fairly wooded and natural setting. Convenience store sells basic supplies and groceries. The lodge has a full service restaurant for meals. Gasoline and propane sold at the property. Great location for visiting both Tetons and Yellowstone (in between both parks).

Our kids enjoyed playing at the Snack River. Two river access points are nearby. Good hiking / walking nearby.

Two bathrooms are available in the campground. One was recently renovated and in very good condition. The eastern bathroom is in need of renovation now.

Campground was clean and fairly quiet. We stayed in this park for 5 nights.

3 Thank IndonesiaLongTerm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Turkish first
Fishers, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We had planned a 2 week trip to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons 6 to 7 months prior to the trip. As part of the planning Headwaters Lodge looked ideal from a location standpoint for camping. We rented an RV site and my parents rented a camper cabin.

Pros: Location:
The location of the campground is ideal if you plan to visit Jackson, WY, (about 1 hour south), Grand Tetons (20 min south) and Yellowstone (south gate about 10 min North).

Cons: Poor service, campground condition
The level of service and responsiveness was terrible. I reserved the site 6 months prior to arrival and because of "system issues" they could not send me an email confirmation. I called several times over the following few months - still same issues. I called 60 days prior to arrival because I was concerned I had no confirm number. They had lost my reservation - it was in the "abandon reservation" file. Fortunately they still had space to get us in (and they sent an email with the confirm). When we arrived they had my last name wrong but finally found us and checked us in (the office for the campground is a small shack compared to the check-in for the cabins in the lodge). The day before we were to leave the front desk called me (we were in Jackson and had cell service) to tell me I needed to pay my bill and give them a CC number over the phone. I told them we were still there for one more day and had already paid. When we returned to the campground I stopped by the desk - it turns out they had a third reservation under my name. the front desk associate assured me they would take care of it. We left early the next morning. While driving through Jackson I finally got cell service and got a voicemail from the lodge from 8:30 the night before (no cell service in the campground) they needed my physical credit card to give me a refund for the third reservation - no idea why they could not have walked over). I called them from the road and told them I had already left. They said they would look into and call me back. After several hours not hearing from them I called them back - no one answered. I called on and off for the next 8 hours and no one ever answered the phone. I left a message - and no one ever called me back.

Outside of that horrible service and follow-through - one of the bathrooms was under renovation (really needed it), the other one was in bad shape, the grounds are very dusty - very little vegetation and the laundry machines were constantly in dis-repair.

So I would avoid this location.

3 Thank PDEAK
Dixon, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

As described in their webpage, the camper cabin has no light, no electricity, no bathroom. I would say they are honest, but comparing with the $75 cabin in Lake Lodge, Yellowstone, where there is a small bathroom with shower, lights, electric heater and electricity to recharge my camera, this $70 cabin is obviously overpriced. The cabin is pretty new. Some people said they were built in 2012 and I believe so. It's clean (a little dust on the floor should be expected) but with the kind of bad smell of new furniture.
BTW, I'm not an employee of the Lake Lodge.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChemyRabbit
Kuala Lumpur
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Our stay was for 3 nights, June 9 to June 12, booked through Expedia for USD 794.22
Room Deluxe cabin - Bed & Breakfast

Includes: Full Breakfast

Reserved for
Hoe Yoon Chang
2 adults

Upon checking in, I inquired regarding the breakfast that was included as stated in the confirmation email I received from Expedia. However I was told by the check-in agent Kristen that breakfast is NOT included. However, I insisted to the agent that I was sure that it was included, but as the hotel's WIFI was out of order, I could not immediately retrieve my email to show her. She did not offer to call Expedia to confirm the breakfast was included.

At dinner, I went to the reception to show Kristen the email confirmation that full breakfast was included in the package, whereupon she checked with the Supervisor, and this was confirmed. I asked how it could have shown on my check-in that breakfast was not included. The explanation given to me was that the "Expedia Reservations" and the "Headwaters Lodge Reservations" systems were not communicating properly. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO ME. If there was any suspicion that the 2 systems were not compatible, then it should have been verified right away when I checked in. If I was unable to show them the email, then my wife and I would have been denied breakfast which we were entitled to, or we would have to pay for it.

The Hotel's WIFI was not working although it showed a full signal; the reason given was that the router was out of order, as other reviews have also confirmed. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE A ROUTER TO BE FIXED/INSTALLED???

The daily cleaning of the room was not satisfactory, with towels and tissue not properly replenished, and I had to call for replenishment. The reason given was that they did not have enough staff then! This is ridiculous for the amount of money we paid for 3 nights, USD794.22

I could not find an email address for Headwaters Lodge to send in my review/complaint, and my email to Expedia a week ago has still not been responded to.

Hoe Yoon Chang
Itinerary # 1583-5600-5703

Room Tip: There were swarms of mosquitoes waiting for us each night. The hotel should provide some sort of re...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ChangKualaLumpur
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

The cabins are actually split into quarters to make 4 rooms per cabin. Even with this, the rooms was plenty big enough for a family of 4. They are not fancy but they are clean and comfortable. There was supposed to be wifi in the lodge but they said it hasn't been working all season, nor is there cell service. It is isolated. That's not bad, just be prepared. Personally, I thought it was nice to not have to chase the kids off the computer/electronics for a couple nights :) The only bad part of the visit was the lodge restaurant. We only ate breakfast there because it was included, otherwise they are EXPENSIVE and not very tasty. There are other places to eat, but but be prepared to drive to get to them!

1 Thank Lrankin
Hayden, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Cabins nicely appointed. Check-in staff friendly. Grounds need attention but that may be the rustic feel desired. Bring your DEET for mosquitos. NO INTERNET though WiFi is full strength and there are 2 dishes on the main lodge roof. Front desk says they do have WiFi; just no internet connected to router. We were given a cabin with a view. The 'View' consisted of trees 10 ft from the cabin.... nothing else through the trees. It was pretty, but not what we consider a view.

Convenience store: No paper towels in windshield wash station. No washing fluid, only snowmelt water full of mosquitoes and larvae. Asked in the evening and still no change by the next morning even after talking to guest services.

Bathroom in cabin very small; ie: almost requires standing in shower to open door to exit bathroom. Shower curtains mildewed. Sink faucet loose. All sink and shower soaps are from dispensers instead of bar or tiny bottles (not a bad thing)

No blanket(s) in room. Nighttime temp was 38 degrees.

Restaurant: Staff very friendly. Kitchen staff has a different outlook on food prep. PrimeRib ordered Med-Rare THEN grilled another 2 levels of doneness (Med-Well). Could not be cut with steak knives provided. Manager had to take it to the kitchen to use a different knife to cut so that he could show us the actual doneness of Medium-Well. Server told us that it was a known fact that the dinner knives cut much better than their steak knives. When asked about the grilling, we were told by the restaurant manager that was the way they did things. After returning home, facility manager told us that the kitchen had taken un-approved, creative license to change the presentation.

Rooms: Overpriced but we were compensated for a portion of what we paid due to the above issues.

Did not signin to TripAdvisor using Facebook because I do not agree with the level of personal data required to be harvested by TripAdvisor.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rick B
Delaware, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We recently stayed in a "deluxe" cabin at Flagg Ranch. The cabins are very basic but seemed reasonably clean. The room had two beds and for 4 adults was almost $200 including a breakfast plan. The price seemed a little high for the room but you are limited on lodging options in the area.
There was construction on 191 which caused quite a bit of delay trying to get around Grand Teton National Park.
The restaurant in the lodge was comfortable and seemed to be run well with friendly staff. We ate dinner and breakfast there and were happy with our meals.
The Snake River (1/2 mile from lodge) was not very pretty. My husband caught a couple fish while fly fishing but it wasn't a very pretty area to be at.
Jackson Lake is very pretty and large.
The restaurant at Colter Bay Village had good food and good service but we were disappointed that it was not on the water. So there was no view of the lake or mountains.
The Willow Flats overlook has probably the most spectacular views of the Tetons!
I was a bit disappointed with Jenny Lake. It was overcast when we got there so maybe it just did it no justice. We did not hike the trails which may be why it was disappointing.
Due to the construction traffic on 191 we decided not to visit Jackson as we had planned.
We chose Flagg Ranch because we drove from Big Sky, MT through Yellowstone to visit Grand Teton, spent the night, then drove back through Yellowstone on our way back to Big Sky! It was a lot of time in the car but well worth it because we saw a lot of both parks. (Drove west side of YS going south then east YS going north).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moran
Grant Village Lodge
Togwotee Mountain Lodge
Jenny Lake Lodge
Jenny Lake Lodge
#3 of 13 in Grand Teton National Park

Been to Headwaters Lodge & Cabins at Flagg Ranch? Share your experiences!