“Very Decieving Promo”

Oasis Motel and RV Park
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Meeteetse
Oasis Motel and RV Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Meeteetse
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed from June 28-July 18th 2012. BUGS BUGS>>>>BUGS!!! Could never sit outside in the late afternoon or evening. Our site was very small. Rig next to us was 5ft. away. No fishing in river 50yrds from site. River was down steep 50ft embankment. Population of Meeteetse is 327!!!! Don't intend to have a night life there. Cody is 30mi away. No grocery in Meeteetse, one gas stationj with OVERPRICED necessities. Pricing was good. Would not have stayed if there were pictures of the RV Park to see. Asked owner many times for pics before we left home. NONE!!! Would not recommend unless you are looking for cheap camping.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ed D
longb57, Owner at Oasis Motel and RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

We strive very hard to make everyone feel welcome, safe and comfortable during thier stay at the Oasis & Vision Quest motel's. I'm very sorry it was not possible to make your stay more enjoyable. The river is not down a 50 foot bank. Matter of fact during part of the month of June the snow melt brings it to within a couple of feet of the top of the bank and makes it run a little fast. Fantastic trout fishing is available during that time in the Sunshine reserviors. During the rest of the summer the Greybull River is a fantastic blue ribbon flyfishing trout stream with Yellowstone Cutthroat Trout. The river is not suitable for a cane pole, I'm very sorry about that. Yes it is true, we live on a waterway that has some fine specimens of mesquito's which I think is expected if you live or play around the water. Not much I can do about those. So in conclusion I'm very sorry you didn't enjoy your stay, our park, our river, our insects and our small town.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is a difficult one to rate. On our US vacation this was probably at the bottom in terms of quality of all the hotels & motels we stayed in. That said, it was also easily the cheapest at $66 (inc.tax) for 3 of us. We decided to stay here rather than in overpriced Cody, after watching the rodeo. It's about 30 minutes down the road from Cody in the direction we were travelling the next day. We arrived at 11pm & check-in was straightforward. The room looked tired, & there were stains on the chairs, but other than that it appeared reasonably clean. The beds, though, were okay & we had a comfortable sleep. With no breakfast offered we were up fairly early & drove to Thermopolis (an hour away) for a food stop.
In summary I would recommend this motel if all you need is a cheap overnight stay en-route to or from Yellowstone. But remember Meeteetse is only a small place (pop ~300) so your expectations shouldn't be too high.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. If you had said something to me during your visit I would have taken care of immediately. I have discussed the issues you brought up with my staff and hopefully corrected them. Therefore I will give you a discounted rate for your next stay at the Oasis Motel. Thank you for making these comments and next time please tell me right away so I can make your stay as pleasant as possible.

Bobby Long
Owner

Reviewed September 9, 2011

Previous reviews included the Vision Quest in Meeteetse and rated it very poorly. Owner Sheryl Lund assured us she had recently purchased the Vision Quest, updated the rooms, and our stay would be fine. When we arrived, she had a cancellation so we stayed at the Oasis Motel. It was clean, quiet, and reasonable. Meeteetse is an interesting mountain town complete with a fine visitor's center and it's own chocolate maker. Good experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Richard S
Reviewed August 15, 2011

In an effort to save money, I planned our trip to Cody WY without actually staying there. The first night we stayed at the Super 8 in Powell (see review) and the second night we stayed in Meeteetse at the Oasis. This is a family-owned location that has about a dozen hotel rooms, an RV park and, it appears, little cabins. Our king size bed was at the rate of $65 (including tax), which was a considerable savings over the Cody prices I was quoted in the mid-$200 range.

Our room was immaculate and had more room in the bathroom than we had in the Super 8 in Powell the night before. The bed was comfortable and the room was very quiet. We were only about 1/4 a mile away from the 2 restaurant/bars in the center of town, so we walked there in no time.

Meeteetse is a great little town. The sign on the way in says "population 351," but they do a great job of promoting their assets. There are two museums and the Meeteetse Chocolatier, all within a few hundred yards of each other. Once we saw the sights and had dinner, we watched TV for the night as there is not a lot of activity in this little town.

Would stay again. Well-kept place and a great value.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank GypsyRover
Reviewed June 29, 2011

If you are tired of the overpriced chain motels in the Yellowstone area. This motel is a little out of the way but worth stopping if in the area. There is no pool or breakfast so it is not a destination motel with kids but a good stop over. Today is Tue before a 4th of July weekend and the RV park only had one and not sure if anyone in kitchen cabins. The motel part has a few vaction folks but mostly on the road construction workers. It is quiet and clean. A little dated but in good shape. Bed is good, pillows fluffy, water is hot hot. We moved the bed to fit an air bed and if you have traveled much you know that could be a tall tell sign if the floor is clean and it was spotless. The play ground equip could use some help but useable. Our only suggestion is the air was not on when we got here and it is 92. I would have called ahead and ask to have the air turned on. It took a couple of hours for the air catch up.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Kev521
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Didn't look very exciting on arrival, but room was clean, bed was comfortable and shower was great. All in all, great value for money

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank stewie62
Reviewed July 1, 2009

What more can I say, I'm calling right after doing this review to make another reservation.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank genesis1to11

Been to Oasis Motel and RV Park? Share your experiences!