“Food is very good, outside a bit run down”
Review of Cowboy Cafe

Cowboy Cafe
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Lyman
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After leaving Fort Bridger State Historic Site, we needed a place for lunch. Saw the Cowboy Cafe on my phone as a nearby restaurant and drove over as it was on our way. It's right off the highway and the area is a little run down. We decided to go in and check it out and once we got inside the Cafe, it is a big improvement from the outside area. The decor is nice and clean. There is western artwork on the walls The waitress was friendly, cheerful and helpful. Our lunch was delicious and we didn't wait long. Coffee was very good too.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (15)

Reviewed October 31, 2018

Left park City early and wanted a place for breakfast. Saw the Cowboy Cafe and pulled in. The whole area looked a little run down, but once we got inside the Cafe there was a very nice feel to the place. The waitress was friendly, cheerful and helpful. We ordered breakfast and enjoyed really tasty, large servings and endless fresh brewed coffee. The entire cafe was neat and clean as were the restrooms. after breakfast and before leaving I had a travel mug filled with ice and diet Pepsi and wasn't even charged. What a sweetheart. So if you are out on I-80 and looking for breakfast, you won't go wrong with the Cowboy Cafe. They are on the North side of I-80 where you pull of for the Lyman Rest Stop. Safe travels. Cheers.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Richard R
Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

Stopped by on several occasions, and let me tell you, there's a ton of parking no matter when you roll up. My first experience was breakfast, local raised and processed buffalo! That meal would've easily got the place 5 star's, it was absolutely delicious, generous portions and easy on the wallet for what you get. My next couple of time's were trying out the rest of the menu, and stopping by for lunch. My first time it was fun, fast and friendly, but not afterwards. They kept messing up my order, the waitress was rude and didn't even seem to care. I reported her to the owner and that did no good other than to make her continue messing with my order intentionally making mistakes and laughing to my face about how I'll probably complain. Complain? Negative, I never went back. I won't support a business that allows there employees to act like that. To be unprofessional, rude and malicious is completely unacceptable. Great food, but horrible employees and that makes it a bad place...

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in Lyman for lunch at the Cowboy Cafe. We had the Buffalo burger & Clb sandwich. Both excellent! The beer battered fries & onion rings were equally good. Kristen, our lovely server was great.
I recommend that you give the Cowboy Cafe a try..... Be sure to check out the murals on the wall....

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

I had the hamburger steak breakfast. It was great. The homemade homefries here are amazing. TYRA A was my waitress. Great job

Date of visit: May 2018