“Hospitality”
Review of Albany Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Laramie
Albany Lodge
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We have been going up there for quite a few years now. The last few years it has gone down hill fast. From the lodging to the staff and this year the trail systems. To bad use to have a good time up there in the winter mounths.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Todd F

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Rented a trailer, had leaks everywhere, staff was not very friendly or helpful I cant believe the place can stay in business very much longer. Food was o.k. but kind of pricey, talked to many of the people staying there at the time we were there and they all said the same thing. Had great snow and the trails in and out were terrible, never saw a groomer all week but in the parkinglot which was never plowed and a cluster. Looking for a new place to go and spend money, here we come Togotee

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank charlie c
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I first went to Albany for my bacholer party in 2008. I have returned every winter for snowmobiling. Even with a rowdy crowd of younger guys, the staff has always been great. We rent anywhere from 3 to 7 sleds a year. Only had one experience with a broken sled, and although I think the previous rider caused the damage, a 15 dollar part was not worth ruining a weekend over. Housing is decent, but a quick drive into Laramie is cheaper and offers a wider selection of food and entertainment. Haven't missed a trip to Albany Lodge in 4 years and have had a blast every time.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We had a group of 9 stay in the Brown House for 4 days. The house was spacious but quite old. Kitchen was very well supplied with dishes and cookware to get the job done for the 9 of us. I feel the pricing was right on for the quality of the facilities. This isn't a top notch mountain home, but it came down to the all you need for a reasonable priced vacation. We were pretty much sleeping there and on the trails all day. Staff was very helpful. With one busted sled. Rented Mt. Sled for day. Fair price. After being unable to go to top of Mt. because of snow and wind. They allowed refund for only time used. Hourly rate. I will definitely come back. Snowmobiling was awsome. Trails were great and well marked.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Steve D
Reviewed January 19, 2012

The staff was very unfriendly and unaccommodating. They were not willing to offer any assistance or advice when asked. The food was nothing special and very overpriced. I would not return and were I going back to this area I would go to the other end of the route and visit WyColo.
Judging by the number and type of renter they rent machines to I would be leery of getting anything that runs...sure would be nice if renters had a little common curtsey when they pass folks walking on the roads and the local cabins...I highly doubt that the staff there advises this kind of behavior.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Hist G
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Rooms were clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. While not an upscale place, it definately serves the purpose for hunters and outdoorsmen. There are great ATV and jeep rentals but make sure to get your reservations made before you arrive. The restaurant in the lodge has good food, but was surprised by the smoking indoors. I come from a no smoking state so had to do a double take on that one.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Microbrew_Fan
Reviewed July 17, 2011

The Albany Lodge is located in the ideal location for snowmobiling and offroad riding in the snowy range. The hotel rooms are clean, large, 2 single beds and one queen bed. I have stayed there 4 times, everytime I have had to use earplugs to get to sleep, to cut out all the noise from the parking lot etc. Stay there for the lodging and location, not for the food or the service. Always seem under staffed, food is way overpriced for the quality you get. Like I said for the location this place is acceptable but not great.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 378wby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laramie
Old Corral Hotel
Days Inn Laramie
#4 of 20 in Laramie
Best Western Laramie Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Laramie

Been to Albany Lodge? Share your experiences!