AmericInn Lodge & Suites Laramie - University of Wyoming
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Laramie
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I don't think I've ever stayed at a TripAdvisor #1 hotel before, so my expectations were very high.

Great: I booked using a travel website that indicated I could cancel before the trip, but that the full amount was owed once I checked in. I had to cut my trip a day short, and the manager graciously agreed to refund my last night. Fantastic! He said in the future to just call the hotel to make my reservation and I wouldn't have to deal with the travel website - he said they'd either match or beat what I found online.

In addition to the manager giving me a refund, the rest of the desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

Good: Quiet room. Comfy bed. Extra sockets (not like many hotel rooms where you have to unplug the lights or the clock radio for your phone/tablet/laptop). Quiet fridge. Microwave (didn't use it, but it was there). Dresser had plenty of space. Soft, fuzzy towels. Lots of choices at breakfast (my favorite was biscuits & gravy day - they alternate the hot entree daily). Hot tub / swimming pool area had plenty of ventilation, so you weren't bathing in 75% chlorine solution. They had several WiFi routers on each floor, so connectivity was not an issue (I don't think I've ever seen multiple routers before).

Location: Take the East Laramie exit - they don't pay to be listed on the highway signs. They're not really walking distance from anything, but I would guess most every guest will have a car - and few of the hotels in this area are walking distance to much of anything. There's an Albertsons grocery store about a mile away, as well as multiple chain restaurants.

I'll be back in August when the Snowy Mountains are the melted-Snowy Mountains . . . and I'll definitely be staying here.

Room Tip: I always go for the top floor to avoid noise from above. They have 3 floors (and an elevator).
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We arrived early but our room was ready and they let us check in without issue. It was quiet, great bed, clean room and breakfast was good. Our son will be attending U of WY next year and we will be using this hotel when we go visit!

Room Tip: Our room was on the back side of the hotel - we didn't hear anything outside of our room!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Although not walking distance to campus it is a straight shot down the road, easy to get in/out of & avoid "city" traffic! Very comfortable & a good variety of breakfast which is included. Would be nice if doors to rooms would close a bit quieter...they slam unless you are very careful.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I have stayed at many of the hotels in Laramie and I believe this one to be the best. Very easy check-in, friendly staff and incredibly clean. We stayed in this hotel for four consecutive nights and did not have an issue. If I had one small complaint it would be about their breakfast variety .... or lack thereof. By the fourth day we were skipping hotel breakfast and searching for other options.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2014

After driving for hours found Cheyenne Wy had no hotels. Drove to Laramie and found this hotel. It was late and they had a room that took pets. The young lady at the desk was just fantastic. Friendly, helpful, I can't say enough good things. The room was very nice and the bed was so comfortable. The hotel has a nice rustic look and feel. Good price too! Very very happy with this hotel!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We always stay at the Americinn in Laramie and would stay at any Americinn based on our experience. With the military rate, free breakfast and quality of the hotel, we will always choose the Laramie Americinn first.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Thea M, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Laramie - University of Wyoming, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

We really appreciate you! Thank you for staying with us! Thank you also for the great recommendation and the time you took to write a review.

Service members are so important to us! Knowing that you stay with us because we care and give military rate is validating.

Being your first choice in Laramie means we have to keep working hard for you because we never want to disappoint.

We look forward to having you as our guest again soon. Until then have an amazing summer.

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

We came in a little late and they let us soak in the hot tub after 6 nights in Yellowstone. Everyone was so courteous and accommodating. The rooms were clean the beds comfortable. Big breakfast options and free. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank You! We appreciate the great recommendation and the time you spent to write a review.

Soaking in the hot tub is perfect after such a long drive! We will go out of our way every time to make sure you are relaxed and set up for a pleasant stay.

Our breakfast is plentiful with lots of options including gluten free, vegetarian, soy, almond and organic. Knowing your appreciated it makes us smile!

Our staff is the best. They work hard every moment to accommodate any needs and ensure that our guests have the best service possible. Thank you for recognizing their hard work.

We hope the rest of your trip was enjoyable and we look forward to your return.

Have a fantastic summer!