“Noisy room and unhelpful front desk” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Laramie

Hilton Garden Inn Laramie
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Laramie
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Noisy room and unhelpful front desk”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was giving a room on the ground floor next to exercise room and the pool. The noise level was very high both on Friday evening and on Saturday early morning. I've asked to move to another room but was told the hotel was full. I arrived at 7pm or so and could not have canceled my reservation for the night. I had expected the hotel staff to either upgrade my room (even for an additional money) or offer to cancel my reservation and find me a room in another hotel. But none was offered even when I canceled my second night reservation.

I was unaware of the Satisfaction Guarantee promised and I was unaware of a refund option (I would have moved to a different hotel that night had I know about it). The staff did not inform me of such a promise or option for a refund even when I reported the problem upon arriving to my room, when I asked them again later that night or the next morning when I canceled my reservation for the following night. The staff was courteous and ask what they can do to help but didn't do anything beyond the first question. They did not initiate anything, did not offer any solution, did not act on my suggestions and in fact just stared at me and said nothing. They didn't offer to talk to their manager to see if they can further help even when I informed them that I'm canceling the reservation and moving to different hotel. Their service was pathetic and very unhelpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank yl_slc
HGIUWCONFCNTR, Sales Coordinator at Hilton Garden Inn Laramie, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your stay. Sorry that we weren't able to offer you a solution during your stay but want to make things are right with you and hope you will except our apologies and changes we have given you. We hope your next trip to Laramie we can serve you and take care of you. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and it is always very pleasant. Everyone is polite and the rooms are so clean and comfortable.
The only thing I didn't enjoy this time was the coffee choice in the room. Was very weak and not enjoyable to drink.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HGIUWCONFCNTR, Sales Coordinator at Hilton Garden Inn Laramie, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy staying with us. We will look at each of the rooms with the coffee choices and see how to make things better. Thank you, and we hope to serve you on your next trip to Laramie!
Denver, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Hilton was a nice place to stay. I do think they need to offer a complimentary breakfast of some sort especially if you have little ones with you. Paying $10 a person is way too much for little ones. The pool area was nice and offered a nice little kiddie area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your stay. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy our pool and we hope to serve you on your next trip to Laramie!
Madison, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

This hotel was probably the nicest I've stayed at. Beds were great! Really appreciated getting free breakfast all mornings I was there and not just the usual continental breakfast stuff, actually being able to order what I wanted!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HGIUWCONFCNTR, Sales Coordinator at Hilton Garden Inn Laramie, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your stay! We are pleased to hear that everything went well and that you enjoyed our special cooked to order breakfast. We hope to serve you on your next trip to Laramie!
Trenton, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

The rooms were outstanding and the entire hotel was very clean and well kept. The staff was very personable as well. The best part of our stay was the bed though. We really enjoyed our stay and will be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HGIUWCONFCNTR, Sales Coordinator at Hilton Garden Inn Laramie, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was helpful. We hope to see you on your next trip to Laramie!
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed here a night over the weekend while visiting family. Check in staff very friendly and courteous. Room was clean and neat. The shower head was broken and only worked on two cycles.
Now for the reason I wrote the title. Kids ran up and down the halls half the night without parent supervision. OMG, hard to get to sleep!! I guess no one called the front desk as this did not stop until midnight.
Hotel was so crowded the breakfast that we got in our "special rate" we were unable to use as the wait was 30 minutes plus. They do not having a dining area in which to serve adequately all of the guests they house. They did comp us back on that.
Pool and spa were clean but again the kids running wild while parents right there. Pool was supposed to be for adults from 12PM-11AM-give that up.
If you are looking for a relaxing experience we would suggest another place especially for the price that was paid.

Room Tip: Get a room on the end so not so much noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We apologize about your frustrations and assure you when we get any noise complaints we do take them seriously. We hope to serve you on your next trip to Laramie and we hope you can get a chance to enjoy our wonderful breakfast. Thank you!
Eaton, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Staff very professional! Check-in was swift. We enjoyed a quiet room (and we were next to stairs). Breakfast staff was especially helpful. There were lots of choices for breakfast and omelets were made to order. It was a delicious meal. We booked our room at the last minute and it was an excellent experience. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HGIUWCONFCNTR, Sales Coordinator at Hilton Garden Inn Laramie, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your stay! We are pleased to hear that all the staff you met were all friendly and helpful. We are glad you enjoyed your breakfast and your entire stay. We hope to see you on your next trip to Laramie!