“Gaslite motel excellent place”
Review of Gas Lite Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Laramie
Gas Lite Motel
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Laramie
Coffeyville, Kansas
“Gaslite motel excellent place”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The gaslite motel is not only a nice homely motel, but its surrounded by cowboy indian and animal decor and beautiful flowers. The owner is very kind and the lady tiffany in 10 was very kind to us. We suggest this motel to anyone who is is Laramie and would love a nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank steph s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We r not uppity people in any way whatsoever, so staying at Gas Lite based on reviews was ok w us.

It's definitely a simple, low budget, low end place but that's ok too.

What we were not ok with we're the bedbugs! We went to sleep with no bites, n woke up with"bites of 3" in many places.

Luckily we did not put our clothing bags on the bed at all n I'd not set any other personal belongings on it either. We will still have to hot water wash all our items though to make sure we don't bring any home with us.

Lastly, it was a non-smoking room but obviously someone has smoked in there.

I will Never stay there again n will tell our friends, pay the extra $ n stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ValBroad

Travelers are raving about these Laramie hotels

Sunbury, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 22, 2012

The decor at this place is pretty cheeky, but it's also what makes it an interesting, fun place to stay. It's faux log cabin-like with a lot animal and cowboy era figures. We stayed here in multiple rooms before heading to the Denver Airport and they were very accomodating.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Charlezingalls
Roby, Missouri, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed here on our way through on a family vacation, and we were SO happy that we did! I read the other reviews on this motel, all which sounded good so we thought what the heck. My husband and I have two daughters ages 10 and 16 and on this trip we have stayed in every kind of hotel imaginable and when we checked in here and looked at our room, both of the girls said that this was the coolest place we've stayed on our trip besides the Mandalay Bay in Vegas (which cost $100.00 more than here) Clean room, super friendly people, comfy beds and I LOVE the eccentric feel! We stayed in the Clint Eastwood room..great since we love him :-). The only complaint we had was sort of a minimal breakfast but with the money you can save here will certainly buy you a meal close by. I know if we ever come this way again..this will be our first stop!

Room Tip: Apparently all there rooms have a 'theme' of a western character!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Oregon
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I read all of the reviews and thought I would give the motel a try. At check in I felt uneasy with the look of the lobby. It was very dingy and 2 or 3 animals lounging in the lobby. I don't mind pets and have a dog of my own but it made me uneasy to see the animals have free range of the place. I checked into the room and upon entering was ready to leave. My five year old daughter said "Mom this place is creepy". I had to agree with her but wanted to tough it out and just sleep and continue our travel in the morning. I went to the bathroom and it did not help my to feel any better. The toilet was old and the seat was chipping off. The shower had mold in the grout. I took the bed spread off the bed and the blankets underneath were scairy. I don't know what was on them but it was frightening. The mattress moved and you could see the sides of the box spring and it was horrible. There was so much dirt and hair and I have no clue what else stuck in the edge. I tried to plug in my phone charge and most of the outlets did not work. I finally found one that did and when I plugged in my phone I noticed some sort of old candy and lots of dirt and hair on the floor against the wall. The last straw was when I pulled back the pillow and found a pubic hair under the pillow. I grabbed my girls and told them we were leaving there was no way I could stay here. I tried to stay and did not want to seem like a snob but the room made me feel so uncomfortable I would have never got any sleep.
I went to the lobby and explained to the women at the front that I could not stay here and I would like a refund of my money. I told her that even if she did not refund my money I would not be staying. I told her about the hair and that I was just going to continue driving to Cheyenne. She said she knows that the sheets were changed and asked if I wanted to try another room. I said no I wanted to keep driving and find somewhere else. She did not seem very happy about it but she did refund my money and we left and drove and found a much cleaner place to stay.
I would not recommend this place and would advise you to not stop and the cheap price and quirky decor is not enough to make up for the uncleanliness of the room.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AMAAG
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I want to see every room! Can't wait to go back! :)

• Stayed April 2012
Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stayed one night last month as we got snowed in laramie from the storm. It was a good value as we payed about half as much as the chains were asking. The rooms are clean and I really appreciated the water pressure. Nothing spectacular or fancy just a good cheap place to stay...and the bed was really comfy! They also accept pets and don't gouge you for traveling with your furry buddy.

• Stayed January 2012